Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

What job/career would you have in Equestria?

Azureth

Depends. If I could do whatever I wanted and was guaranteed success, I'd be a techno pop singer. If it's tragically, abysmally like Earth Prime in this regard, I'd be a security guard or personal banker (without the telemarketing PLEETHE. :scoots: )

Edited by Trinitron Keys

Well if I'm my OC L1ghtn1ng Flash who is actualy me in pony form, then my skills would be perfect for wether control( I'm a Changling that feeds on lightning not love, so thunderheads wouldn't do Shite) plus Rainbow dash would have to hire me, I'm the only other pony that can keep up with her.

I think I would do anything that I, a human could help others with. Like being on a farm doing labor or constructing buildings. Or maybe learn how to be a doctor and operate on ponies and save lives. Just whatever I can do to help I guess.

As much as I'd love to do research on magic, I would need buckets of Equestrian schooling in order to do that. Assuming I would need a job right away, I'd have to consider one that would match my current skill set. I believe I'd become a counselor because I have a propensity for offering social and emotional support and guidance.

I would have said "artist", but as much as I love to draw, I still consider it a hobby rather than a career path. I tend to get burnt out if I do it excessively, so I don't know how steady work would be.

Edited by Quartzy

Well, programming wont fly... Maybe I'd return to journalism and become an ace sleuth reporter with Pinkie Pie-like reality bending powers. Hopefully the industry would be a little less corrupt in Equestria.

Edited by Celtore

• 4 years later...
On 11/30/2015 at 9:56 AM, Azureth said:

(assuming as a Human you wouldn't get a CM)

We'll be humans there? Wouldn't we be mistaken for dragons then since they;re our closest physical equvilent? I'll just chill in a cave or some place and do general work. No ral job becasue that aint how we dragons do.

On 1/23/2016 at 3:31 PM, cybershocker455 said:

I'd be a psychologist, lots of ponies need my expertise.

Hell, the episode with Luna dealing with her past as Nightmare Moon essentially had her committing self-harm.

On 1/24/2016 at 1:20 AM, Celtore said:

Well, programming wont fly... 

Maybe not with whatever language you're used to, but we've seen arcade machines which kind of suggest at least a 1970's-1980's level of computing.

Personally, I'd find ways to use my engineering background to help advance Equestria's technology. We've also seen examples of combining magic and technology (such as Tank's popeller backpack) - if I could work alongside one or more unicorns, it would be fun to see what else I could do there.

I've also thought about getting into prosthetics in real life - maybe I could track down whoever made Kerfuffle's leg and see if they could use a pair of opposable thumbs.

Some kind of engineer maybe. Or a train driver, because I definitely prefer working with machines.

Or, I could use my knowledge of human technology to "invent" a bunch of things and maybe push Equestria into the industrial revolution. I may not know stuff very fine detail, but it would be a much better starting position than the others. For example, I know, in general, how a vacuum tube works, even though I would not be able to build a working model with my first (or 10th) attempt, I would not need to stumble upon the Edison effect etc.

• Brohoof 1