Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

*SPOILERS* Is Queen Chrysalis, Luna in disguise?

FlutterDerpy582

Ok everypony, here's a theory I have been working on.

As it changes from day to night, Luna states, "As always, I will guard the night".

Let's break that down. Has anypony ever noticed we never see the evil cadence at night while Luna is coincidentally "guarding the night"?

The most important clue is at the end of the episode. Enter Luna, who nonchalantly asks, "Did I miss anything?".

This leads me to believe she stopped guarding the night because she knew that everypony thought her secret alter-ego was gone. Therefore, there was essentially no blood on her hooves, and no pony knew she had anything to do with it.

Oh! One more thing!

Twilight: "She fooled everypony"

Chrysalis: "I did, didn't I?"

A work in progress, but I would love to know what everypony thinks!

Opinions? Comments? Conspiracies? Any views on this, or even related to this, I would honestly love to hear! :)

EDIT: Yes, I meant Chrysalis. My bad everypony... :l

Edited by FlutterDerpy582
  • Brohoof 4

Who do you mean by Chainlink, the Changeling Queen?

If Luna is the Changeling Queen, then I bet this whole thing is an epic prank to get back at Trollestia. x3

Nevermind that my theory makes no sense. <..<

Edited by Jadefire
  • Brohoof 2

I doubt she's Chrysalis. Luna is up ALL night till the break of dawn, of course she'll be asleep during he day, or at least I know I would. :P

Plus Luna was hit by the Elements of Harmony, the most powerful magic known to Equestria. If that made her alter ego Nightmare Moon revert to Luna, it would have done the same to her other alt. personality (If she was her) Queen Chrysalis, and we would of had a normal 1 episode season finale.

Hmm.

Luna sees Twilight running to where her brother is when Twilight goes to talk to him. Evil Cadence shows up shortly after....

MAYBE :o

I'd like to believe in Luna's goodness, but I see your point ^_^

Edited by Iris Melody

Um... Wasn't the evil Cadence seen reinforcing her hypnotism spell at night, though?

But was Luna still at her post? Luna saw where Twilight was going, and Evil Cadence showed up shortly after.

Not that I fully believe this theory, but I'd like to debate its plausibility. Poor Luna, on trial, needing to prove her innocence!

Hmm, and as for the changelings feeding off of other's love and affection, Luna does desperately want love and affection for herself that she practically never gets (all those difficulties in NightMare Night, even though the kids who loved to be scared liked her, it's not the same). So now Luna has motive...

Luna! Where were you on the night before the wedding?! Where were you during the day? You better have some good alibis! ^_^

Edited by Iris Melody
  • Brohoof 2

if luna did it well good for her I WOULD LOVE TO HELP OUT

As would I. I live to serve, My Queen.

Anyway, I think their is definitely some plausibility to this theory. I was thinking along these lines near the end of the episode.

I doubt it's true, but it would make some great fanfiction if done right.

• Brohoof 2

Ah...I'd like to believe Luna's a good pony now. She's had a really tough life, ya know. Unfairly treated and shunned...she really doesn't deserve any more of this.

Edited by Aureity

So, are we suggesting that Luna disguised herself as Chrysalis who disguised herself as Cadance? I guess the dream is collapsing or something like that.

Either Luna is a class-A troll or loves crazy elaborate schemes.

• Brohoof 2

Um... Wasn't the evil Cadence seen reinforcing her hypnotism spell at night, though?

Indeed. Twilight went to talk to Shining Armor about what she thought of Cadence. Cadence shows up headaches and magic occur and Twilight leaves to go back to her friends leaving Shining Armor and Cadence where they were. As she makes it to the area where the other mane 6 are Luna is still on the tower and says, "Who goes there? Stay indoors Twilight Sparkle." Even if she had flown back I doubt she would have been able to make it there before Twilight. At least that's what I think.

Pony inception. Princess Luna disguising herself as the Changelling Queen who disguised herself as Princess Cadence. A pony in a pony in a pony. It's a regular turkducken of a mess going on there... :lol:

• Brohoof 1

Well I think the main problem with this theory is that it's very unlikely Luna has the ability to change forms. So her changing into a changeling is one thing, because it kind of looks like her, but into Princess Cadence... that seems iffy :/

Maybe it's the other way around? Maybe the changeling queen also disguised herself as Luna?

Well I think the main problem with this theory is that it's very unlikely Luna has the ability to change forms. So her changing into a changeling is one thing, because it kind of looks like her, but into Princess Cadence... that seems iffy :/

Maybe it's the other way around? Maybe the changeling queen also disguised herself as Luna?

She changed into the shadow bolts in ep 2.

Also, I think Luna easily could've seen Twi heading for Armor's house, teleported in, applied the spell, seen Twi run away, and then tele back.

She changed into the shadow bolts in ep 2.

Also, I think Luna easily could've seen Twi heading for Armor's house, teleported in, applied the spell, seen Twi run away, and then tele back.

Well

I watched the whole episode again, it left a lot of questions...

At first, it seemed like she couldn't really transform into anything but small objects, or possess objects in general. Then her power jumps when she suddenly turns into The Shadow Bolts. At first I thought that, was it, I guess she can transform, but as I thought about it more, I realized, that this was most likely some sort of illusion a holograph or that sort of thing. Mainly because, if she could transform into some sort of monster, especially something as powerful as Chrysalis, why wouldn't she have done it in the first place? I realized the most likely answer, is because she wouldn't be able to actually DO anything. Why didn't The Shadow Bolts just take Rainbow Dash out? She was by herself, no one else could reach except Fluttershy, (who isn't the strongest fighter (but still is best pony XD )) and they were in the middle of the EVERGREEN FOREST. There must have been plenty of places to hide Rainbow Dash if she didn't want to kill her. And if she'd hidden her and, as you suggested, she can transform her shape, she could even have turned into Rainbow Dash her self. That way, she would have been able to destroy the Original Elements of Harmony, and when Twilight tried to create the Elements in her friends, one would have been missing.Also, as we can see when she charges head on at Twilight, she obviously was ready to take one of the ponies on directly in a battle of Physical Strength. So the only answer I could come up with, once again, is, because Shadow Bolts were simply a conjuring, she COULDN'T. In other words, she can't change, she doesn't have the ability to turn into another pony, or animal.

If this theory is to work it's gonna have to be the other way around. Is Chrysalis Princess Luna?

It's generally better to go off of what a character does as opposed to want they don't.

When a character does something, you KNOW they can do it, but characters fail to do things all the time for plot reasons. If NMM had used her full power from the beginning, the mane 6 would've been stopped long before they Ben had a chance to find the elements. But obviously that would've made the show quite boring :P