Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Which species is better? Pegasus, or Unicorn?

Pika-duck

I say unicorn because they can have magical abilities that are beyond the abilities of pegasi. I mean we have Starlight Glimmer who can travel through time and do all this flying with her magic stuff.

Unicorn magic is far more versatile and practical than simply having the ability to fly. With a myriad of spells and magical potential at your disposal, flight becomes an afterthought. Anyone who picks Pegasus over Unicorn is only choosing such because of their personal preferences, rather than objective qualities.

Pegasus, cause nothing's better than levitating and chilling on clouds. (Who needs walking?) 

Also, just a bro-tip: the title of this post might seem offensive (even racist) to some, why not change it to "Which Species Would you Rather Become?" =)

• Brohoof 1

• 3 years later...

I personally prefer Pegasi. Things like flight, weather control, cloud-walking, etc. are both fun and useful. It would be so helpful to be able to to fly anywhere you wanted. Plus, it  would just be downright cool to be able to fly. Throw this in with the fact that they can literally control the weather, and you start to realize how epic they really are. Out of the three, they have definitely fascinated me the most.

Now, we could also take an objective look at the question. In overall usefulness, all three types of ponies are pretty much equal. Each having an important role in Equestria. Although, if  your judging by power potential, then unicorns would win that. This is just because the seemingly limitless range of magical ability. Although only the most powerful unicorns can use all of this magic. Most average unicorns are right there tied with the other two on the power scale. But like I said, that is just the power scale. They all seem equally important for Equestria.

Overall this question is very opinion based. Some people prefer Unicorns. Some people prefer Pegasi, and some people even prefer Earth ponies. It all depends on the individual's preference when determining which is better.

I'd have to say that I prefer unicorns to pegasi, they can do anything if given the appropriate amount of magic, Starlight could travel through time so it shouldn't be that hard.

• Brohoof 2

4 minutes ago, Odyssey said:

What? No love for earth ponies?

But really, I like unicorns best.

I was thinking the exact same thing, my answer would have been different.

• Brohoof 3

I like the magical attribute more than flying. I would choose Unicorn as the better species. They can fly too if they are as powerful as Starlight Glimmer.