368 users have voted

1. 1. Did you like it

• Hated it
    • Didn't like it
    • Meh. It was OK.
    • I liked it
    • That .... was ....AWESOME! <3

That. Was. EPIC!

Despite the gravity of the situation, they kept the humor in place which made it even better (Rainbow''s disappointment on not getting to watch Twilight and Starlight fight was adorable).

Also, I am so glad that Starlight is being given a chance at redemption. As I predicted, she was not a bad character, just a hurt and misguided character. So glad my suspicions about her have been proven correct.

This episode was almost as hardcore in the fan service as "Slice of Life". And now, it is with a heavy heart that I must await season 6. :(

• Brohoof 2

One thing I've realized, what was Starlight Glimmer going to do after she had stopped the Sonic Rainboom? Wouldn't she had seen those bad futures happening?

I don't think she knew or even believed her. Her whole home and governance collapsed once the Mane Six showed up, so she went to get revenge on all of them, especially Twilight. Her only focus was to stop the Sonic Rainboom to spite Twilight and have them feel the same pain as she did.

• Brohoof 2

I don't think she knew or even believed her. Her whole home and governance collapsed once the Mane Six showed up, so she went to get revenge on all of them, especially Twilight. Her only focus was to stop the Sonic Rainboom to spite Twilight and have them feel the same pain as she did.

Yea but the issue I have is that what was she planning to do next after she had succeeded. Was she there to purely spite Twilight and if so when will she consider it a just reward for what twilight had done to her? Her plan while good didn't had an endgame I feel.

Yea but the issue I have is that what was she planning to do next after she had succeeded. Was she there to purely spite Twilight and if so when will she consider it a just reward for what twilight had done to her? Her plan while good didn't had an endgame I feel.

Revenge dosen't necessarily needs to be something that has something to with alot of logic. Some people have so much hate for one person, that they would do anything to get revenge, even if it would cause the end of the world, without actually knowing about the consequences.

Revenge does make people blind

• Brohoof 2

Revenge dosen't necessarily needs to be something that has something to with alot of logic. Some people have so much hate for one person, that they would do anything to get revenge, even if it would cause the end of the world, without actually knowing about the consequences.

Revenge does make people blind

Aye, but still when will Starlight Glimmer consider it enough? She had beaten her multiple times and until the end where she finally decides to tear the parchment up, she kept at it. Still I can her a plan a rather self destructive one that perhaps she allowed her hate for Twilight to blind her for it so perhaps I'm thinking too logically about it.

• Brohoof 1

That was... Amazing!  :wub:

Wow, all my expectations were blown away! These type of episodes are always so amazing! All the action and story was wonderful, and the different types of Equestria were, while sad, really interesting to see! It was great to see so many different ponies talking and being shown. I really loved that episode!

I now wait for the endless ships of Starlight and Twilight

Aye, but still when will Starlight Glimmer consider it enough? She had beaten her multiple times and until the end where she finally decides to tear the parchment up, she kept at it. Still I can her a plan a rather self destructive one that perhaps she allowed her hate for Twilight to blind her for it so perhaps I'm thinking too logically about it.

Revenge is a pretty self-destructive force. A powerful vendetta can lead you to "set things right" with any collateral damage done in the process -- both long-term and short-tem -- being nothing but an afterthought.

• Brohoof 3

Revenge is a pretty self-destructive force. A powerful vendetta can lead you to "set things right" with any collateral damage done in the process -- both long-term and short-tem -- being nothing but an afterthought.

Perhaps you're right, it probably can be explained with her hate for Twilight blinding her. Especially as she had no idea of what she was causing to Equestria because of her revenge.

I got some real strong Fallout Equestria vibes from this episode especially during Sombras timeline. As someone who is writing an FoE sidestory... this pleases me.

also Twilight and Starlight were teleported to the Equestria Equivalent of the glowing sea at one point.

I want to just say this episode was amazing and a great way to end the season and now I can say this definitively season 5 is my favorite season of My Little Pony Friendship Is Magic.

