Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Closet bronies, what is your ''escape tab'' for an MLP website?

gamecubeguy214

• 1 month later...

I don't actually need a tab. If someone approaches me I give a stare and ask what they want. Most just walk by. Friends and family don't actually care (parents does not know what the abbreviation mlp is lol) :D

But if I had to have one it will most probably be Google or YouTube

Homework. Specifically: AP Calculus BC :P

I hate to be a closet brony to my parents. I'm seriously thinking about not caring anymore because I have to do this escape tab thing not only with MLPForums or EQD but with my art, when I am drawing, as well. It's very frustrating  :(

Same here. I got a drawing tablet for my b-day and I want to draw pony stuff but the only available computer here is out in the open where it is so easy for any of my four younger siblings to pass by and watch what I'm doing. Frustrating indeeed

Well, when I WAS a closet Brony, I used to keep up a FNAF video or JT Machinima rap in a second tab. I don't have to do that at home anymore (mostly because I no longer own a computer).

But at school, I just have a Microsoft Word window at the ready.

i always have the sims 4 on the background, because my familly knows i play that all the time, or youtube because that's my addiction. and when I forget to have an extra tab open or the sims 4 playing i just click it away and act like it's completely normal to sit behind the computer, staring at the homescreen :icwudt:

I just exit to a New Tab page.

that's not suspicious or something:'hey, what are you doing?' 'o, you know, just... nothing :please: ' I jused to do that to ;)

Edited by Summer Breeze

Perspective from somepony who's all grows up and all grows up and all grows up.

Fact is: they probably don't care. It's probably a build up in your own head about a reaction that will probably not happen if they found out. If you're worried about your friends, are they truly your friends? If you're young and it's your parents, would being interested in some cartoon really affect how they view you?

The sooner you stop worrying about some things the better; because, if you get made fun of for a rather innocent interest, then it seems only fitting that one of your other interests will cause derision. Plus from my perspective, most parents understand that their children's interests are varied and sometimes rather curious to what they're own interests are. For the most part parents are supportive and love their children no matter what.

On the flip side, I did witness the other, and you wouldn't believe why. As a teacher, I witnessed one instance where a parent was flat out was angry at their kid for their interests...that was when a young student signed up for my drama class. Basically the dad showed up and was angry at me for not consulting him before having her act out scenes(!) I still don't understand the perspective, but she was removed from the class, even though an art credit was required and it was student choice.

...so of course if that's the reaction you would get and you know that for a fact...well, keep hiding away until you're also all grows up and all grows up and all grows up.

Then you can do whatever you want and pox on them for judging your interests otherwise.

I rarely do it, since my family are cool with me liking colorful horses. In college though, I don't care what tab I use to escape, as long as it is less eye catching than colorful horses 

• Brohoof 1

• 4 years later...

Escape tab??? :ButtercupLaugh:

I am a closet brony, but I don't have an escape tab. I can minimize to the desktop if I need to. Back in the day, you didn't even have to hide, since all internet pages had at least one Rainbow Dash avatar on it!

• Brohoof 1

• 2 weeks later...

I usually don't have any when I'm at home, since I'll normally have enough privacy to be on whatever I want. If I'm somewhere else, I'll just lower the brightness enough so nobody can see what I'm on.

• 5 months later...