Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Worried about Season 6.

CastletonSnob

I just watched it with a friend, and we laughed our butts off. It was kinda weird.

She went from Lady Gaga to Demi Lovato by the end of the episode. xD

Did you like it? Did it change your view?

• Brohoof 1

Also.  Every season brings in new talent, most of which do very good work.

Actually shows tend to stagnate and get lazy when it's the same people doing the show for years.  After a while that creates an assembly line philosophy.  Simpsons and Spongebob had this issue.  I have MORE hope when people leave and come because from what I've seen, the people they get to work on the show are people who WANT to write for pony.  Fans becoming creators essentially.  If new writers have passion that's a good sign.

• Brohoof 2

I'm guessing Season 6 will be better than Season 5! I suppose we'll have to wait for it to actually come to find out though. Also, I don't think AKR leaving the show will affect its quality much if at all. There's plenty of other good writers and I'd personally like to see what new writers could bring to the show.

• Brohoof 3

AKR was easily my favourite writer on the show but one thing I've noticed about season 5 that makes me really optimistic for season 6 is the talent of some of the new writers who've just came in.

"Castle Sweet Castle" was a wonderful episode in my opinion, done by two new writers, and I'm very hopeful to see them continue.

"Hearthbreakers" was another one along the same lines as Castle Sweet Castle.

I would also say that writers like Josh Haber and Larson have arguably improved the quality of their contributions to the show as well with "Bloom and Gloom" and "Amending Fences"

While AKR is a really really sad loss, I have plenty of hope for the newer writers on the show :D

• Brohoof 1

I really don't know. I just don't. 

By and large, I have been quite unimpressed by new writers' efforts this season. In particular, I did not think that any of the episodes between Crusaders of the Lost Mark and The Mane Attraction were anything more than average, and some I would even consider less than average. 

In any case, I do imagine that season 6 will finally be the season where seasonal rot sets in, so we'd probably be screwed either way, even if AKR hadn't left. 

Edited by Cleverclover

I really don't know. I just don't. 

By and large, I have been quite unimpressed by new writers' efforts this season. In particular, I did not think that any of the episodes between Crusaders of the Lost Mark and The Mane Attraction were anything more than average, and some I would even consider less than average. 

In any case, I do imagine that season 6 will finally be the season where seasonal rot sets in, so we'd probably be screwed either way, even if AKR hadn't left. 

I think the new writers have been hit and miss.

Amy may've been one out best writers, but her leaving doesn't mean FiM's in trouble. We'll just have to see.

Que sera sera...

Also.  Every season brings in new talent, most of which do very good work.

Actually shows tend to stagnate and get lazy when it's the same people doing the show for years.  After a while that creates an assembly line philosophy.  Simpsons and Spongebob had this issue.  I have MORE hope when people leave and come because from what I've seen, the people they get to work on the show are people who WANT to write for pony.  Fans becoming creators essentially.  If new writers have passion that's a good sign.

This.

Edited by Jangobadass

I haven't had high hopes for the show since the end of Season 2, after Slice of Life it fell a lot farther I just watch because when I start something I have to finish it. But I guess I can have fun talking about them which sadly is what I have more fun than actually watching them.

Don't hold high expectations... maybe they might surprise you, didn't for me but for you who knows.

Edited by cider float

I'm not worried about season 6. So what if one writer is gone? There's plenty of other great writers out there too. I'm sure it'll be a great season, as I believe the quality of the show has been rising the longer it's gone on.

I'm not going to lie. 

I feel if the show ended after this season or after last season and had Crusaders of the Lost Mark during S4, fans would have been satisfied. I mean going into S6...what else is there left to do unless they plan on introducing new characters? Of course we'll see in the finale what possibilities open up going forward. It seems like they've done everything they can do with the Mane Six and Cutie Mark Crusaders at this point. They're not going to do anything with Spike so we can rule that out. Discord maybe? Guess we'll have to see!

Edited by Rocky

Anyone else worried about the quality of Season 6? I mean, with AKR gone, how will the show be affected?

Your not the only one, kid.

I'm worried too, this year did not really have an arc unlike last year, and last year's arc was rather poor, but had an awesome climax. 

I hope Season 6 has a proper arc, if, however, by Season 7. If the Quality get's worse, I may consider leaving the fandom. I don't want it to turn into another Spongebob Squarepants.

Edited by ScarfaceOne
  • Brohoof 1

I'm worried too, this year did not really have an arc unlike last year, and last year's arc was rather poor, but had an awesome climax. 

I hope Season 6 has a proper arc, if, however, by Season 7. The Quality get's worse, I may consider leaving the fandom. I don't want it to turn into another Spongebob Squarepants.

agreed about this season feeling lukewarm as far as an arc goes compared to season 4. That's been one of my bigger issues for this season.

Anyone else worried about the quality of Season 6? I mean, with AKR gone, how will the show be affected?

The show isn't foing to suffer because she left  :lol:

That can't be the only reason you're worried.

I hope Season 6 has a proper arc, if, however, by Season 7. If the Quality get's worse, I may consider leaving the fandom. I don't want it to turn into another Spongebob Squarepants.

Kid? I'm older than you are.

Edited by VG_Addict

A lot of Season 5 just feels like it's filler and not as good as it used to been. The only real thing that people have cared about for years about and was the only unresolved story was the Cutie Mark Crusaders didn't get their Cutie Marks. That is resolved now, so there really isn't anything that has value to finish now so now they're just trying to stretch this out and add more stuff but the magic is already gone.

• Brohoof 1

The show has improved over time so there is no reason to be worried. Many people here who are dissapointed are probbaly long time show watchers that are getting tired of the show and that is why the show is is no longer fredh for them but I found the show last year so I am still very excited.

• Brohoof 1