S05:E25+26 - The Cutie Re-Mark  

368 users have voted

1. 1. Did you like it

• Hated it
    • Didn't like it
    • Meh. It was OK.
    • I liked it
    • That .... was ....AWESOME! <3

9.5/10. Won't top last season's finale though... The ending was okay, but everything leading up to it was pretty awesome. Still really good though.

Edited by rpc8169
  • Brohoof 2

Well, I enjoyed the episode overall. They did impressive things with the animation and gave Starlight some reasons with her motives. Though, like any time travel episode, there were points where it got confusing as fuck. How does only one villain take over in each bad future and not all at once? Maybe there's something I'm missing, but for being confusing, I'll just knock off 2 points and give it a...

8/10

• Brohoof 2

That episode was just too amazing to even talk about. It had a plot suited for a movie, with all out wars, time travel, and Starlight Glimmer was awesome. It was exactly the type of thing I wanted to see and fit well with all my predictions. Overall, 10/10.

Now for my favourite moments:

CU6XC1NXAAAHqFh.png

CU6VqU_WsAAsrt1.png

CU6YKgQWsAELaNP.png

CU6aDJ8WIAA-bfc.png

CU6a-5tWcAArO-i.png

CU6cWKGWsAEaBvw.png

CU6cy5MWsAEKzXN.png

CU6fb9kXIAUlKi-.png

A simply amazing episode. Bring on season 6!

• Brohoof 10

That ending was disappointing. What are they trying to tell her, just get over it? I thought they were going to fix her past so she was never separated from her best friend, and then we'd see how much better the world would be if that friendship hadn't been removed from it.

You know...I can really sympathize with Starlight here. I mean...Yeah, she overreacted. Like...She really overreacted. To the point where I think she should have a cutie mark in overreacting, maybe. But losing friends is scary, really scary. Maybe it's just cause I've never been good at making friends, and because I tend to sort of get left behind a lot, but I don't get how it seems like other people just deal with it so easily. I mean, I wouldn't go full villain over it, but it's made me kind of bitter.

That said, I think that was a record for fastest reformation. Really hope they go into some more detail on that next season. Both because I think it needs it, and because more Starlight already sounds like a very good thing to me.

• Brohoof 5

That ending was disappointing. What are they trying to tell her, just get over it? I thought they were going to fix her past so she was never separated from her best friend, and then we'd see how much better the world would be if that friendship hadn't been removed from it.

There could be a follow up episode sometime down the line where they re unite honestly this whole thing reminds me of how Anakin Skywalker went to the dark side, it just shows how dangerous fear can be if you let it control you. If they "fixed" what happened with Starlight now it would have weakened the message, the message was that there are no guarantees but that shouldn't stop you from  trying.

• Brohoof 3

I'm still in shock but 

I loved this episode and it was something I thought I would never see in MLP 

The time travel was a bit confusing but added the possibility of more fanfiction

Season 6 might bring a Mane 7 and a new alicorn 

Overall 9.5/10  :P

• Brohoof 2

Wow! World War Equestria was epic! Rainbow Dash with a bionic wing! And that magic fight between Starlight and Twilight? Epic! 

Also, Twilight! Why U act like creepy pedo-pony! 

Edited by Dinos4Ever
  • Brohoof 1

I'd like to make a PSA:

Remember everyone's initial knee-jerk reaction to Sunset's reformatuon? Look where she is now in just 3 movies.

I say Starlight could definitely do a lot in one season.

• Brohoof 1

Did no one else notice that poor Celestia was BLASTED TO THE MOON???!!!!!

post-24370-0-41284700-1448731004.jpg

"HOW DO YOU LIKE THAT B!#@%?! Well you'll have PLENTY of time to think about it!!!"

:o  The moon in that timeline was Celestia's mane colors. :(

Edited by Cirrus.
  • Brohoof 6

I think it would have been better if the whole episode was set in one alternate world where all the villains fight each other for world domination. It would have been great to see King Sombra, Queen Chrysalis, Nightmare Moon, Discord and Tirek play off each other.

