Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Do older generations still have fondness for Sesame Street characters?

ManaMinori

Not necessarily still watching the show, but still liking the same characters they might've liked in their younger years, even to a lesser, but still kindled extent? I remember liking Big Bird as a kid, and while I've long since stopped wathing the show, there's still some embers of fondness stashed away at the back of my mind, that I remember every so often, that I still have for the overgrown , adorable lug. I remember his voice being so mellow and calming, and all those fluffy feathers just made him look so huggable, moreso than the furry monsters, like Elmo, Grover, or...Telly, was it?

So does the older generation still have some small fondness for their favorite SS charas?

That brings back fond memories of getting up early on a Saturday mornings and sitting right in front of the telly.

I used to love Sesame Street :kindness: ,it was one of the few kids TV programs I'd watch when growing up.

As I got older though my viewing time slowly decreased, and I found the newer episodes increasingly harder to watch, until, I inevitably stopped watching altogether.  

My love of the Street was rekindled again with the birth of our four children, one of whom was a massive Elmo fan, but for me the spark never shone as bright as it did back in my youth. I couldn't work out whether the show had changed, or if it was me. I think now that it was a bit of both of us.

I really used to like Burt & Erny, but they were massacred by the main stream media for a while an the grounds of moral correctness.

Yes I miss Sesame Street, and I look back at it with a great fondness.

Wipes a sentimental tear from my eye :kindness: 

Edited by Bogrick

That brings back fond memories of getting up early on a Saturday mornings and sitting right in front of the telly.

I used to love Sesame Street :kindness: ,it was one of the few kids TV programs I'd watch when growing up.

As I got older though my viewing time slowly decreased, and I found the newer episodes increasingly harder to watch, until, I inevitably stopped watching altogether.  

My love of the Street was rekindled again with the birth of our four children, one of whom was a massive Elmo fan, but for me the spark never shone as bright as it did back in my youth. I couldn't work out whether the show had changed, or if it was me. I think now that it was a bit of both of us.

I really used to like Burt & Erny, but they were massacred by the main stream media for a while an the grounds of moral correctness.

Yes I miss Sesame Street, and I look back at it with a great fondness.

Wipes a sentimental tear from my eye :kindness: 

yeah, most sparks fade with shows aimed at a younger audience. I wasn't expecting it to be the same passion as you had then.

But you still like Elmo to some small degree?

Of course, I'm a massive softie. Big Bird, Snuffy and Count von Count were my favorites. I sometimes count like the count when I'm in a particularly good mood and there's counting to be done. My mom and I used to rent VHS tapes from the library to watch some of the older episodes. I also still have a fondness for Emily and Alexander from Country Mouse and City Mouse.

Also, as a bit of a secret to the people in this thread... I still have my stuffed animal of Ernie. He was the first stuffed animal I had.

• Brohoof 1

• 4 years later...
Just now, EpicEnergy said:

I don't like Sesame Street characters anymore. I used to when I was a very young child, but now I don't.

I am about the same. I appreciate how they had tried to teach about disabilities and such,but I think they may have gone about it wrong. As for older characters well.. I grew up watching the near original series. Before it went PC.

• Brohoof 1