Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

making christmas merrier Season 6 Storyboard Artist, Ward Jenkins, Makes Christmas Merrier on Poniverse!

Simon

sig-4244077.AiiCqf8.png

In conjunction with our annual Making Christmas Merrier charity drive for BC Children’s Hospital, Poniverse will be hosting a Q&A session with season 6 storyboard artist, Ward Jenkins!

Ward Jenkins is an illustrator, having worked on several children’s books in the past such as the Good Crooks series, New York, Baby and much more. More recently, he’s begun working with DHX as a storyboard artist for season 6 of My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic!  This will be the fandom’s first chance to get to know Ward Jenkins, so there’s never been a better time to stop by MLP Forums!

Our Q&A with Ward Jenkins on MLP Forums is part of Poniverse’s Making Christmas Merrier charity drive. Each December, Poniverse raises money to purchase gifts for the children at the BC Children’s Hospital. Making Christmas Merrier is filled with crazy antics like staff-songs, giveaways, fanfic readings, and more, all to raise awareness for this noble cause!

Join us on MLP Forums December 6th at 2 PM Eastern time so you can be part of our Q&A with Ward Jenkins!

BC Children’s Hospital is a non-profit organisation and serves one million children living in BC, Canada. If you would like to participate in our fundraiser and help raise funds for BC Children’s Hospital, you can donate directly to the BC Children’s Hospital in support of Making Christmas Merrier here. For Paypal donations, you can donate via this page. Let us unite and chip in for a worthy cause! Remember that every cent goes a long way in helping to brighten up the children’s lives.

• Brohoof 23

Hey, ya hear that?

medium.gif

Mmmmmmmmmm, that's some gooooooood hype train!  :bedeyes: Choo, choo, motherbucker!!!  B)

img-3494995-1-no_brakes_by_galapagois-d6

• Brohoof 9

Do you smell that? Seriously, do you smell that?

It's the smell of hype and anxiousness. :)

Looking forward to this Q&A. ;)

• Brohoof 6

Screw Bob Ross, I'm ready for some Jekins!!

Remember, there are no mistakes. Just happy little Fluttershys. :P

• Brohoof 6

(edited)

Somehow I knew that the Leroy Jenkins reference would somehow show up! Haha

By the way, very much looking forward to this event! :) 

Edited by wardomatic
  • Brohoof 7

Quite excited at the idea of being able to pick his brain about a few things related to industry in general. Not many opportunities to talk to storyboard artists in a venue like this.

My excitement levels call for an obligatory Rarity emote!

:D

• Brohoof 8

Holy celestia I have heard of this guy actually!!!! Must be all the kids books I have in my brother's room

Really, that's great! Which books? 

Quite excited at the idea of being able to pick his brain about a few things related to industry in general. Not many opportunities to talk to storyboard artists in a venue like this.

My excitement levels call for an obligatory Rarity emote!

:D

This is one of the main reasons I wanted to do this Q&A - I don't see too many artists from the show taking questions, so I thought I'd say hi and answer questions from fans. Especially those who might want to go into the animation industry. :)

• Brohoof 1

Will he answer any questions about Season 6?

He is not allowed to talk about Season 6.

• Brohoof 2

He isn't? Does it say so in his contract that he can't talk about the show?

Pretty much. It's spoilers after all and if he talks about somekind of big reveal, he can get fired.

Will he answer any questions about Season 6?
For the most part no. Because of their contracts, staff of the MLP Cartoon are unable to answer questions about anything they worked on specifically and cannot give any information about upcoming episodes / seasons of My Little Pony. They're also not able to talk about any unaired plots. He will be able to talk about his general process for working as a storyboarder, talk about personal  opinions about the show, characters, and fandom, and answer other questions that don't provide spoilers for upcoming episodes.
  • Brohoof 2

For the most part no. Because of their contracts, staff of the MLP Cartoon are unable to answer questions about anything they worked on specifically and cannot give any information about upcoming episodes / seasons of My Little Pony. They're also not able to talk about any unaired plots. He will be able to talk about his general process for working as a storyboarder, talk about personal  opinions about the show, characters, and fandom, and answer other questions that don't provide spoilers for upcoming episodes.

Can he say when Season 6 will come out?

Can he say when Season 6 will come out?
Unfortunately, no. While Ward is more than happy to provide insight into the process and industry in general, he's not going to be able to provide any unknown information about the upcoming season. We'll all just have to wait for an announcement with the release date. :D
  • Brohoof 1

Unfortunately, no. While Ward is more than happy to provide insight into the process and industry in general, he's not going to be able to provide any unknown information about the upcoming season. We'll all just have to wait for an announcement with the release date. :D

He pretty much can't talk about Season 6 AT ALL?

He pretty much can't talk about Season 6 AT ALL?

No, he's not allowed to say anything. Nothing at all!

Hyped about this! I couldn't wait to ask about how hard animating is!

With me being an beginner artist and all  :grin2:

• Brohoof 1