Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

gaming Why you should not buy Chivalry Medieval Warfare on Xbox One (lets discuss it!)

Kyoshi Frost Wolf

Chivalry is a game that I kept hearing os much about because of its PC release and you know what, I really loved the idea. It looked fun, visceral, and very satisfying and it also is a fresh take on the competitive multiplayer genre. I wanted to play this but I never realized there was a 360 port until recently, I had already got the Xbox One so I decided to wait until that eventual release. Well, it is here! AAAAAAAAAAAAaaaaaaaaaaaaaand...it absolutely sucks. Now, here is the thing, the PC version looks awesome, it does and I have no doubts that it is fun beyond beleif, but here...well, it is abysmal.

Activision has the publishing reigns on the console versions and that right there is a huge red flag, but it is clear that the console ports were made by a team that clearly does not care about Torn Banner's original creation. Torn Banner had nothing to do with these ports as far as I know. This version is so bad, that it is now the first ever Xbox One digital title that I have had fully refunded by Microsoft. Yeah, I was able to get a full refund on this title because of how terrible it is. Let's go down the list really quick.

The Xbox One version:

• Looks like an Xbox 360 launch title from 2005
  • Has horrendous hit detection
  • Lag issues abound
  • Feels floaty and unresponsive
  • And to top all of this madness off, it runs at an unstable 30fps while the PS4 runs at 60fps, all despite that the game looks like absolute garbage
And there is my reasoning. If you own an Xbox One and really want this game, I highly recommend that you avoid it at all costs. And this is a damn shame too, I want to play and love this game, but this port is a cheap exploitation and it does not deserve our money.

So with that, what do you all think? What are your thoughts on this horrendous port?

Really the only medieval game I care about at the moment is Kingdom Come : Deliverance, so I'm glad I didn't purchase this if it is as bad as you say it is  -_-

And of course its Activision's handiwork xD