Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Were you scared when you first wore your MLP shirt in public?

magicguy0711

Hey guys I was just interested to see the response, because of my personal experience. 

So today was my first day wearing an MLP shirt in public, and I will have to admit, I was pretty scared.

This day actually turned out alright and one person even said that I was very brave to wear this shirt in public but I responded with

"Why man? I just love ponies" it was pretty funny.  :derp:

After today i'm totally going to be wearing all of my MLP shirts.  :lol:

• Brohoof 8

Given that it was at Bronycon... no :P

But I did end up wearing it back to the airport, on the plane to the UK, on the train home and through my home town to the car. At that point I didn't give a monkey's though.

• Brohoof 3

I kind of was nervous when I first wore an MLP shirt out in public. I'm a tall, big guy, I didn't advertise it, but I didn't try to hide it either. I wore it into my work, and no one seemed to notice, and it hasn't been mentioned. 

I think it depends on where you live, and the how open minded people are. 

• Brohoof 5

This is a good question. The term nervouscited applies so well to my first time wearing a pony shirt. It was the glorious Fluttershy 'Yay' shirt and I was nervous about wearing it, for sure, but also I was so happy to finally have my own pony shirt and I couldn't wait to wear it. ^__^  I actually got some positive reactions out of it too. That's always a plus.

• Brohoof 4

The first time I wore my Derpy shirt was to see Rainbow Rocks. I was a little nervous at first, then a little boy with his decked out Applejack plushie and mom got in line and I felt good. We were there too see ponies and nothing else mattered. The non-bronies didn't really react, but I got several compliments from the bronies.

• Brohoof 2

Being an teenage female fan of the show, I knew wearing it to school could possibly be a bad idea, since my first time wearing any pony merchandise was in middle school and those kids downright rude.

Turns out, nobody cared I watch a show for girls much younger than me. I actually met a Brony in my engineering class, which made me pretty happy. We had many conversations about the show and other than that, nobody cared.

• Brohoof 1

Not really. Sure, i got some stares, but it didnt really matter. At school, people asked me about it, and i responded with "Yes, i like MLP". They shrugged, said "cool" or something, and left me alone. I've yet to really be "bullied" about it, if ye don't count the joking me and my friends do.

I have to be honest, I was a little nervous at first. However, when I did, I realized it was actually kind of fun to be different.  Even people complimented me on my shirt, mostly teenagers and young adults, but hey, no one laughed at me, so that's a win, right?

• Brohoof 1

• 3 weeks later...

The first time I wore an MLP shirt I was nervous enough, that I just kept my jacket zipped up so nobody would see it.   ^_^

Now I am used to wearing MLP shirts, and I wear some MLP buttons everyday at work, so it doesn't bother me anymore. 

I have at least 100 different shirts so I didn't really think twice about it...

Honestly I'm more self-conscious wearing my brothers old WoW hoodie because a random grocery attendant was like "F*** THE HORDE!". I never wore that thing again. Tcs8ais.gif

Edited by Summer Greetings

Not really. 5 minutes after putting it on, I had forgotten which shirt I was wearing. I didn't get any flak for it; the only people who mentioned it were fellow bronies. To be fair, I was in university at the time, so I don't know what it would be like earlier in the education system.

I think last year, I wore my Vinyl shirt to school, nobody really cared except for this one girl, (everybody hates her, she's a complete jerk) said, "You know that shirt's for GIRLS right? You like my little pony?!" I just did that half-smile shrug and that shut her up. I now wear my 3 MLP shirts occasionally, I don't get much attention for it. Recently I just found out about someone else who likes MLP at my school, but she's a few years younger. We've never talked. Oh well.

A little. The first time I wore a Pony shirt in public was to a job interview. My mom told me to dress in reasonably good clothes. Our opinions on what that meant differed slightly. (It was for a job servicing at a grocery store; not like it depended on my choice of clothing anyway)

When I came in, my now-boss and several co-workers complimented it. Never felt a lick of a doubt wearing one in public after that.

• 2 weeks later...