Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Closet bronies, what is your ''escape tab'' for an MLP website?

gamecubeguy214

So some of us bronies don't want to show we're bronies and we go on MLP websites a lot and our family is near us all the time. Because of all this, we may have a second tab we always have open and go to whenever you hear someone walking past you. The person can just read the other tab and start making fun of you, but I'm sure people just walk by to get to wherever they're going. My escape tab is Smashboards, Smash is a hobby that my family knows I have and they don't judge me for it, but MLP is something I don't want to show. I'm sure that most of my family know I'm a brony except for my dad, if my dad found out I bet he'd throw me off the deck. What's your escape tab?

• Brohoof 1

I wouldn't say I'm as much of a closet brony as I used to be, but since I do high school online, I used to always switch over to my school lessons when somebody came in the room. I don't do it as much now, but it just depends on how I'm feeling I suppose.

• Brohoof 1

I would switch tab to a different forum, guide, or just maximize a program I have opened.

I had before turned off my monitor to cover it up but that's way too suspicious.

A thing I noticed was that they didn't identify the icons clearly showing or the forum tabs. So that isn't really anything for me to worry about yet.

I kind of got caught when I once left my laptop opened unintended but they didn't identify where it was from or whatever. o.o

My family is aware that I'm a fan of the show, but because I don't like how they mockingly sing the them when they see me watching it or on a pony website, I switch to Facebook or another game when they come into the room.

• Brohoof 1

My immediate family is cool with pastel colored horses, so, I rarely have the need to have an escape tab at home. At college however. I usually have a good game of Avengers Alliance 

I always look up MLP stuff using private browsing/incognito mode. Then I close the browser when I hear someone opening my door.

I usually have another program (e.g. a file manager) up behind it so I don't look suspicious.

I also know exactly where the reset button is on my computer... just in case the browser locks up when I try to close it. :lol:

I have two screens. So in main screen I hide my browser behind my Steam and on 2nd screen it's Youtube. or another random page I frequently use. And my Chrome theme is so messy that text on tabs is impossible to read.

Edited by The Cerberus

I hate to be a closet brony to my parents. I'm seriously thinking about not caring anymore because I have to do this escape tab thing not only with MLPForums or EQD but with my art, when I am drawing, as well. It's very frustrating  :(

Reddit, usually /r/linux or /r/programming. The more boring programming/security jargon on the screen, the better :P

Reddit is a great escape tab, except if you are on /r/mylittlepony  :please:

• Brohoof 3

My family is aware that I'm a fan of the show, but because I don't like how they mockingly sing the them when they see me watching it or on a pony website, I switch to Facebook or another game when they come into the room.

Do they ever sing, ''My Little Pony, so skinny and bony'' in the melody of the theme for the previous generations of MLP? Because when I was open about my brony-ness, people would sing that to make fun of me and I felt like s***.

Edited by gamecubeguy214
  • Brohoof 1