Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Too much Twilight?

碇 シンジン

I gathered some info and Im seeing that Twilight is kinda hogging the spotlight from other mane 6 ponies I mean Always Twilight saves the day in season finale why there cant be  episode where the other members of the mane 6 would need to save her ?

and Twilight has been in center of every season and most episodes of them beating out the other ponies

Anyway

Lines

Overall

post-28950-0-26763800-1448897671_thumb.png

Equestria Girls

post-28950-0-29431700-1448897672_thumb.png

Season 1

post-28950-0-99123300-1448897672_thumb.png

Season 2

post-28950-0-72202400-1448897673_thumb.png

Season 3

post-28950-0-45911700-1448897674_thumb.png

Season 4

post-28950-0-34827900-1448897675_thumb.png

Season 5

post-28950-0-31425100-1448897676_thumb.png

Sentences

Overall

post-28950-0-16624700-1448897677_thumb.png

Equestria Girls

post-28950-0-68880400-1448897688_thumb.png

Season 1

post-28950-0-40024100-1448897689_thumb.png

Season 2

post-28950-0-24651600-1448897690_thumb.png

Season 3

post-28950-0-02098600-1448897691_thumb.png

Season 4

post-28950-0-97378800-1448897691_thumb.png

Season 5

post-28950-0-79125100-1448897693_thumb.png

Words

Overall

post-28950-0-46778100-1448897694_thumb.png

Equestria Girls

post-28950-0-36973000-1448897695_thumb.png

Season 1

post-28950-0-35663700-1448897710_thumb.png

Season 2

post-28950-0-63397200-1448897711_thumb.png

Season 3

post-28950-0-88224500-1448897712_thumb.png

Season 4

post-28950-0-11166800-1448897714_thumb.png

Season 5

post-28950-0-88866500-1448897714_thumb.png

Letters

Overall

post-28950-0-65214300-1448897650_thumb.png

Equestria Girls

post-28950-0-36276500-1448897651_thumb.png

Season 1

post-28950-0-45348500-1448897652_thumb.png

Season 2

post-28950-0-37663700-1448897653_thumb.png

Season 3

post-28950-0-13163200-1448897654_thumb.png

Season 4

post-28950-0-32088800-1448897655_thumb.png

Season 5

post-28950-0-12725500-1448897656_thumb.png

post-28950-0-28984200-1448897649_thumb.png

• Brohoof 10

While I sympathize that there may be such a thing as too little of the other ponies, I submit that there is no such thing as too much of any of them, including Twilight.

• Brohoof 4

Well, i guess Twilight Sparkle is the main character, from the episodes i saw so far, its mostly Twilight who still has to learn a lot about Friendship. Thats what the series focus is mostly.

But i would find it better, if the Series makes it a little bit more like Teen Titans maybe.

From what i heard, every Season of Teen Titans focuses on one character. So every Character has the same number of Episodes. At least thats what i read about Teen Titans. Maybe im wrong, i dont know, never watched it.  :lol:

• Brohoof 3

Well I kind of find the season finales or two-part-episodes as a refresher on the fact that she is still a pony who needs to have her work to do. While I agree that there is such thing is too less of appearances, and the same for too many. However, too many means that she would be the main character in EVERY episode. But when it comes to longer episodes, the point of view is mainly Twilight's since that's just her role as the main character :please: and 2-part episodes take quite a long time thus Twilight takes a bigger part, more sentences, etc. As for the EG movies, we are actually seeing less and less of the pony Twilight and are just getting warmed up to Sci Twi :P

• Brohoof 3

Twilight is the main character (or pony) of the show. As much as I really do support character development I would say that the main character should have most of the spotlight.

