Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

gaming Cloud in Smash Bros. 4 Discussion Thread

DwhitetheGamer

Biggest surprise in Smash Bros since Snake's announcement for Brawl(btw, I hope he finally comes back in that Smash Announcement next month).

Also, we're finally gonna have FF music in Smash. Link vs Cloud and One-Winged-Angel fanboys rejoice!

I was really happy when he was announced, and i'm still really happy. I'm totally going to buy him, it's been a while since FF7.

Though, i'm more excited for the results of the ballot. My bets are on Chrom/Ridley/Goku/Shrek.

Only thought is basically this could be an indirect way of Nintendo wanting to say they are attempting to get the FF7 remake on the NX. If not, it just means anything goes with Smash now and there is no relevance required for a character to be put in.

I thought it was a big surprise as well.  I haven't played FF7 since I was a kid, and I still can't finish Disc 2.  (I'm so close.)

Only one word can describe the Midgar stage, though...

BANNED!

At least in competitive play, that is.

• Brohoof 1

I'm gonna be frank, Cloud shouldn't be in smash imho.

Every character except him has been on a Nintendo console.

However thinking about it FF7 Remake for Wii u could be confirmed.

I'm gonna be frank, Cloud shouldn't be in smash imho.

Every character except him has been on a Nintendo console.

However thinking about it FF7 Remake for Wii u could be confirmed.

I think it'll be on the NX more than the Wii U.  However, there's a reason why Cloud's in Smash, and EWNetwork explained why.(Well, 5 reasons to be exact.)

• Brohoof 1

I think it'll be on the NX more than the Wii U.  However, there's a reason why Cloud's in Smash, and EWNetwork explained why.(Well, 5 reasons to be exact.)

I agree with all of his points except the last one

We never got MGS4 for the Wii(obvs) after Brawl and the only MGS game afterwards was MGS3D for the 3DS, Ryu in Smash is still despite Street Fighter V not coming to the Wii U or NX(so far). I'm not saying the possibility's isn't there(it definitely given some of Square's teasing for the NX), but Cloud being in Smash isn't setting anything in stone.

But given every other 3rd party character that's appeared so far, it's pretty obvious that Cloud was included due to he and his game's reputation in general rather than any relationship with Nintendo

Edited by Megas75

Why not?  Aside from the "fact" that the Wii U "sucks"...

Because I see th egameplay as more novlety and repetitive than other games which require skill in their competitiv emode and if I get  ahankering to play I'll just play the one I have on the wii. Only games I really wanna check out from the wii u right now are bayonetta 2 and splatoon. Except bayonetta 2 would break a controller which has a screen in it, sounds expensive to me lol.

Still can't believe it, Cloud being in Smash is probably the weirdest thing to ever happen to Smash Bros ever :o

Kinda wish we'd get another FF character instead like, say, someone from 6(which would make a lot more sense in Nintendo context) but eh, I digress. Need to play FF7 sometime though to see what all the fuss is fully about tho. :P

^ You'll be playing a damn good game, Radiance. 

Also, I see what you're saying.  Any FF game from Nintendo would make more sense than Cloud in the gamer's viewpoint.

Why not?  Aside from the "fact" that the Wii U "sucks"...

A lot of people don't want to get the game who do not already own a Wii U because buying the system is not justified for one game.

I was really surprised when I heard Cloud was going to be in Smash Bros. I've never playing Final Fantasy 7 and I only knew Cloud because of the Kingdom Hearts series. He seems to look really interesting in Smash, and I look forward to try him out when he becomes available to play.

Edited by Dynamo Pad

I'm pretty hype. Being a long-time Final Fantasy fan it's great to see them get a rep and even greater to see that Nintendo and Square Enix's relationships with each other have become positive enough to allow this event. Hopefully this is just the beginning of a repaired friendship.
Though Cloud isn't my favourite Final Fantasy character(and FFVII not my favourite game), it's understandable as to why they chose him. I'd love to see other characters and games represented in music/assist trophies/etc.

• Brohoof 1

This is definitely something that surprised the hell out of me. Never thought this would happen but it is awesome. :3 You know what else this means? Friggin Cloud Amiibo. :o Which means it being sold out within 2 minutes and being sold online for $50....Bleh. Excited for the character though, he seems like a good fit fighting style-wise. 

The hype is real. O0O

It's awesome that he's in. I kind of expected a Final Fantasy character to make it in somehow (since half of the games were on Nintendo consoles), but not Cloud. It seems like they're helping out a bit with the FFVII remake coming soon. Not sure if this means it's confirmed for Nintendo, though.

Just in case you don't know, there's a special Smash Bros. Broadcast coming in December.  That means we'll get to know more about Cloud's inclusion and possibly the Smash Ballot winner, if Cloud isn't one.

While it's great that he's in the game, it doesn't really make sense that Cloud is coming to Smash because FF7 is still a PlayStation exclusive. I remember there were requests for him to come to PlayStation All Stars so i feel bad for them, it was either him or Sephiroth to get in but sadly no FF characters made it in which was disappointing. Since Cloud is in Smash now, Sephiroth should come to PlayStation All Stars 2 along with Sora from Kingdom Hearts.

Still it gives me reason to go back and play with him and this game again.

Edited by Light Diamond