Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Batbrony

Will it be alright if we used some canon ponies within the story along with the suggested OC's? 

Oh absolutely, canon ponies are more than fair game.

• Brohoof 1

i don't know how to submit mine. There's no place to type yours in!

i can't post mine or type it in!

Have you joined the Poniverse Fimfiction group yet?  If you haven't, you have to do that first.  Then you have to click on the contest folder, go there, and the "Add Story" button should be in the top right hand corner.

If you're talking about submitting your story to Fimfiction in general, there should be a FAQ page on Fimfiction explaining how to do that, though it's a fairly simple process, I believe.  Let me know if you have any more trouble.

The first story has been added. It's called "A History of Giving". Please go here and vote it up. Thank you.

I saw that, looking forward to reading it.  Thank you for taking the time again to enter yet another one of our contests!  :kindness:

• Brohoof 1

I do have a question. How long does it usually take for a story to be approved and posted to the site?

Like a day at most, I think, though usually more like an hour or so.

Now I can't find the Add Story button in the top right hand corner! :fluttershy:

Did you join the Poniverse Group and go to the folder specifically?

Like a day at most, I think, though usually more like an hour or so.

Did you join the Poniverse Group and go to the folder specifically?

alright, it's been submitted, so it's all set now.
  • Brohoof 1

alright, it's been submitted, so it's all set now.

Cool beans, and yeah, after I posted that I checked and I remembered that I believe your fic had already been entered into the contest a day or two ago.

• Brohoof 1

Cool beans, and yeah, after I posted that I checked and I remembered that I believe your fic had already been entered into the contest a day or two ago.

i think I did post it a few days ago, yeah.

I see that it was mentioned you guys preferred oneshot fansics over fanfiction formed like chapters. Does that mean anyone who forms does it in chapters have less of a chance than those who do it in oneshots? Because so far it's in chapters, but I could try to create fillers and change it into a oneshot

• Brohoof 1

You guys prefer one-shots, so I'm writing a collection of one-shots pertaining to the idea of charity. So basically, I'm doing what you want while doing what you don't want.

I'm evil like that. 

Never mind, I take that back.

I simply cannot think.

• Brohoof 1

I see that it was mentioned you guys preferred oneshot fansics over fanfiction formed like chapters. Does that mean anyone who forms does it in chapters have less of a chance than those who do it in oneshots? Because so far it's in chapters, but I could try to create fillers and change it into a oneshot

Let me clarify that you can have chapters, and that alone will not lessen your chances of actually winning.  We just need it to fit within the 25,000 word limit is all.  My idea of a one-shot is kind of confusing; I don't think of them as just necessarily single chapter fics, but fics that fall within a limited word count, so yeah, multiple chapters, that's totally fine, go for it.  :twi:

BATSY, it seems to me that we only have a few entries so far in the contest... Well, unless a heap more people have entered since last I was on... We need to find more entries, stat! XD

• Brohoof 1

BATSY, it seems to me that we only have a few entries so far in the contest... Well, unless a heap more people have entered since last I was on... We need to find more entries, stat! XD

I'm working on mine. Rather difficult to write another Christmas story when I haven't really written since August, but I'll do it.

• Brohoof 2

Don't worry, I'm sure we'll get a few more this week before the New Year.  But if you wanna spread the word to others, by all means, go for it!  :rarity:

• 2 weeks later...

Today is the final day to accept submissions correct?

EDIT: It's now 11 pm and I'm not sure what else to do. My story has been submitted but I have to wait for approval before I can add the story.....not sure if it will be approved on time by the deadline. Good luck guys!

Edited by Silver Stream.
  • Brohoof 1

• 2 weeks later...

I was gone for over a month so I also wonder that too...unless the contest was cancelled.

i don't think it was. Batsy did make a message on my story a few days ago concerning the contest, so it should still be on.
  • Brohoof 1