Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

staff q+a DashForever Q&A

Batbrony

*cue dramatic entrance*

Haha!  Welcome, welcome, welcome everypony! :D  Well, it's Wednes-Almost-Thanksgiving-and/or-Turkey-day, and you know what that means?  That's right, it's time for another staff Q&A!  This week, we've got a face who should be familiar to most anyone who's been around here for a while.  DashForever is one of our oldest moderators around, and just one of our oldest members in general, having been active on the site since September, 2012 (which is almost as long as I've been here, but not quite as long... I'm oldddddddddddddddddddddddddddd  >_>).  He's a wonderful chap to know, the biggest Rainbow Dash fan I've ever met, always ready to lend a helping hoof to those who need it, and terribly fun to have a conversation with (which will more than likely devolve into nonsensical randomness that is somehow still more meaningful than whatever you were doing before, go figure :wat:).  He also happens to be my personal bestie around here, which makes this an excellent opportunity to totally troll him.  :comeatus:

So ask away, lovely members of MLP Forums, ask your questions of DashForever to your hearts content no matter what they may be!  :muffins:   And to kick things off, I'll start with only the most serious of questions.  :toldya:

Alright buddy, first question: who would win in a race between Rainbow Dash and Derpy... while Derpy is being goaded on with a muffin hung in front of her face from a stick?  CHOOSE WISELY!  :love:

large.jpg

*cue dramatic exit following DF-glomps*

• Brohoof 5

Dash, what do you think of Simon's fall :D

What do you think of your role on the forums :)

What does the forums mean to you ^^? 

• Brohoof 3

Alright buddy, first question: who would win in a race between Rainbow Dash and Derpy... while Derpy is being goaded on with a muffin hung in front of her face from a stick? CHOOSE WISELY! :love:

I think we both know that Derpy'd find a way to eat the muffin long before she reached the finish line ;)

Dash, what do you think of Simon's fall :D?

Disappointed, in a way. Rewind time a few years and I'd have won that poll by at least fifty votes. But times have changed and I'm but a shell of my former self :(

What do you think of your role on the forums :)?

It's pretty cool. I've been somewhat busy and all over the place at times in recent months and years, and I really appreciate how patient everyone has been with me. Other than that, not a whole lot to say. I think I've gotten a bit better at managing the pressures my role once made me feel, and at balancing my work here with my responsibilities elsewhere. Forums are still a pretty cool place, and I'm glad to have the chance to hopefully help keep them that way.

What does the forums mean to you ^^?

They're where I met a lot of my best friends, and I'll always appreciate that. Having been here a long time, I've seen just how many people this place has helped bring together, and one of my sincerest wishes is for MLPF to keep kicking off friendships that last, and that help people grow too.

Do you like zeeeeeeee RariDash?

tumblr_nx7irwdOIs1s7snf2o4_540.png

Who wouldn't? :wub:

I've (sort of) shipped it for several years. It started out as a joke, but these two just have so darn much in common. And their episode this season proved that they compliment one another nicely, and that they have a fun dynamic. Definitely want to see more of this pair in future seasons.

• Brohoof 3

Got another fun one for ya buddy.  Alright, get this: if each member of the Mane 6 were in an anime show, what anime show would they each be in? :sunbutt:  Feel free to assign shows to other characters outside of the Mane 6 as well.  :icwudt:

• Brohoof 2

I'll go with a simple favorite video game/series?

Tough to say, since I really don't game much. I'll list off a few series' I've enjoyed, but I have no idea what my favorite game overall is anymore.

Pokemon, just because Pokemon. The craze swept the nation when I was little, and I still have great memories of all the time I spent playing (and replaying) those games. Even if I'm not as into them as I once was, I still like to hijack my brother's games (with his permission :ph34r: ) and give newer titles a try. HeartGold was such a good game :wub:

Fire Emblem. I'm a scrub who hasn't played Awakening or some of the newer games yet (stopped after Radiant Dawn), but have plans to check out some of the current titles. Once spent a large part of summer grinding through Radiant Dawn's hard mode, with my siblings hanging out to chat and mock me when the RNG (repeatedly) decided to screw me over :derp:. Those were the days.

Less well known is the Megaman Battle Network series. For what they were, they had great storylines, and they always had loads of content and side quests to tackle after you'd worked your way through the main plot. Series kind of overstayed its welcome (and declined after the third version) but I can still have a great time messing around with them.

oh, and Dangan Ronpa and Kingdom Hearts rock even though I've never actually played the mainline games  :adorkable:

by now it should be obvious that most of my gaming has taken place on the GBA. Never had consoles (besides the Wii) growing up, and therefore ended up being a very very casual gamer. Recent years have given me the chance to learn all sorts of things about the gaming world though, like "what's a Skyrim?" and "what are good graphics?"