• Brohoof 4

Umm Where's the DeLorean? 

What I liked:

Twilight: Did show us some of her A game when it came to friendships and problem solving

The Alternative Timeline: Nice to see how much to shit the world would come without the Mane 6.  Chrysalis one was my fav! 

Zecora: We need more resistance leader Zecora Stat! 

The animation: Spectacular as ever! 

What I didn't like:

The Pacing: Especially in part 2, feels like they were rushing everything ,most of all the...

Redemption: One friendship speech and bang you're a good guy. Sunset was blasted by the Element and it took an entire movie for her to make up for her mistakes, Discord had an entire episode dedicated to that and even then the ponies still don't trust him. It was far to fast and way too accepting, nevermind they might make her a Mane 7th.

Starlight's Motivation: She lost one friend and therefore say Cutie Marks as evil. It's not bad on it's own but with the rushed pace it loses a ton of it's weight and comes across as weak, at least to me

What was interesting:

Anyone else notice Sombra didn't speak in his cameo?

Low Energy: I don't know if this is just me but I didn't get as much of an epic feel to this story, not really a bad thing just weird is all.

So not a bad episode just one that has me going meh. But for the love of Celestia, please keep Starlight as a Secondary character like Discord. I do NOT want her as a Mane 7th. 

There could be a follow up episode sometime down the line where they re unite honestly this whole thing reminds me of how Anakin Skywalker went to the dark side, it just shows how dangerous fear can be if you let it control you. If they "fixed" what happened with Starlight now it would have weakened the message, the message was that there are no guarantees but that shouldn't stop you from  trying.

No, the message would be to fight harder not to lose your friendships in the first place.

Though thinking more into it, her high magic skill might mean that she really did devote herself fully to becoming worthy of joining him in Canterlot magic school, and still failed for some reason. Maybe he just turned out to be a jerk, making new friends and not being interested in her by the time she got there? In that case there really is nothing to do but move on with your wounded heart. But they should have shown it directly if that is what happened.

• Brohoof 3

I guess my predictions were right after all..The 2-parter finale is going to end with an Cliffhanger for sure!!

Nope.

A friendship breaking apart is a terrible thing, but you can't just change the past like that. It's also important to show that you can move on and make new friendships.

How does only one villain take over in each bad future and not all at once?

Butterfly effect. Slightest alterations can cause a different chain of events to unfold, meaning a different villain can take over.

• Brohoof 1

I think it would have been better if the whole episode was set in one alternate world where all the villains fight each other for world domination. It would have been great to see King Sombra, Queen Chrysalis, Nightmare Moon, Discord and Tirek play off each other.

That is what I was hoping for too and what I thought this episode was, it was still awesome though but I have a fanfic idea where exactly that happens. They all balance each other out so none of them have complete control and the ponies have their own revolutionary army that is opposing all of them and trying to take back Equestria.

• Brohoof 3

I can't make an unbiased review right now, because i am actually one of the few guys, who is happy that Starlight got redeemed, because she is best pony besides Twilight. :D

• Brohoof 6

You know, I kind of wish one of the timelines would have featured all the villains at once somehow, either fighting or teaming up(most likely fighting). I mean none of them should have been stopped without the Mane 6 so it was a little weird to me that they were cycled through instead of being there all at once... probably would have made this a three-parter though, but still, would've turned things up waaaaay past 11. :squee:

• Brohoof 2

Great episode and the fifth season finale for today! Also the song was revealed today at the ending part and ends the note in D!  :)

Starlight Glimmer change the time in the past, I can't believe that! What she's doing is not right!  :o And, at the ending part Starlight Glimmer has redeemed to make new friends with each other at the mane six and that's how we showed our "True Friendship" for every-pony will believe!  :)

• Brohoof 3