Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Too much Twilight?

碇 シンジン

**Twilight is the main protagonist, it makes sense that a lot of the focus is on her development/victories when it comes to major episodes. Had it not been for her, you wouldn't even know over half the ponies on the show. I think this is more about people not seeing their best pony get the best spotlight.

The biggest issue is that when you consider how much importance is placed on the premiere and finale episodes, it ultimately trivializes the mane five's overall importance to the show when they are sidelined in them. Quite frankly, it's an annoying trend. It doesn't prove Twilight's status as the show's central character any further than it's already been proven, it simply weakens the perception of the mane five's status as main characters. 

You can just tell how effective it is when you see people stating that The Cutie Re-Mark would've been an ideal place to end the show. I mean, shouldn't the final episode of the show include all the mane six and give them each a significant amount of focus, rather than focusing only on Twilight? I mean, just think where The Cutie Re-Mark would have left the mane five had it been the series finale. Hell, just look no further than Rarity. One of her final scenes in the show would have had her being a racist bitch towards Spike. Is that honestly how it should be? 

Oh, and this isn't even to mention the first two Equestria Girls films, which also serve to sideline the mane five. I've long since been under the belief that these films should have included all of them right from the start, or none of them. Fortunately, however, Friendship Games seems like a pretty good indication that they won't include the pony Twilight anymore, so it's probably not really an issue anymore. 

There's just no reason for this anymore, not at this point in the show. No one denies Twilight's status as the central character, but the more this kind of thing happens, the more I'm going to find myself asking whether or not the mane five are main characters anymore. 

• Brohoof 1

The biggest issue is that when you consider how much importance is placed on the premiere and finale episodes, it ultimately trivializes the mane five's overall importance to the show when they are sidelined in them. Quite frankly, it's an annoying trend. It doesn't prove Twilight's status as the show's central character any further than it's already been proven, it simply weakens the perception of the mane five's status as main characters. 

You can just tell how effective it is when you see people stating that The Cutie Re-Mark would've been an ideal place to end the show. I mean, shouldn't the final episode of the show include all the mane six and give them each a significant amount of focus, rather than focusing only on Twilight? I mean, just think where The Cutie Re-Mark would have left the mane five had it been the series finale. Hell, just look no further than Rarity. One of her final scenes in the show would have had her being a racist bitch towards Spike. Is that honestly how it should be? 

Oh, and this isn't even to mention the first two Equestria Girls films, which also serve to sideline the mane five. I've long since been under the belief that these films should have included all of them right from the start, or none of them. Fortunately, however, Friendship Games seems like a pretty good indication that they won't include the pony Twilight anymore, so it's probably not really an issue anymore. 

There's just no reason for this anymore, not at this point in the show. No one denies Twilight's status as the central character, but the more this kind of thing happens, the more I'm going to find myself asking whether or not the mane five are main characters anymore. 

The Season 5 finale, and Season 3 finale are perhaps the only two big things you can say was solely Twilight's spotlight. Not even "Twilight's Kingdom" does she accomplish anything on her own. She does indeed have a great fighting scenes, but ultimately, it took all of them to defeat Tirek. It took all of them to defeat Nightmare Moon, it took Cadence and Shining Armor to defeat Chrysalis....hell....the freaking lesson in "The Crystal Empire" for Twilight was that she can't always do things herself so it took SPIKE to save the day. 

I don't really see the huge issue with there being too much Twilight when 75% of the show covers the other mane characters, The CM could even be considered main characters based off their screentime and the importance of their journey to get their cutie marks. 

If you're going to throw EG in this as well....then okay lets talk about EG: First movie, Twilight is a naive furry and Sunset is a bland bully who sucked as a villain. We are literally re introuced to all of the mane 5.

RainbowRocks: Twilight is literally USELESS throughout the whole movie, Sunset is an adorable pity party, and The Dazzlings are gods of the movie. The mane 5 is shown a lot within this movie arguing.

Friendship Games: Mostly focused on Sunset and yet again...another confused Twilight. and rivalry between the Mane 5 and Shaowbolt 6. 

Even with Twilight being sort of....the focus....it's degrading her as a character regardless because of how she was executed in the EG movies.

90% of Twilight's accomplishments in the show is BECAUSE of the Mane 5. They literally make up the show...not just Twilight. Anyone who thinks otherwise most likely doesn't take them seriously nor do they give them the well deserved credit. That isn't the show's fault or Twilight's..... it's the mindset of the fan imo

• Brohoof 1

To be honest I think the third EQG movie made things worse if anything, since the plots focus was purely about Sunset and human twilight, and the others and the sports events amounted to a shaggy dog story at best, with their role to be Power batteries.

• Brohoof 1