Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

My theory about time

Polish Snake

I don't really think that it's worth reading, but still I may learn other people's pov (point of view) on time.

Well my theory is that:

There are infinite number of universes, every is different from another (e.g. in other universe I wouldn't write post about my theory & in other my theory would be completely different). Also different point to 'general' theory of time is that if you would go back in time & change something, in my theory (as some of you may have guessed) would not change the present or future but go to different universe (so if someone doesn't get it, e.g. I'd go now back in time & change e.g. the way I wrote this post in my theory I wouldn't just change future a little bit but also I'd go to different dimension that would be different by this detail I changed when I go back in time).

Write what do you think about this theory:

Does it make sense?

Did I miss something?

How do you think this may be real?

Last (probably) thing I forgot to mention, in my theory you wouldn't be able (probably (again (I'm starting to feel that I overuse that word)) to get to every universe as some universes have differences such as personalities, which would be very hard to change (if it's even possible)

Edited by Polish Snake
  • Brohoof 1

Nice theory you got there. My theory is that there are many different universes, and each universe has different physics. For example, I have a video on my channel Gamecubeguy214 called Human Gamecubeguy to Horse Gamecubeguy where an asteroid from another universe is coming towards Earth at I think 420,069 times the speed of light. In our universe, matter can't travel faster than the speed of light, but in the other universe it can.

great_scott_400.png

But seriously though, it's interesting. Infinite Multiverse theory. Technically, it's nothing new. Tons of television shows have addressed these kind of ideas before.

It might all just been fictional, but it's very interesting regardless. I'd like to see some alternate versions of our reality. Maybe one where tokusatsu became popular in America instead of relying on shows like Power Rangers. Maybe one where companies like 4Kids and Saban never existed, so all anime was released in an uncut format.

...I am such a dork.  :lol:

Pretty much another variant of the multiverse theory that iv'e heard being regurgitated, many times. I wish it was that simple though. With no way to actually test such theories, i guess it's all speculation so far =/

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

Pretty much another variant of the multiverse theory that iv'e heard being regurgitated, many times. I wish it was that simple though. With no way to actually test such theories, i guess it's all speculation so far =/

If it would be real then it would be no way to prove it unless you are able to see like God (what is a little bit insane if in my opinion if even God couldn't see such thing + imagine seeing everything at once o.O) Edited by Polish Snake

There are presently two main camps in the Philosophy of Time, which are given the arbitrary labels "A", and "B".

A-theory says that the past and future do not exist; the future is just a soup of unwritten potential that cannot be explored except through the progression of the present. The present "writes" information into history in the form of scars, marks, movements, momentum and other artifacts in spacetime which we can explore, but the past itself is not a physical domain which can be traveled to.

B-theory says that all points in time, past, present and future exist in their own way, and that we can only perceive the present, which is an infinitely brief transition of when the future becomes the past. This view facilitates determinism easily, but is fraught with problems connected to other aspects of philosophy of mind and cosmology. For example, causation becomes a nightmare to explore, rather than being a straightforward chain.

Neither of these have any connection to Multiverse theory because M-theory is a matter of theoretical mathematics with connection to cosmology, not philosophy of time.

And so far there has yet to be an indication that time could ever go backwards. To attempt that logic betrays a misunderstanding about physics on the same level as misunderstanding the Laws of Thermodynamics.

• Brohoof 1

Ooh... I like this theory.

I kinda have a similar one, but I didn't think about how going back in time could potentially change other universes. I just figured time was relative between universes, and one universe could exist in 2015, while it could be 1993 in another universe, 2701 in another, 1312 in another and so on...

Iv'e been thinking about theories and even braking a few since I was very small and time is always a complicated one but personally I don't think time is what people think, it's not a force of any kind and technically doesn't exist!! not how you think anyway. everything is here because the fundamental forces of existence and how they work.

too explain what i'm saying i'm going to state my theory of order and chaos. with only order everything will become one and all of existence will be like a perfect sphere unchanging for all of time, but with only chaos everything will be spite into it's most basic particle and expand out until nothing is touching or will ever touch for all of time. but when you have both order and chaos everything will start to become perfect but will be torn apart by the chaos on a microscopic scale ever changing and creating imperfect matter that will always decay but be rebuilt again and again creating not only the evolution of everything of the progression of time itself.

with this theory time traveler cannot exist as time only exists as a progression and is uncontrollable as long as order and chaos remains.

(sorry for the long post people) 

There are presently two main camps in the Philosophy of Time, which are given the arbitrary labels "A", and "B".

