Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

spoiler Which Alternate Future was your favorite?

M'gann M'orzz

PICK AN AU!  

74 users have voted

1. 1. Which Alternate Timeline was your favorite?

• Sombraverse
    • Nightmareverse
    • Chrysalisverse
    • Tirekverse
    • Discordverse
    • THE HELLSCAPE OF FLIM AND FLAM
    • Equestrian Wasteland

The Nightmare Moon Empire future actually didn't seem all that bad. It seemed kinda peaceful, wasn't any war going on like some of the others and it is perma nighttime, which is pretty cool. :3 I like the night. Also Nightmare Moon did not seem too terrible. Kinda maniacal, but she seemed chilled. 

The Tirek one see,ed a bit dodgy. He was kinda destroying everything in existence. XD

My leat favorite of the bunch was the Flim and Flam one. I really don't see them doing something like that.It seemed really cliche. Apparently since they used a machine to make cider, that means they must destroy the environment, I guess.

• Brohoof 1

Best to worst:

Sombra verse: Not only was it the most detailed of the bunch, but with just how many stuff they were able to get away with such as Rainbow Dash's half torn ear, scars, and a prosthetic wing suggesting she lost her wing in battle. Cyberponies are canon. Also it brought so many Gears of War vibes with the desperate struggle Equestria seems to be facing against Sombra's horde.

Nightmare Moon Verse: Not only was this one probably first logical AU verse to occur considering she came first, at least until Discord shows up, but it was rather interesting to see and prove that her reign would be one of an ironclad hand by Nightmare Moon rather than death to Equestria as many had thought. Also, bat ponies and seeing antagonistic versions of Rarity and Rainbow Dash was fun to see.

Chrysalis verse: This is pretty much a verse where pony kind is going to face enslavement under Queen Chrysalis. Easily the more grim dark of the first three and seeing Zecora being badass and such was fun to see. Also, Queen Chrysalis returns, all hail the G rated succubus.

Dead Equestria verse: This is probably the most underrated of the bunch as not only was it a hellish, devoid of life, and ominous landscape, and such aesthetics can only leave a very terrifying impression for what could've caused such an Equestria to occur. You thought the other verses were grimdark? This one is easily the darkest of the bunch and even in the show thus far. Using only minimal designs to show it really hit it home for me and others to appreciate it's frightful beauty. I can see why Starlight Glimmer would start growing concerned for her actions after seeing this.

Flim Flam verse: Rather interesting to see how Ponyville and perhaps more goes under the corporate hooves of the Flim Flam business. Never thought they'd be this wicked.

Discordverse: Another filler, but it was funny seeing Discord torment Celestia and Luna into being his personal jesters in his chaotic utopia. Probably the actual result that will happen considering Discords might.

Tirekverse: Just him wrecking everything. Nothing else to really enjoy it. More like a bad end than an AU verse. Really disappointed they didn't expand on it further.

Edited by Nuke87654
  • Brohoof 3

To be honest, most of the alternate universes just kept getting less and less detailed as the episode went on. They stopped and spent the most time in the sombra universe, less time and focus in the chrysalis one, nightmare moon's was almost a footnote, and after that it was straight to just sight gag territory.

By virtue of this the sombra verse has a distinct edge

Edited by Unlikeable Pony
  • Brohoof 2

All-out war against the Crystal Empire was pretty epic, with all industry geared toward the war effort. Reminiscent of WW2.

Eternal Night™ with Best Princess was also quite excellent, even if Lulu was cranky 24/7.

But my vote definitely goes to Zecora's awesome band of guerrilla fighters resisting the Changeling occupation. That was just... amazing. :okiedokielokie: :angry:

• Brohoof 1

My favorite has to be Sombra.  I think that universe raised the bar for how dark and serious the show can get.  I was pretty blown away.  But the desolate wasteland was amazing as well.  They were all great.

Sombra verse: Not only was it the most detailed of the bunch, but with just how many stuff they were able to get away with such as Rainbow Dash's half torn ear, scars, and a prosthetic wing suggesting she lost her wing in battle.

Holy crap!  I didn't even notice those details!  It raised the bar farther than I thought!  Damn!

Edited by Justin_Case001
  • Brohoof 1

The main ones were all kinda cool, but I'm going with the Discordverse.

Just check your sanity at the door and have a good time!

The one where Sombra took over and Equestria was at war with him and the Crystal Empire was my favorite of the bunch.

It was the most interesting one to me.

Sombra: Crystals!

Soldiers: Crystals!

Sombra: Crystals, crystals!

Soldiers: CRYSTALS!

Sombra: Crystals, crystals, crystals, crystals, CRYSTAUGHLS!

Soldiers: CRRYYYYYYSSSSTTAAAALLLLSSSS!!!

• Brohoof 1

A tie between Sombra and Discord. Sombra for reasons explained elsewhere, and Discord because he's Discord, and he's awesome. He doesn't need some seven minute exposition of his exploits, all he needs is three seconds. Three seconds of chasing the clown-cosplaying princesses around on a unicycle while wearing a kingly outfit with a Discord scepter clutched in his paw.

I suppose I'll go with the Flim Flam Brothers one... But only because it actually showed them being villains, whereas in the episode where they were introduced (I'm throwing aside the second episode, because they were just generic scamsters in that one, and it really doesn't have anything to do with this) it never properly showed how exactly they were in the wrong.

A lot of them were off-color for this franchise, and I didn't really like them with that in mind.

The Discord one was the only one that felt "right"

All of the other ones, particularly Sombra(even though Sombraverse Dash is legit), was really high up on the "OW THE EDGE!" scale, Tirek's wasn't particularly memorable, just him blowing things up, and Flim Flam Bros in particular was a huge WTF moment for me(though it got a chuckle out of me)

But Discord wasn't any of that, it was just him screwing around with the Royal Sisters dressed in clown outfits. It was glorious.

Wasteland Equestria was pretty interesting too calling it everypony lives underground until one finds a giant robot head and drills them back to the surface

I liked the Sombra future the best because I thought it was the creepiest.  I was watching with my eyes wide like "whoa, they're really going there".  The others were more fantastical, but Sombra future was some heavy stuff that happens in the real life.  I mean forcing your citizens to fight in a war?  That is dark.

2nd fave is wasteland because I like to pretend that it was Fallout Equestria.

The Sombra timeline definitely felt the most true to life. It was a glimpse into what would happen if these cute, innocent ponies were forced into an actual war to protect their freedom. Very WWII'ish in feel. It was my favorite by far.

As dark and grim as Sombra was, I'd say the Chrysalis timeline was much more bleak and hopeless. The ponies were at least holding their own against the Chrystal Army but the Changlings had completely wiped out any defenses the ponies had and were systematically hunting them down one by one.         

Sombraverse was literally Fallout Equestria

- Sombra's minions are basically raiders

- Pretty much a wasteland

- Metallic wings, ear torn off

- Edgy hairstyles

- War. War never changes.

Which means that is clearly my favorite, but the changeling one was really cool too.