Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Vague brony shirts?

Hazy Skies

Do you know of any MLP shirts that are sorta vague, and barely recognizable as a "pony shirt" except for those who are familiar with the show and gets the inside reference that the shirt shows.. I ask because It'd be good to get and wear an MLP shirt, but I'm still a little insecure about wearing a shirt that's.. "Loud" in portraying, and telling the world, that I'm a brony..

But yeah, a shirt that is vaguely MLP, looks cool, and isn't "loud".. Know of any?

Be it a little vague or very vague, I'd love to see what ones there are, I'm sure there's one that'd be perfect :D
Perhaps like.. Uhh.. OOOoooh! One with the Equestrian moon, with the crater patterns and stuff.. That'd be cool :)

EDIT: Here's some examples of ones I found.. I really like the 2 Luna related ones ;)

3P14K5m.jpg

b7lOvVA.png

k64Ka1U.jpg

IbFcseE.jpg

aa0JngE.jpg

EDIT: On a side note, is there any sites or places you know of that I could upload a vector to print on a custom shirt?
It'd be cool to make my own custom MLP shirt that I like :P
EDIT: Seems this site called "TeePublic" Does a thing where you can upload an image and make one.. I'll have to check it out..

Edited by AURAequine
  • Brohoof 1

I've searched far and wide to try to answer this very question. I have a few possible suggestions. There are shirts that say Discord and have a silhouette of Discord's head. Another idea is a shirt with the Equestrian flag. Another idea is the word harmony spelled out with elements from the periodic table. Finally, you can always go with a Doctor Whooves shirt that doesn't actually have the good doctor on it.

• Brohoof 1

I know what you're talking about.  I call that a "brony detection shirt."  I have one, but it looks like it's no longer available from the place I bought it.  However, some of these might work:  

http://www.redbubble.com/shop/little+my+pony+subtle+t-shirts

http://www.redbubble.com/shop/pony+minimalist

Nice, the first link seems to be the best for 'vague' pony shirts. Awesome findings :D

• Brohoof 2

I've got a Cloudsdale Weather Factory shirt. Almost nobody, except people that have seen the show, know it's a brony shirt. Here's a link to it: http://www.amazon.com/My-Little-Pony-Cloudsdale-Weather/dp/B00A3E1M9Q

That one looks pretty cool :D

Better looking design than this other Cloudsdale weather factory t-shirt I saw..

Many bronies might not even pick up on this, but if you want supreme stealth then check this out:

https://www.teepublic.com/t-shirt/338667-i-call-this-one-fernando

Hehe, only from the most recent episode xD

I think "subtle" is what you're looking for, not "vague."

That running of the leaves shirt looks really cool. :D

Hmm.. Either word works i guess.. :lol:

You could have a "subtle" brony shirt that people can't tell what it's about..

Or a "vague" brony shirt where the viewer is uncertain or unclear about the shirt's meaning..

Either way, both pretty much get the result I'm looking for :P

A brony shirt that is cool, yet has the inside references to not be too vague to recognize :P

OOOOooo.. that just gave me an idea..I could possible design a shirt that's like.. Star Swirl's cloak in t-shirt form.. :lol: with fake bells and stuff.. :huh:

Edited by AURAequine

• 5 weeks later...

I may be stating the obvious, but cutie marks are pretty subtle. I doubt anyone other than bronies would recognize them.

Some of the non-pony characters (e.g. Discord, Tirek, Gilda, Gummy) would be another option.

• Brohoof 1

I got one that's a kind of decrepit Rainbow Dash cutie mark. Looks a bit like this one, but the mark is bigger: 

fig,black,mens,ffffff.jpg

Most people don't know what is, and when they ask I tell them it's a band logo and they seem satisfied with that answer. The only people who recognize it for what it is are Bronies I encounter. 

• Brohoof 1