A-theory says that the past and future do not exist; the future is just a soup of unwritten potential that cannot be explored except through the progression of the present. The present "writes" information into history in the form of scars, marks, movements, momentum and other artifacts in spacetime which we can explore, but the past itself is not a physical domain which can be traveled to.

B-theory says that all points in time, past, present and future exist in their own way, and that we can only perceive the present, which is an infinitely brief transition of when the future becomes the past. This view facilitates determinism easily, but is fraught with problems connected to other aspects of philosophy of mind and cosmology. For example, causation becomes a nightmare to explore, rather than being a straightforward chain.

Neither of these have any connection to Multiverse theory because M-theory is a matter of theoretical mathematics with connection to cosmology, not philosophy of time.

And so far there has yet to be an indication that time could ever go backwards. To attempt that logic betrays a misunderstanding about physics on the same level as misunderstanding the Laws of Thermodynamics.

Well... My Achilles' heel is science including physics (I'm in year 10 England & I don't recall learning about momentum (maybe I was sick (2 days this school year) so I think I have this ahead of me)) so this theory isn't based on anything 'solid' as it's just my thoughts (very view of them) about time combined in one theory.

you'll have to rephrase your theory because I had trouble following what you said

Well let's say someone stumbled because of my legs position & for example broke leg, my theory is that if I'd gone back in time (in this example) & changed position of my leg, I wouldn't simply change past, but I'd go to another universe (the universe that someone stumbled would be (let's call it)universe 1 & in one he/she/it didn't would be universe 2) that would be different from the one I was in as in the "universe 1" that someone broke leg & let's say that he was a very important businessman, couldn't get on very important meeting wouldn't still be able in "universe 1" as he has broken leg, however the businessman in "universe 2" which doesn't have a broken leg could get onto a meeting. (Ok it seems to me that I'm complicating it more simply put: my theory is that there are infinite number of universes that have differences some of them are very small such as e.g. me eating a yogurt but some have large differences such as lunching a nuke or even bigger. So if I'd go 'back in time' & change anything the I wouldn't be in the same universe in which I was in before. Simpler: think of universes as about different timeliness. Come to think of it, I just realised (or reminded myself) that my theory about time is something that doesn't share much (if any) similarity with the time travel in the show.

Anyway I hope this will help.

sig-4251057.great_scott_400.png

But seriously though, it's interesting. Infinite Multiverse theory. Technically, it's nothing new. Tons of television shows have addressed these kind of ideas before.

It might all just been fictional, but it's very interesting regardless. I'd like to see some alternate versions of our reality. Maybe one where tokusatsu became popular in America instead of relying on shows like Power Rangers. Maybe one where companies like 4Kids and Saban never existed, so all anime was released in an uncut format.

...I am such a dork. :lol:

& in other universe I wouldn't write this reply ;d

I read this book about quantum physics, because I was bored. :adorkable:

It's conclusion was that either everything was real, or nothing was real.

It really confused me.

It basically stated that whenever there is a choice, there are two possible theories of what happens:
One says: Two universes are created, one where it happens, and one where it doesn't happen. Once an observer observes the outcome, those two universes collapse into one true universe, in which one of the outcomes is real. (And the cat is dead.)

So most things aren't real, according to this theory.

The other says that every time there is a choice, two equally real universes are created.

And then Everything is real. (And the cat survives and dies. A million billion times. Yaaay.)

I believe neither of these. :icwudt:

I believe there is one True timeline, which cannot be changed by anything. That does not mean, however that we have no freedom of choice, as the timeline has been/will be/is being determined by our choices. It's just that there isn't a universe out there where it didn't happen, and the universe doesn't hold it's breath every time anyone decides whether he wants that chocolate muffin or that delicious donut.

So yeah.

That's what I think.

I love the idea of time travel. Have you ever read about John Titor? Supposedly, he claimed to be a time traveler from the future who posted on an online forum in the early 2000's. Of course, it is just a hoax, but it's still fun to think about. I too believe there would be alternate timelines created based on different choices people make or the outcome of events.

Edited by joanro

Ok I think that not everyone (if anyone) understands my theory, my theory says that there is a universe in which there might be a portal to Equestria, & in another universe we may be living in Mars from decades

Its no time travel its just going to the quintessential universe as if you did, there is no real science here its just a bunch of philosophy that's unfalsifiable,  and I doubt any one will test it or can.

• 4 years later...

Ah, the progression of time. The solidity of space. The timespace..... I mean spacetime.

In the very end, all of humanity will predict everything through quantum computers, so time is irrelevant anyways!