Got another fun one for ya buddy. Alright, get this: if each member of the Mane 6 were in an anime show, what anime show would they each be in? :sunbutt: Feel free to assign shows to other characters outside of the Mane 6 as well. :icwudt:

Hm, tough for some of them.

Rainbow Dash: Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann. I think many would agree that this show's philosophy is very RD. One Piece might work too, since it's about exploring the world and bravely chasing your dreams.

Fluttershy: Puella Magi Madoka Magica, because endless suffering she'd probably feel perfectly at home in a show like K-ON!

Applejack: Spice and Wolf, maybe?

Rarity: Toughie. Suppose she'd be great in the Dangan Ronpa series, what with her being a quirky sleuth and all. Super High School Level Fashionista!

Pinkie: She'd work as a side character in a lot of things (Kill la Kill was an option I considered) but I could see her in a show like Chuunibyou.

Twilight: The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya, mostly because of how she was in earlier seasons. At it's core, that show is about a cynical, snarky bastard learning to appreciate all the nutty people that he spends time with.

Spike: Neon Genesis Evangelion, because endless suffering. Also because Eva Unit 01 has his color scheme

eva_unit_01_wallpaper_1_of_3_by_jodec123

Luna: Sailor Moon, duh. "IN THE NAME OF THE MOON, I WILL PUNISH YOU!" (Dramatic pose)

-------

/weeb

• Brohoof 7

What made you join the staff in the first place? :nom:

• Brohoof 3

If you have one, what is your favorite episode in FiM? :)

Testing, Testing, 1 2 3 is my favorite. Aside from having a great message and just being solid all around, I could relate to Dash's struggles in that episode particularly well.

Why do you decide to join these forums in the first place?

I found out I liked pone

I wanted to talk about pone

Google gave me suggestions for forums to talk about pone

First place didn't work out

I came here instead

it was better

and I talked much about pone

What made you join the staff in the first place? :nom:

They needed help and asked nicely :D. Also ties into the "What does the forum mean to you?" question, which I answered earlier :)

• Brohoof 4

Hey there Dash! :D

A simple question but; what led you to Rainbow Dash fanaticism in the first place? B)

And why was @ so insistent on having you voted for in the recent ban poll? :confused:

• Brohoof 3

Can you give me a list of your top five favorite anime? I'm looking for suggestions and you're one of the biggest weebs I know. <3

• Brohoof 4

Hello Dashforever.

Is there actually a possible way to be comfortable in an uncomfortable position?

I just tried to sit half naked with an open window on a hard chair, while playing smash bros. It sucks. :P

• Brohoof 3

Spike: Neon Genesis Evangelion, because endless suffering. Also because Eva Unit 01 has his color scheme

eva_unit_01_wallpaper_1_of_3_by_jodec123

aAdzY6V.gif

Well, I am safely back home with my family, dog, and kitties to celebrate Thanksgiving, so let's have a holiday themed question. :muffins:  If the ponies (not just the Mane 6, the ponies in general) celebrated Thanksgiving, who would enjoy it/look forward to it the most and why?  :rarity:

• Brohoof 2

How can you have such a good taste in games in anime?

I've never seen such a combination of good taste before, so I may be going insane

• Brohoof 2

A simple question but; what led you to Rainbow Dash fanaticism in the first place? B)

She's been best pony ever since her intro scene, for me :). I really liked her energy, and eventually came to appreciate many of her other attributes as well.

And why was @Mystery so insistent on having you voted for in the recent ban poll? :confused:

I've been trying to ban him for over two years, so I guess he finally saw a chance to strike back :bedeyes:

you're one of the biggest weebs I know. <3

I'm blushing rn

Can you give me a list of your top five favorite anime?

If you're looking for recommendations, I'll just stick to stuff I think you haven't seen :P

• K-ON! is a good show. I like to think of it as being like the MLP of Japan. There aren't really morals to episodes or anything like that, so it feels much less structured. Despite this, they flesh out the characters very well and it's just a great thing to watch if you want something chill. 39ish episodes and a movie.
  • Neon Genesis Evangelion, it's a 2deep4u mecha show that deals with a lot of characters who have depression and other lingering mental issues. It's a good show, especially if you can relate to any of that. Even if you can't, it's still considered a classic. Not super lighthearted, so keep that in mind :P. 26 episodes and a movie.
  • Chuunibyou, sort of halfway between the two things I just mentioned. Basically, this dude who was a total weirdo in middle school meets this girl who is still a total weirdo, and they form a club for people who are (or were) weirdos. It's a chill, slice of life show but there's more going on than there appears to be initially, and things get emotional toward the end. But overall, the show balances comedy with drama very well. Two short seasons, but I haven't watched the second.
  • Kill la Kill, sort of a weird one. It's like a magical girl-ish show that's a bit all over the place. It deals with big, reaching themes like freedom vs. authoritarianism, society's expectations for girls, growing up, etc, but... it also doesn't. It's a very high energy show that has a lot of emotion, conflict, and (most controversially) very revealing outfits. Because of this, sites like Tumblr are a bit divided over whether it's a progressive, uplifting and smart show, or if it's just using those elements to get away with a lot of sexualized scenes and violence. I won't say there's a right side in that debate, but I did like the show. 26ish episodes, I want to say?
  • Hibike! Euphonium, lesbians in a high school band. Also features really good animation and attention to detail, when it comes to the instruments and such. 13 episodes.