Edited by Zach
  • Brohoof 4

Well I kind of find the season finales or two-part-episodes as a refresher on the fact that she is still a pony who needs to have her work to do. While I agree that there is such thing is too less of appearances, and the same for too many. However, too many means that she would be the main character in EVERY episode. But when it comes to longer episodes, the point of view is mainly Twilight's since that's just her role as the main character :please: and 2-part episodes take quite a long time thus Twilight takes a bigger part, more sentences, etc. As for the EG movies, we are actually seeing less and less of the pony Twilight and are just getting warmed up to Sci Twi :P

Yes i like where the Equestria girls are goin =))=)=)=) less twilight more sunset =)=)=) i hoped  they could let the other ponies shine  like sunset in Frinedship games I hope Starlight glimmer  will have same kind of role in the  pony worrld like sunset in Equestria girls =) 

or it would be good if some two parters actually focused on other ponies than twilight lrt them shine and show that they are good ponies too and not just being there with twilight doing everything

Twilight is the main character (or pony) of the show. As much as I really do support character development I would say that the main character should have most of the spotlight.

Twilight ist as much of a main character anymore like she was in first season I really hope they would expand and focus on the mane 6 as whole and not just twilight the other ponies suffer from that kind of treatment

While I sympathize that there may be such a thing as too little of the other ponies, I submit that there is no such thing as too much of any of them, including Twilight.

im not happy seeing too little of rarity in season 3 for example why doesnt that happen to twilight it makes my feeling not happy

• Brohoof 4

Yes i like where the Equestria girls are goin =))=)=)=) less twilight more sunset =)=)=) i hoped  they could let the other ponies shine  like sunset in Frinedship games I hope Starlight glimmer  will have same kind of role in the  pony worrld like sunset in Equestria girls =) 

or it would be good if some two parters actually focused on other ponies than twilight lrt them shine and show that they are good ponies too and not just being there with twilight doing everything

Twilight ist as much of a main character anymore like she was in first season I really hope they would expand and focus on the mane 6 as whole and not just twilight the other ponies suffer from that kind of treatment

im not happy seeing too little of rarity in season 3 for example why doesnt that happen to twilight it makes my feeling not happy

If you think about it, we had 3-5 episodes JUST on Rarity and a few other ponies. Besides the first two and the last two episodes of season 5, we honestly never seen much Twilight.

• Brohoof 3

If you think about it, we had 3-5 episodes JUST on Rarity and a few other ponies. Besides the first two and the last two episodes of season 5, we honestly never seen much Twilight.

Even without counting the fist and last two episodes in season 5 twilight would still have the most lines and words and other stuff

actually season 4  would be the only seasons where Rarity would have more and season 3 applejack more but other seasons Twilight Still Leads every pony

if you count the two parters out

Edited by ooBrony
  • Brohoof 1

I don't have a problem with Twilight having the most screentime and all, I mean, as many said, she's basically the main character.

My only real problem is when it comes to finales/openers, and that more has to do with the remane 5 getting sidelined completely than Twilight getting the spotlight. I mean, the recent one, they were absent until the very end(unless you count their past selves/alt.future selves) and honestly it hurt the S5 finale more than any others

Edited by Thrillho
  • Brohoof 7

I accepted a long time ago, that she is essentially the main character and i realized that very early. If you don't like that she is the main character, you are going to have a very bad time with this show.

• Brohoof 5

I wouldn't mind if there was even more Twilight because she's my favorite pony. But I think it would be cool to see more of the other mane 6 though. Also, more episodes when she isn't the hero of the day would be nice as well (such as the one in which Spike saves the Crystal Empire), I like that kind of twists in shows :)

• Brohoof 4

Twilight Sparkle undeniably has main character precedence, and I would credit her coronation as the point where the show began to really change its tone. Sometimes, her precedence is taken to the point that the integrity of the plot and the way that the show communicates its core "friendship" message are compromised by its need to focus on the main character(s). If she simply had more lines and more focus episodes than the other characters, and also appeared more often, it wouldn't be much of a problem. However, there are times like "Twilight's Kingdom" and "The Crystal Empire" where the potential to involve other characters in the core conflict is passed up to make Twilight the lone hero and her friends mere accessories.

Part of the praise for "The Cutie Map" comes from actually using the actions of Fluttershy and the new characters to move the plot along instead of those of Twilight alone affecting everyone else's fate, like was done in "The Crystal Empire", "Twilight's Kingdom", and arguably "The Cutie Re-Mark".

A "Lesson Zero" here and a "What About Discord?" there isn't much of a problem, though. She deserves her focus episodes, too.