I was worried when I saw that the writer for this episode was Josh Haber, why, because this man has written some of my least favorite episodes in the series. However, even with my heightened expectations, he blew me away. 

I can't find any fault with this episode 

10/10 

Edited by Zantetsuken
  • Brohoof 1

i love how OP starlight was she was so powerful she had to be persuaded to stop herself. and i would have done the same thing given her circumstances she was/still is a force to be reckoned with.

MAJOR SPOILER ALERT!: I just saw the MLP season 5 finale "The Cutie Remark". It was very good! The finale admittedly has a lot of plot elements that Bronies predicted earlier on,but that does not hurt it, plus it has some really interesting surprises! I liked Twilight's speech at the beginning. I just wish we had heard her say more about the shared cutie marks of the CMC LOL. I thought it was interesting that the spell Starlight used was a StarSwirl spell that connected to the map. I wasn't surprised she went to Rainbow Dash's day of making the first Sonic Rainboom but all of those scenes were adorable. I found it fascinating that Starlight could levite herself well enough to fly. So far we have only seen a magically charged Pumpkin Cake do it in "Baby Cakes" and Twilight do it once for a moment in "Magical Mystery Cure" Starlight seems to be able to maintain this spell for far longer than any other pony. I'm glad that they addressed how Starlight's power is on par with Twilight's magically. My favorite parts of the episode were seeing the different alternate futures. It was really cool to see Nightmare Moon and Crystalis again. We now know that Nightmare Moon probably imprisoned Celestia in the moon in the first episode of the series. We also finally got to see the Royal Guard do battle! The Zecora battle was rather graphic and violent. I like how they included lines for each of the mane 6 while still letting you feel Twilight's utter isolation. The "reforming" of Starlight was really fast for my taste but I loved the flashback and seeing why Starlight felt unequal talents ruined friendships. Foal Starlight is the cutest! I find it interesting that Starlight's friend Sunburst (or whatever his name was) also had a talent with magic and yet Starlight viewed them as complete opposites. I felt like telling Starlight "It's not the cutie mark or talents that make friendships! We are equal in spirit,soul, and humanity(pony kind in their case), but we will never all have the same talents or abilities!" I think the episode speaks to this as a whole. I liked that Starlight went back to her old village and made amends with them. However I like that this episode addresses the fact that not all friendships will or can be mended and that sometimes you need to move on. I don't think this show has ever addressed that before and I'm so glad they did. I wonder how Starlight being Twilight's pupil and friends with the mane 6 will play out in season 6. I'm sad season 5 is over and that we will have to wait for season 6 in 2016 but I will be patient. I'm just so glad season 5 is NOT the end to the series. 

• Brohoof 4

Okay...I am completely speechless...I don't know what to say...my OMG meter completely exploded...

I don't know where to start. 

Stuffing in every disaster up to this point...wow...

And what a great song to end the Season

and...

Starlight redemption!!

• Brohoof 2

Just like in The Hooffields and The McColts, this episode brought back some unpleasant memories. That isn't to say that it's bad since that would be saying pork is bad because I'm allergic. Wouldn't be fair.

Still, I need some time to make up my mind on this one. Everything just seems so scattered and disjointed for some reason and it's probably just my mind playing tricks on me.

They did it!! They redeemed Starlight!! Wow.

Anyways. I just watched the finale and I liked it a lot. Interesting how Starlight was so talented magic-wise that Twilight couldn't force her to stop changing the past. Instead, Twi had to convince her that ruining their friendships would mess up Equestria each time, therefore it was vital that they let RD perform her rainboom.

The plot flowed smoothly in this two-parter, which I thought was great. We got to see Nightmare Moon, Queen Chrysalis, and Sombra again. I think the alternate realities were fascinating to watch, because of how different they were from the real Equestria.

The song at the end fit very well. You can't expect much besides friendship from a show about about friendship, so I suppose it all works out. yay :D

Imagine all the fanfic ideas that could come from this (alternate realities, what Starlight does after this, etc.)

Edited by Varrack
  • Brohoof 3