Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Which pony would cause the biggest uproar if she got a boyfriend in the show?

cider float

Rarity. DEFINITELY rarity. Specifically, spike being her dogged admirer and being in love with her is a huge part of his character, and lots of people really ship those two hard, so Rarity getting a canon love interest besides him would really, REALLY piss off alot of fans.

I'm going to have to say it would be Rainbow Dash. 

If it were soarin, I'd be 100 Okay with it XD

but a brand new pony might rub me the wrong way depending on his personality.

Edited by Unlikeable Pony
  • Brohoof 2

Rainbowash and/or Applejack because RD is seen as a lesbian or "tomboy least likely to get a guy" and Applejack is depicted as an independent lady who doesn't need colt in her life.

But if I'm to be honest, there isn't just one answer for me. There will be an uproar for all of them and it's hard to imagine one uproar being bigger than the other. Regardless, "someone's waifu" will be stolen xD

• Brohoof 2

Rarity. Because if her significant other was anyone other than Spike all Tartarus would break loose from the Sparity shippers, which are by far the majority.

• Brohoof 1

Rainbow Dash because she's shipped with everyone, so everyone will fight that their ship would've been the better choice

• Brohoof 1

I'm making the assumption we're talking about a new character as the boyfriend and not a pre-existing ship.

Fluttershy. From all the rabid Fluttercord shippers AND the guys that claim she's their waifu.

If not her... Then possibly Rainbow Dash. Actually now that I think about it, I'd put them pretty even with each other.

I'm surprised at the number of people saying Rarity. She's been the one with the most active crushes and focus on romance.

You'd think people would expect it.

Edited by ShadOBabe
  • Brohoof 3

I think people are thinking abit small.

If princess Celestia got in a relationship then it could change the whole hierarchy of Equestria and I imagine the fans going mad out of sheer shock and unexpected hatred. (just like when twi got her wings)

But if you mean out of the mane 6 then it will be Fluttershy in my opinion as no matter who she goes with the fans will never think they can be good enough for her.

• Brohoof 2

Probably Rainbow Dash because many people can't picture her being with any boy.

I honestly think Rarity would be the least big deal from a character perspective, because she seems to be the only pony on the show that has showed any interest at all in guys (ex. Prince Blueblood).

Fluttershy for sure. Her fans are rabid! Even IM afraid of Fluttershy fanboys...

*huddles in corner with Twilight plushies*

It would cause a huge uproar for sure. I never want to see that day.
(Unless she gets with Discord. I'm all for that. OTP!)

Edited by Snake
  • Brohoof 2

Fluttershy, it would depend on who she was paired with, and how it happened.  It could break a few brony hearts, but if it made Shy happy there would not be an uproar.

Rarity is the one who grabbed the bouquet -- she should be next regardless.

Rainbow Dash would take a few by surprise, but I don't think the fans would be upset if she hitched up with say Soarin.

The only one Twilight has had interest in that way is Flash Sentry and that would cause a HUGE uproar.

Pinkie Pie would get a "huh?" from people.  I mean she loves foals and I could see her wanting a foal of her own, but I think she is too young still and SHE thinks she is too young still.  Any relationship she got into would be cray-cray most likely as well -- like with the new griffon king if there is one.

Applejack would surprisingly cause a lot of uproar.  There isn't anyone she has been interested in "that way" and it would detract from the running of the farm.  Big Macintosh is the impresario in that family.

----

So really, AJ, Twi, Pinkie are the ones that would cause uproars and Fluttershy, Dash, Rarity are the ones that would not.

None of them should get boyfriends, especially the characters with traits that would make a relationship pointless like AJ or RD.

Seriously, Hasbro don't do it, or I'm buying shares of Mattel stock.

do it hasbro!! make him mad!! lel

• Brohoof 1