Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Were you scared when you first wore your MLP shirt in public?

magicguy0711

I used to own a shirt with a certain familiar rainbow mare upon it, although I no longer have that shirt in my wardrobe. When I did wear it though, I wore it as I would any other shirt.

I'd like to get an Octavia-themed shirt at some point though. I'd wear the heck out of that!

• Brohoof 1

I wore my first MLP shirt at the beginning of my ninth grade year and I was petrified. I got a few odd looks from some teachers and students, but no one really said or did anything aside from a group of girls snickering at me during gym class. Now, I have quite a few pony shirts and I wear them weekly, along with a hoodie, and no one even spares me a glance. I've become known as the 'pony girl', you could say.

• 1 month later...

Ok... So I'm a girl so it's a little different, but I wear pony shirts pretty much every day. My typical outfit is yoga pants and a big pony t-shirt and I LOVE it! I wear them around my college campus and out shopping, sometimes people will read my shirt out loud and ask what it means. Like I have the rainbow dash one that says "brony" and people are like "whats that?" Haha! One of my favorite shirts is the applejacks cereal one! It's so cute! My fiancé and I wear our matching pony shirts out in public all the time and we don't care! The first time we wore them in public was a little awkward, but you quickly forget that your wearing a shirt with a pony on it. And I just remind myself that who cares what other people think! There are some weirder things that I could be into other than MLP and I have a whole fandom to back me up in a fight! Haha!  :wub:

• Brohoof 1

I usually feel a little nervous when I wear a pony shirt outside of pony conventions, especially when I'm not far from home. I first got pony shirts last summer as gifts. I wasn't as nervous because I would rarely, if ever, encounter anyone I knew. Then I bought some shirts at BronyCon, and have bought more shirts overtime. To this day, I have never worn a pony shirt at school, but I have worn pony shirts outside of school, usually when I go places that are a little bit further away from where I live. I don't wear shirts at school because of the fact that I've had long encounters with people, and I'm really scared of what the reactions will be. Especially on the school bus, because there a couple of people that have tried to antagonize me whenever they get me to talk to them. Which is why I decided to bring an iPod so I can listen to music during the start of this school year. I might decide to put a pin on my backpack that looks like this.

http://i.ebayimg.com/00/s/NjAwWDYwMA==/z/WRAAAOSwhh5Tms7s/$_35.JPG

I think you'd have to be a fan to recognize this as ponies, heck, I could imagine some fans not even recognizing this as ponies. Once I'm done with high school, I'll probably go on to college, and wear pony shirts much more often.

I don't think a stranger has ever so much as noticed - much less cared - that I was wearing a pony shirt.  No matter what I'm wearing, I'll be perfectly fine so long as I don't allow myself to become self-conscious about it.  Nobody's bothered me - not once.

Annnnd the OP hasn't been active since about when they made this topic. xD  Doesn't seem to be any point in quoting and congratulating them, now.  *Was going to quote and congratulate them.*

Sadly, I don't own any pony shirts nor tank tops. ;3; I would wear them on my days off but I don't think I'll get judged very much since I'm female.

I do want to get both FIM shirts and the G1 pony shirts. I'm just having trouble finding the small size as they're always out and mediums and large sizes are too big for me since I'm a petite woman(I can't wear extra small as it's too small). XD

I was a little nervous, yes, but no one said anything. I certainly wouldn't wear it to school - I know for sure I'd get a few rude comments if I did - but I'm more confident with wearing merchandise whilst out and about to display my love for MLP and other stuff now! :)

• 2 weeks later...

I've worn pony shirts in public and school, I got a few looks, but noone said anything.

Though I wasn't worried since it's the same as wearing any other pop culture shirt.

You're only expressing your interests and everyone is entitled to their opinions.

Its not that bad. I don't have any, but I've seen a classmate wear one to school, no one stared except me, that was before I started watching the show...

• 3 months later...

Currently only own 2 custom MLP tshirts. One with Rarities cutie mark " Electrified" (which looks fabulous, just to put it in her words) and another one is of Fluttershy all dressed up in Skyrim theme armor with " FUS RO yay" printed and that one I'm a bit skittish about wearing in public. I'll get there one day

my first was a TINY bit stealthy, in that it was a pony outline, which helped, but yeah I was a bit worried that one of my professional relationships would see it.  

My first MLP shirt, the one that says ''This shirt just got 20% cooler'' I wore at school and in public in general and I did not give two craps about what people thought. I became a closet brony a couple of years after that, but now I lack care in others' opinions. I don't care to come out, but I wouldn't mind wearing an MLP shirt in public and I would just laugh if someone throws an insult.

so, the brony shirt that I get far and away the most comments on (like 95%) is my stealth brony "elements of harmony" shirt.

of course, no one knew it was a my little pony shirt.  they just thought it was some interesting looking nerdy hippy shirt.  

• 2 weeks later...

ra,relaxed_fit,x1100,541e68:68f9e309b0,f

This is the first shirt that I wore, but I got it in black. Was I scared? No I wasn't I wore it like any other shirt, and minded my own business, and no one said anything to me, or even looked at me funny. Even to this day I wear that shirt in public, and nothing happens.

• 1 month later...

If there's no stores that sell MLP shirts & hoodies near you, there's always Amazon & Ebay. I bought all my MLP shirts on Ebay, where a huge variety is available & have been pleased! Also I wear my MLP shirts to work & not one negative word has been said!

Edited by Darthy Hooves

• 4 years later...