I'll get to more questions later. Thanks everybody :)

• Brohoof 5

She's been best pony ever since her intro scene, for me :). I really liked her energy, and eventually came to appreciate many of her other attributes as well.

I've been trying to ban him for over two years, so I guess he finally saw a chance to strike back :bedeyes:

I'm blushing rn

If you're looking for recommendations, I'll just stick to stuff I think you haven't seen :P

• K-ON! is a good show. I like to think of it as being like the MLP of Japan. There aren't really morals to episodes or anything like that, so it feels much less structured. Despite this, they flesh out the characters very well and it's just a great thing to watch if you want something chill. 39ish episodes and a movie.
  • Neon Genesis Evangelion, it's a 2deep4u mecha show that deals with a lot of characters who have depression and other lingering mental issues. It's a good show, especially if you can relate to any of that. Even if you can't, it's still considered a classic. Not super lighthearted, so keep that in mind :P. 26 episodes and a movie.
  • Chuunibyou, sort of halfway between the two things I just mentioned. Basically, this dude who was a total weirdo in middle school meets this girl who is still a total weirdo, and they form a club for people who are (or were) weirdos. It's a chill, slice of life show but there's more going on than there appears to be initially, and things get emotional toward the end. But overall, the show balances comedy with drama very well. Two short seasons, but I haven't watched the second.
  • Kill la Kill, sort of a weird one. It's like a magical girl-ish show that's a bit all over the place. It deals with big, reaching themes like freedom vs. authoritarianism, society's expectations for girls, growing up, etc, but... it also doesn't. It's a very high energy show that has a lot of emotion, conflict, and (most controversially) very revealing outfits. Because of this, sites like Tumblr are a bit divided over whether it's a progressive, uplifting and smart show, or if it's just using those elements to get away with a lot of sexualized scenes and violence. I won't say there's a right side in that debate, but I did like the show. 26ish episodes, I want to say?
  • Hibike! Euphonium, lesbians in a high school band. Also features really good animation and attention to detail, when it comes to the instruments and such. 13 episodes.

I'll get to more questions later. Thanks everybody :)

Jokes on you, KLK is my second favorite anime. :P

Thanks!! One last question hmm... Night Owl or Morning Bird?

• Brohoof 5

Is there actually a possible way to be comfortable in an uncomfortable position? I just tried to sit half naked with an open window on a hard chair, while playing smash bros. It sucks. :P

My profile motto is a metaphorical thing, dude :(. It's about challenging yourself and stuff :(

and now it seems I need to add a disclaimer about how I won't be legally liable if you take its advice and do something unsafe

Favorite anime .gif and meme?

tumblr_lp6s9sOc721qlxni6.gif

don't worry, he was ok

As for memes/image macros/whatever~

AkHKOHY.jpg

How many languages do you speak?

Only English, and a teensy bit of Spanish that won't be of much help to me if I actually have to have a conversation with somebody. I'd like to learn more.

Dash, what is your best po- oh.

My username is so darn informative :D. Who needs an About Me when I can just convey everything important about myself through a name?

• Brohoof 5

Well, I am safely back home with my family, dog, and kitties to celebrate Thanksgiving

Sounds cozy :D

If the ponies (not just the Mane 6, the ponies in general) celebrated Thanksgiving, who would enjoy it/look forward to it the most and why? :rarity:

I'm thinking AJ. It's a pretty low-key holiday revolving around family and lots and lots of food, and that sounds like an Applejack thing. Pinkie would be super into it too, but she'd be super into any holiday :P

How can you have such a good taste in games in anime?

F-flattery will get you nowhere :blush:

Duuuuude favorite K-On! character and why? :wub:

U20aD5w.jpg

Ritsu is my favorite because she's just so darn funny :lol:. Every character in K-ON is amazing, and there're some I relate to more than her (cough cough Yui cough), but Ritsu's various antics never failed to get me giggling. And she's a big old sweetie too :). Love her relationship with Mio.

• Brohoof 5