Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Batbrony

Wait, if it loosely has to relate to charity... I may be able to finish last years and add in that element!

Yeah, like I've said, charity just had to be an element in the fic, it does not have to be central to the story.

• Brohoof 2

Just a question, how do I submit my fan fic into the group?

First, assuming you have a Fimfiction account already, join the Poniverse Fimfiction group here if you haven't already.  Then click on the "Stories" box on the main menu, and go to the folder entitled "Hearth's Warming Eve 2.0 Contest Entries" which you can get to by clicking here.  Then click the green "Add Story" tab in the right hand corner and select your story, and you're all set.

• Brohoof 3

A fan fiction contest where I won't be trapsing around on another continent the whole month? Cool.

Just how conected to Christmas/Hearth's-Warming should it be? Would it hurt one's chances any if it was more of a setting than a theme?

• Brohoof 2

I did enjoy last year's contest, and most certainly enjoyed taking part, although I wasn't one of the winners. A Lunar Christmas was probably my only work of writing on FiMFiction that ended well. Most of them either haven't ended, or have ended in death.

Sadly, I don't think I'll be partaking in this year's contest, as I've grown super busy with other things. If I can, expect to see something from me once again.  ;)

Screw it, I'll get on it right now. Prepare for a short sequel to A Lunar Christmas. Let's say it takes place later in the future.

• Brohoof 2

Just how conected to Christmas/Hearth's-Warming should it be? Would it hurt one's chances any if it was more of a setting than a theme?

Oh certainly, if it's more of a setting than a theme that's perfectly fine.

• Brohoof 1

I can't seem to be able to right a sequel... So, I'm just going to right a new story.

As I said before, prepare to see something from me. It might be a little lengthy, but I'll try to keep it under the 25,000 word maximum.

• Brohoof 1

Did you ever find out about this? XP

I still need to ask someone, but I will get on that right away.

Edit: They're dark blue

I can't seem to be able to right a sequel... So, I'm just going to right a new story.

As I said before, prepare to see something from me. It might be a little lengthy, but I'll try to keep it under the 25,000 word maximum.

No worries, and if it's a bit over the 25,000 word maximum, that's OK.

Okay, thank you for finding this out for me! ^^

Yup, no problemo, let me know if you have any other questions!  :twi:

• Brohoof 2

Hey, @Batbrony, I do have a question. My story is a Hearth's Warming Eve story, but it has a rather long flashback in the middle to another different holiday, but after that, it goes right back to Hearth's Warming. Would that be ok?

• Brohoof 2

Hey, @Batbrony, I do have a question. My story is a Hearth's Warming Eve story, but it has a rather long flashback in the middle to another different holiday, but after that, it goes right back to Hearth's Warming. Would that be ok?

Oh yeah, that'd be totally fine, go for it.  :bedeyes:

• Brohoof 2

Contest Update

I'm pleased to announce our three artists who will be doing prize art pieces for the 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place winners.  Just as a reminder, prize art commissions may be 1-2 character full art pieces with a basic background; besides those limitations, they may be whatever the 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place winners desires, whether it be cover art for a fic, or just art of an OC or show character.  With that said, here are our artists.

1st place art prize: Longtime MLP Forums member Bugplayer (deviantART ID: Bugplayer) has generously offered to do the first place prize.  Be sure to check out his awesome art (and amazingly adorable ponies) on deviantART!!!  :adorkable:

2nd place art prize: Another Poniverse staff artist, the talented Melon Blitz (deviantART ID: KE-M72) has also offered his services for our second place prize.  Be sure to check out his sweet art on his deviantART profile!!!  :bedeyes:

3rd place art prize: Finally, yet another Poniverse staff artist, the lovely LiraCrown (deviantART ID: LiraCrown) has offered her services for our third place prize.  Be sure to check out some of her fantastic art on her deviantART profile!!!  :rarity:

That's all I got for this contest update, everypony.  Let's all give a big thank you to all three of these wonderful artists for generously donating their time and talents to our contest!  :muffins:

• Brohoof 6

Alright let's see if I can win this!

I do have a question. Charity in what way? As in the traditional way of giving to the needy or can we be a little more creative. An example being someone giving of themselves to somepony in an emotional help or the such. I'm not quite sure yet if that's even remotely what I'll be going for but it's nice to know how flexible I can be.

Edited by Fictatious
  • Brohoof 2

I do have a question. Charity in what way? As in the traditional way of giving to the needy or can we be a little more creative. An example being someone giving of themselves to somepony in an emotional help or the such. I'm not quite sure yet if that's even remotely what I'll be going for but it's nice to know how flexible I can be.

I'm almost certain that charity of any sort will be fine. I believe anything that falls under acts of kindness will stay true to the theme. But I'm not a judge of this contest sooo.. yup.

• Brohoof 2

Like Lira said, feel free to be flexible with this theme, it doesn't even have to dominate the story, simply be present as some element there.  We do want to give writers the option of putting together a wide variety of works; I think some contests on Fimfiction in the past have been hampered by far too specific contest prompts, and I certainly don't want that here.

• Brohoof 2

I keep hitting a writers block! I guess it's because I'm trying to integrate charity into the story... question, when does this end again?

Entries will be accepted until January 1, 2016; after that date, we will accept no new submissions.

• Brohoof 2

Question, if I have a fic that I feel is relevant, can I post it even if it is older? Also, if I feel there may be skepticism with my choice, can I try to explain my decision?

EDIT: Nevermind, it's too long. :c

Edited by Tails_155