Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

spoiler I have a trippy theory about the Season 5 finale

Buck Testa

Think back to Make new friends but keep Discord. Twilight tries to recreate the events of their friends eventful three day weekend, but no matter how hard she tries she could never get the event exactly the way they happened before. Discord brings up something that is absolutely true

She can't recreate it exactly as it was, because she wasn't there. If she's there observing the situation, then its always going to be different regardless of how hard they try to make everything else the same. 

Now think back to the season finale's ending. At the end, it seems like they got everything back the way its supposed to be...right? Her friends are there, the castles there, the rainboom happened, all that fun stuff.

But its not HER Equestria.

She lost her version of Equestria the second Starlight cast her spell. They were not there when Rainbow Dash did the rainboom the first time, and we saw what stopping the rainboom can do to equestria. However even IF the rainboom still happens their presence there alone is enough to alter the flow of time, even if its too small to notice at your typical glance. 

Its as Discord said, it can't be the same, because she wasn't there to observe it, and if she is there now, its inherently different because of that one new element. Its not different enough to change the founding of the new elements of harmony or take down all the bad guys that we've seen, but at the same time its JUST different ENOUGH where its not the reality that Twilight Left.

Who knows, maybe they've had slightly different adventures in this timeline, slightly different exchanges, things happened a second earlier or later; Subtle differences sure, but even the slightest difference could mean its NOT the reality Twilight Starlight and Spike left behind.

I know, there are always repercussions to time travel. Like remember when Twilight tried to go back in time spell in the previous seasons, she ended up simply hurting herself a lot. 

It is rather weird, how they could go back in time, and not create a ripple in the space/time continuum. 

This actually plays well with my story ideas.  Mwuahahahahaha xD TIme to tear Equestria apart. 

-sits back, grabs popcorn- I thought the same thing. I'm gonna enjoy seeing what happens down ghe road, in this new Equestria that wasn't the Equestria that we were given in S1, once all these timetravel and AU timelines and dimensions start trying to merge ("it's about Time", "Too many Pinkie Pie's", "The cutie re-mark", Equestria Girls"....)

oh yes, perhaps there would be a huge rupture in time, and all the villains would return to this timeline, and it would take all of Equestria or even beyond to set things right. xD 

Perhaps... the gryphons, the dragons, the yaks, even the Diamond Dogs would get more involved with all of Equestria thrown into chaos and disarray xD lol 

*Plans for my own story using this information*