Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

spoiler How did all this cause the alternate futures?

Vendi

So I watched the new episode and I was wondering how each of the actions that starlight and twilight did lead to all the dark futures. also how they didn't lead to the other dark futures. and stuff.

So here's a list or whatever.

AU 1

Cause: Starlight puts Rainbow in a body lock, preventing her from winning the race.

Effect: Crystal empire goes to war with equestria. 

AU 2

Cause: Starlight talks down the bullies who then become friends with fluttershy and Twilight has an awkward conversation with rainbow dash.

Effect: Changlings take over Equestria and Zecora leads a resistance against them.

AU 3

Cause: Starlight and Twilight have an epic battle and all the colts and fillies stop to watch.

Effect: Celestia is trapped in the moon and Nightmare Moon has taken over Equestria. 

AU 4

Cause: Starlight knocks Rainbow Dash out of the air.

Effect: Tirek DESTROY!

AU 5

Cause: Rainbow gets trapped in a big Gem.

Effect: Discord chaos land.

AU 6

Cause: Starlight levitates Fluttershy through the obstacle course and the bullies watch.

Effect: Flimmy Flammy.

AU 7

Cause: Starlight blasts Rainbow out of the air.

Effect: Windy Wasteland.

That is the cool thing about altering time. Change one small detail and it can have immense effects. All are obviously connected to the fact the Mane Six had different outcomes once the sonic rainboom never happpened, but imagine if one experience being slightly different led to a stray though that caused Fluttershy or Dash or the other witnesses to make a slightly different decision based on a stray thought that happens in one AU and not another. RD getting encased is a great example as we don't know what happened after that moment. Was she able to be freed at all?

What is really fun is thinking how some villains were defeated while others weren't. I suspect the final wasteland may be a what if of all villains combined. :wau:

I know, it is a bit sketchy at best. 

All Starlight did was prevent the Rainboom from happening, which in turn set forth a chain reaction preventing the Mane 6 from ever getting the Elements of Harmony. 

However, the different AUs are kinda blurry. Considering NMM returns first, but what happens to her then, who defeats her.. why is Chrissy ruling over when NMM should have returned.. shouldn't Sombra be in power by the time Tirek starts his assault... it's very sketchy to say the least

But yeah, I agree with Jeric over there. Maybe the Final wasteland AU are all the villains just going against each other in an epic battle, thus destroying Equestria. xD 

• Brohoof 1

I'm just wondering what SG could've done in the past, to give Equestria a future of Alicorn Moondancer warring with evil Alicorn Sunset Shimmer. That would've been a damn good AU, also touching on what could've happened if SS never went to EqG, after seeing her Alicorn reflection in the mirror, and instead, stayed, performed a spell that made her an alicorn, overthrew Sunbutt, and it all went to hell from there (but Mokndancer being Sunbutt's backup, rather than Twilight)

Man, why didn't you do that, DHX?

Considering the multiple villains they've faced together, Equestria would be completely different without them using their friendship and the EoH to defeat each of them. Obviously Nightmare Moon would be the first villain to return. What would happen after that, nopony really knows.

Would Nightmare's reign extend North to the Crystal Empire and overrule Sombra?

Would she have worked in tandem with Discord?

Would Sunset Shimmer have had a chance to steal Twilight's crown and bring it to the human world?

I thought it was a nice throwback to all the previous villains, though I must say I was saddened that Discord didn't get one of the longer sections (the war was the coolest though!)