Edited by BigEasternSyndicate
  • Brohoof 4

No such thing as "too much Twilight" :P Joking aside, I always thought she was the protagonist of the show, as in, the protagonist of protagonists, so it makes sense that she'd be in most episodes. That being said, I think there's enough variety to go around, though I'd love some more Rarity and Applejack episodes. :)

• Brohoof 3

YES!!!!

I wanna see Spikevsave the day again, without help. His moment in the crystal empire was kind of overshadowed by Twilight being the one to FIND the heart, and Cadance and Shining using it to blow back Sombra. All Spike really did was deliver the artifact

Poor guy needs a REAL win

Twilight Sparkle undeniably has main character precedence, and I would credit her coronation as the point where the show began to really change its tone. Sometimes, her precedence is taken to the point that the integrity of the plot and the way that the show communicates its core "friendship" message are compromised by its need to focus on the main character(s). If she simply had more lines and more focus episodes than the other characters, and also appeared more often, it wouldn't be much of a problem. However, there are times like "Twilight's Kingdom" and "The Crystal Empire" where the potential to involve other characters in the core conflict is passed up to make Twilight the lone hero and her friends mere accessories.

Part the praise for "The Cutie Map" comes from actually using the actions of Fluttershy and the new characters to move the plot along instead of those of Twilight alone affecting everyone else's fate, like was done in "The Crystal Empire", "Twilight's Kingdom", and arguably "The Cutie Re-Mark".

A "Lesson Zero" here and a "What About Discord?" there isn't much of a problem, though. She deserves her focus episodes, too.

make her frends mere accessories, you say?

*looks at the elements of harmony* 5 necklaces , essentially accessories, and 1 tiara....guess we should've seen that one coming....

• Brohoof 3

First, I am surprised that everyone call AJ best backgroundpony although she has more episodes than Twilight. o.O

But the thing is, that Twilight is the main character of all mane 6. She was the pony who had to learn what friendship is and so she is the best for telling others how important friendship is. And on the other side, her major roles are usually in the opener and final episodes (except for S1 final, where every mane 6 had an role, and the S5 opener, where the most work came from Fluttershy). In the other episodes, she has more an minor part except for some episodes like Amending Fences. But the fact is, that she is the main character of all and that's why she has so many appearances.

• Brohoof 3

Damnit, on break at work so no time to truly answer this.

BUT FREAKING YES. SHE IS HOGGING THE SPOTLIGHT. I mean that finale, while enjoyable, was pretty much a twilight solo episode, no mane six allowed. I'll post a better statement later when i'm off work but... yeah.

• Brohoof 4

First, I am surprised that everyone call AJ best backgroundpony although she has more episodes than Twilight. o.O

Isn't that kind of amazing?

I think the problem with this discussion is, that too many people just look at the finales and premiere too much and automatically say that There is too much Twilight, while ignoring that the other characters also have there adventures all throughout the entire series.

If you wanna see Twi hugging the spotlight, watch Season 1, where she is shoved in every episode, because of the friendship report.

• Brohoof 5

I honestly haven't really cared about how much we see the other Mane Six. I'm also positive that I've read on several websites that AJ has been in more episodes than Twilight has, so if there's anypony that needs to get out of the spotlight, it's her.

• Brohoof 2

I actually feel like there's way too little Twilight outside the two-parters. And honestly, Twilight IS the MAIN main character, it has mostly been about her learning about friendship, becoming the princess of friendship, etc. Sure, she needs her friends and the experiences they've given her, but she's the connecting piece. 

• Brohoof 3

While more involvement by the other five in the two parters would be good, Twilight is the main character of the show, even referred to as that by Lauren. I don't think they ever considered not having her appear in every episode as of LZ as something worth taking away her main character status.

every Season of Teen Titans focuses on one character. So every Character has the same number of Episodes. At least thats what i read about Teen Titans.

While I can't count the number of episodes focused on specific characters, for seasons it wasn't even despite there being 5 just like there are 5 Titans. Beast Boy got two seasons while Starfire never got a season arc.

• Brohoof 3