Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Which pony would cause the biggest uproar if she got a boyfriend in the show?

cider float

Twilight Sparkle obviously.

Seriously the fanbase went nuts when Flash Sentry got a non speaking cameo in Three's A Crowd and his speaking cameo in Twilight's Kingdom.

If he actually appeared in the show as some sort of recurring role at least this fanbase would go absolutely rabid.

• Brohoof 2

I would love to see Discord with one of the  mane 6 or even with Celestia, even though it might not be the best idea. :c

I think it would be stupid if any of the main characters gets a boyfriend and then the show will continue like that. But for all of them to get a boyfriend in the last season before the big finale (whenever that is), i think that's a good idea.

Edited by Ken

Who says it has to be a boyfriend?

Let's just put Fluttershy and Rarity as marefriends and hope nothing happens.  :fluttershy:

I think by far if AJ or Rarity got a coltfriend there'd be some anger, though people can uproar all they want, canon is canon.

Probably AJ. I think it would just be sooooooooo weird for her to have a coltfriend, because she wouldn't be the same independant, hard-working farm pony. 

I'd expect AJ to be the first to get married and raise a family though since that's whats she about.

Rainbow Dash because she has most of the popular ships (TwiDash, AppleDash, FlutterDash, whatever Pinkie x Rainbow is called). The fandom's also pretty fixated on her being a lesbian so that would stir up some people if she got a boyfriend (probably vice versa too). Ship wars would begin, people would threaten to leave the fandom, the usual.

Though personally, Applejack would annoy me the most. She's super independent, and there have never been any chances for her to get a love interest, and let's keep it like that!

I'd rather just have fun with my shipping goggles than for things to be canon.

Rainbow Dash because she has most of the popular ships (TwiDash, AppleDash, FlutterDash, whatever Pinkie x Rainbow is called). The fandom's also pretty fixated on her being a lesbian so that would stir up some people if she got a boyfriend (probably vice versa too). Ship wars would begin, people would threaten to leave the fandom, the usual.

Though personally, Applejack would annoy me the most. She's super independent, and there have never been any chances for her to get a love interest, and let's keep it like that!

I'd rather just have fun with my shipping goggles than for things to be canon.

Independent? Applejack is incredibly family-based, I think she would be the one to cause the least uproar if she got a special somepony. 

Twilight would probably cause the most uproar, followed by Rainbow Dash. I don't personally think the uproar would be that big if Fluttershy got a special somepony, as long as that pony isn't abusive or something. 

Edited by Arrowstormen

Independent? Applejack is incredibly family-based, I think she would be the one to cause the least uproar if she got a special somepony. 

She's extremely stubborn and has yet to show an interest in anypony, it would be a weird change to give her a boyfriend. Her farm and family also take up a lot of her time. Buuut... I didn't say that it would cause an outrage, I think the opposite actually, it's just a personal opinion.  ;)

She's extremely stubborn and has yet to show an interest in anypony, it would be a weird change to give her a boyfriend. Her farm and family also take up a lot of her time. Buuut... I didn't say that it would cause an outrage, I think the opposite actually, it's just a personal opinion.  ;)

Well, Rarity is the only one who has ever shown any interest in anypony in the show, so AJ's not exactly unique when it comes to the first point. And somebody needs to further the apple heritage! :P

Twilight Sparkle. Or did we all forget the uproar of Equestria Girls and Flash Sentry? :lol:

that don't count. Because it's seperate from the show. And to answer the question. I dunno and I don't care.

• 5 weeks later...

Rainbow Dash. Hooves down.

I guess those bronies who firmly believe she's lesbian are a majority. Lauren Faust herself said that Rainbow Dash is not lesbian, but nopony cared.

Now if it were DHX who made Rainbow Dash loving a colt an undeniable, canonical fact and shoved it into the faces of the bronies via the show, that would cause an uproar. Maybe a bit less if it's Soarin', just about the only colt that Dash has ever been shipped with, but still.

Immediately followed by Twilight Sparkle if she ended up with Brad Flash Sentry out of all colts. Who unfortunately is the most likely candidate. (Heh, a marriage between them would make Shining Armor and Flash Sentry in-laws...)

Who says it has to be a boyfriend?

The thread title does.

Well, Rarity is the only one who has ever shown any interest in anypony in the show

I'm sorry I have to do this, but you leave me no choice.

TRENDERHOOF

Seriously? NO ONE thinks that it would be insane if PINKIE got a boyfriend? That would be that most ludicrous thing this show could come out with. And don't mention Cheese Sandwhich, that wouldn't work. Also, why is everyone bashing RD? She makes the most sense to have a boyfriend, along with Rarity. The other ponies that would be crazy would be Fluttershy (that doesn't make any sense) and Twilight (No need to explain here). AJ would be weird too, but at least she's workable.

Ugh, I've read plenty of horrible fanfics with OC/CC shipping, and I have to be honest, the ones that bother me the most are the ones involving X-pony and Rainbow Dash.

But that's probably because she's my favorite and I'm kinda still jealous for her. Not a ton, but kinda. I used to have a massive crush on her.

Anyway the most fandom uproar would probably be caused if Twilight got an official boyfriend. We saw what happened in Equestria Girls -- if you like Flash Sentry as a love interest, you're in the minority. The vast majority of the fandom shuns the idea of Flash and Twilight getting together. And sadly, if Twilight were to get a love interest, I think it'd be Flash.

All of them would cause an uproar for various reasons to varying degrees, but to me:

Most surprising: RD, AJ, Fluttershy (unless she starts dating DIscord)

Least surprising: Rarity, Twilight since they're the only ones who show interest in such things

Most weird: Pinkie. I think she's turned on by "creamy, creamy frosting" and various other desserts.

Edited by Aurora Storm

All of them would cause an uproar for various reasons to varying degrees, but to me:

Most surprising: RD, AJ, Fluttershy (unless she starts dating DIscord)

Least surprising: Rarity, Twilight since they're the only ones who show interest in such things

Most weird: Pinkie. I think she's turned on by "creamy, creamy frosting" and various other desserts.

Pinkie seemed to have a thing for statues as well, if you remember Griffon Stone.  :okiedokielokie: 

I think Fluttershy would be the most problematic for the fandom to accept being in a romantic relationship, (with anyone other than Discord that is). Fluttershy fanboys are a special kind of crazy protective.

No one batted an eye at Cheese Sandwich, so I think Pinkie would be OK.

Applejack too would be OK, it would greatly change her character's dynamic but that could eventually be ironed out.

Rarity fanboys are kind of iffy too, but it would not be such a surprise to see her with someone. They'd get used to it.

If Rainbow got hitched with, say Soarin, it would kill many a head canon, but I think people would ultimately accept it.

You've got to ask yourself, would Prince Brad really be the end of the world? *Runs for the door.*

Honestly, I think the degree of the uproar would be directly correlated to the quality of the character of the boyfriend. Brad sucked because he was a contrived mess of a character, so it was annoying to see Twilight crush on him. You can tell he was lazily designed to fill that sole role of the romantic interest. If the introduced boyfriend was developed over the course of a few episodes before getting together with any of the ponies, I don't think it'd be so bad.

As an example, if Big Macintosh was to get with Marble Pie, there'd be very little outrage, if any, since we're already familiar with those two. That, and they're super-cute together. :D

• Brohoof 1