Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Has Trixie's Popularity Decreased?

Perfect Alicorn

As time goes on, I've seen less and less of Trixie in the fandom. It may just be me, but it seems like Trixie's popularity has decreased since she first debuted. I could very well be wrong, since I'm not as active in the fandom as I used to. Anyway, what do you think? Do you agree or disagree?

While Trixie is still a fairly popular character within the fandom (me being a fan), I'd say it's fair to say her notoriety has decreased. A lot of that is due to screentime as she's only had two episodes where she is featured, three comics (two of them an arc), and her secondary antagonist role in Rainbow Rocks.

What have we had in regards to Trixie recently? No comics since issue #22, no episode appearances or cameos, and an unnotable cameo in Friendship Games. Granted she is still EASILY one of the more popular characters as she still leaves quite the impression in regards to charisma and personality, but the lack of attention isn't helping her.

• Brohoof 1

I think Trixie remained, all in all, a fairly popular character in the fandom .. and this although she seems to have "disappeared" in the show...and,unfortunately, I am not referring to one of her "magic tricks".

@

Forgot to mention; I moved your topic to Show Discussion as it was discussion a character.

Thanks. :)

• Brohoof 2

I still see quite a bit of her in the fandom actually. Trixie fans are everywhere. Even still, I wish she had more prevalence in the actual show. At least as a minor appearance throughout some episodes. She has far more potential at this point since she...I guess reformed. 

I hope not, but I suspect that's what is happening. Unless they do another episode with her, to even further boost her likability, I'm sure her popularity will flourish.

I would say she's upstaged by a few other ponies who've come up since her debut. She's still up there, but other ponies have become popular too (Coco, Marble, Sunset, etc.)

Yup! Looks like Starlight Glimmer is the most popularvillain now! :3

Edited by Merion
  • Brohoof 1

I don't think it has decreased a lot, but the problem is that we didn't see her since a lot of time, either in the comics or in the main series (duh). I hope the writers will bring her back in season 6 :pinkie:

Yeah, definitely.

A big problem is exposure, as stated by Pathfinder above. Her big splash was in Season 1 with only 1 more appearance in magic duel and the comics. (RR too, but that's not pony).

Another big problem is that her Niche that fans got behind was essentially stolen from her. When she landed on the scene her big thing was being Twilight's rival character. As such, fans loved her by being basically everything twilight wasn't and having a personality that clashed with her. However, Since then we've had two new PURPOSELY crafted evil twins of Twilight show up who've upstaged Trixie in that regard, Sunset shimmer and Starlight glimmer being Nega-twilights.
As such, Trixie's rival role is kind of obsolete now, much like how Piccollo in DBZ dropped in purpose once Vegeta came along.

Not to mention twilight's left Trixie so far behind in the dust magically that its absolutely absurd to compare the two anymore as Twilight's exploded in leaps and bounds in how powerful she's depicted as being compared to season 1. She can pretty much teleport at will now compared to how she did it very rarely in S1 and was much less sure, her spells almost NEVER backfire or fail like they did in the past, she's an alicorn and she's pretty much depicted as being the uber mage now.

I mean, She's taking on CHRYSALIS solo in the comics and depicted as being the more powerful of the two; Trixie isn't even comparable at that point, that's like comparing the starter boss of a video game when your taking on sephiroth.

Moving on past that, Trixie's purpose in the show is kind of gone now that she's reformed; She can't really return as an antagonist due to having reformed, and as stated above she's lost her "purpose" in being a rival to twilight to others. Why bring her back now?

Like someone else mentioned here, I think that Trixie is still rather popular, but other characters that are new to season 5 have become more interesting for the time being. For example, Tree Hugger, Sassy Saddles, or Rara are becoming fan favorites quickly. 

What others have said.  Trixie has only had 2 episodes & the last was Magic Duel (season 3).  She is not so much unpopular as she is forgotten.  IMO, if she had an episode in season 6 (perhaps showing how her promised reform was doing) she would regain her former luster.

I wouldn't be surprised if her popularity has decreased.

She hasn't had an episode focused on her in a long time.

Ironically, at this point in time, I think trixie's honestly a better foil to rainbow dash than Twilight. Twilight's surpassed trixie in so many ways that the two can't really work well as a pair of magical rivals, and Twilight's excised almost all her flaws making her and trixie not work well together as a duo if they were together (Twilight's smug pride in herself that she would occasionally show in Season 1 like during the first episode or pinkie pride is pretty much 100% gone).

On the other hand, Dash and trixie are actually incredibly similar in personality being glory hogs, with Trixie vs. RD in Rainbow rocks shorts showing this well, as well as the comic with the two that we had for the FF series.

• Brohoof 1