Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

spoiler Starlight Glimmer and the Elements of Harmony?

windy_prance

Starlight Glimmer has now joined the main cast as Twilight's new student.

...so...does that mean Starlight will eventually create a new element? If so, what would her element be? Will Starlight create the element herself or will the Tree of Harmony grant her that gift?

I wouldn't doubt she'll get an element.

I don't like it and I don't want it, but there's heavy precedent here is the thing that makes it seem highly probable. Sunset shimmer basically was shown to be an EOH at the end of FG and the staff said she'd be "empathy" if she officially has one.

Since they seemed highly determined to add a seventh character who's a twilight clone and possesses another element in to the EQG universe, I don't see why they'd be averse to doing it in the Pony universe since they obviously are playing fast and loose with the EOH at this point.

As such, it seems likely to me: EQG universe added a twilight clone to focus the story around and give a new element, So shall it be in the Pony universe too.

(Do note that i Hate this development as I find twilight clones to have no real relationship to the other 5 in chemistry and exist solely to bounce off twilight, which is a terrible dynamic that serves only to isolate the other 5 and twilight/the new character from each other more and exacerbate the issues developing since S3 of setting the other 5 apart and shattering the group design that was what the show was built upon in S1)

• 7 months later...

Nah, I think 6 is already more than enough. Just because Twilight is friends/tutoring someone, does not make them in the EoH circle. Look at Celestia, plus 'Mane 7' doesn't really have a noice ring to it yeah?

Nah, I think 6 is already more than enough. Just because Twilight is friends/tutoring someone, does not make them in the EoH circle. Look at Celestia, plus 'Mane 7' doesn't really have a noice ring to it yeah?

Its their current term in the Equestria girls franchise.

1195693__safe_twilight+sparkle_rainbow+d

Now, at the SSDC, a question was asked of the Crew "Why doesn't starlight have a throne?" and the answer was "She'll have to earn it". Now, I'm HOPING that's just a Non-committal answer to that specific question to basically say "she's not worthy of being one", but it ALSO could mean that the finale will have her get a throne and become one of the EOH/mane six.

I'm hoping for the best, but pretty pessimistic about the worst.

The Element of Bad Writing.

You have a gang of six gals. Each one of them represents, at least in theory, a certain stereotype, and each one of them has been given certain strengths and shortcomings. All of this allows them to explore different things while getting fleshed out in the process.

Now add another magical girl to the ensemble that does pretty much everything the leader can, but is a bit edgier, has a "tragic past", and a tendency to play a crucial part in important situations. I’m pretty sure guys at fanfic sites would call this a blatant example of self insertion and blam the shit out of it, but since it represents official material, I guess I have no other choice but to mark myself as a Big Bad Hater with unsolicited opinions on Griffonstone.

Of all the interesting arcane professions that could have been explored/added, of all the possible stereotypes that could have enriched the Mane 6 cast, and they have chosen to excrete another Twannabe, because sure we need another powerful unicorn/alicorn that goes pew-pew at those dastardly villains and wah-wah at those insensitive friends. Wasted slot is wasted. Send this vile haberration back to the oblivion!

• Brohoof 2

The elements were something that were used as an establishment of character, we got them in the second episode and it worked in that way. We were introduced to the characters and the elements nearly at the same time. If Starlight would get an element, I think that would feel really out of place. She hasn't had anywhere near enough development to qualify for it at this point. This season hasn't entirely convinced me that she is a even a good character.