Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Which villain would cause this alternate reality?

Redeye

maxresdefault.jpg

So, after watching the S5 Finale, I was always wondering to myself "What villain caused the Grey Dustbowl-like wasteland in the end?" shown by the picture.

Could this be hinting at a new villain? A possible almighty threat that would mark the end of the series once confronted and defeated?

If so, could this "new villain" possibly have a desire to destroy the world rather than conquer it, unlike the other villains in the show? Like a true, ultimate evil that wishes for mass genocide on every living thing? It would certainly be a very interesting conflict, and if season 6 is the possible final season of Gen 4, then a villain this radical could possibly lead to the most satisfying ending we could ask for.

I mean, this could certainly be a possibility from this picture alone. Someone, or something, must have done this act. Thoughts?

• Brohoof 3

One we've actually haven't seen. Either Celestia going evil, Twilight going evil, or the Patriots

Edited by Thrillho
  • Brohoof 5

maxresdefault.jpg

So, after watching the S5 Finale, I was always wondering to myself "What villain caused the Grey Dustbowl-like wasteland in the end?" shown by the picture.

Could this be hinting at a new villain? A possible almighty threat that would mark the end of the series once confronted and defeated?

If so, could this "new villain" possibly have a desire to destroy the world rather than conquer it, unlike the other villains in the show? Like a true, ultimate evil that wishes for mass genocide on every living thing? It would certainly be a very interesting conflict, and if season 6 is the possible final season of Gen 4, then a villain this radical could possibly lead to the most satisfying ending we could ask for.

I mean, this could certainly be a possibility from this picture alone. Someone, or something, must have done this act. Thoughts?

I am guessing they could save the ultimate bad guy for the movie. I left a thread called "MLP's unicron", a villain who only lives to destroy, Tirek did too, but he had some interest in enslaving all life. 

• Brohoof 1

That's what happens when HUMANS come to Equestria.

Ponies have a harmony with thir environment, and therefore try not to make such an impact on their world... yet human beings (I am loathe to say) are known for finding something new & useful and exploiting the living HELL out of it.  There'll be those types there, making their way into Equestria.  Eventually, there'll be war: Pony vs. Human, Sympathizers vs. Purists, The Corporate Machine vs. The Eco-Warriors, etc....

Even Flim and Flam won't be able to hold a candle to what Warmongers, Oil Barons and Hollywood would do.

• Brohoof 1

I read an interesting (and very creepy) fanfic that suggested that it was caused by somebody wearing the Alicorn Amulet. Thing's supposed to corrupt people more and more as they keep using it. If a few days wearing it turned Trixie from an arrogant, goofy performer into somebody who'd whip kids and try cooking people with lightning, I can only imagine what it'd do to somebody who kept it on for longer than that.

• Brohoof 3

I think that is Starlight's alternate universe. She caused Equestria to turn into dust after destroying the only thing that keeps Equestria alive. Without the strong friendship of the mane six, Equestria would literally not exsist. That's why Starlight Glimmer was so suprised. She realized that she made that alternate universe and literally ruined Equestria by tearing their friendship apart. That just shows us and Starlight how strong the friendship of the mane six is. It may sound cheesy, but their friendship really is magic.   :o

• Brohoof 5

One we've actually haven't seen. Either Celestia going evil, Twilight going evil, or the Patriots

And they'll do it while trying to get away with cheating. th_lmao.gif (No offense to the Pats fans)

In all seriousness though, if someone wants to destroy Equestria, they'd have to be rather powerful, where not even the Elements of Harmony could even reform him, for that to happen.  Then again, something like this would happen:

OcGXYsFtPqs.jpg
  • Brohoof 1

The timeline where Sunset Shimmer made her return. Celestia warned Twilight in Equestria Girls that sending too many over to a world could upset the balance and create havoc for a world. If Sunset somehow brought an army of people with her through the portal, than she may have possible wrecked the balance of Equestria so hard, all life in Equestria was destroyed.

At least, that's what I'm imagining.

I don't see how it being Starlight Glimmer's world would work. There's no way to know the exacts, and I assume there will be tons of fanfics trying to explain it. Maybe it's a world where all the villains clashed and totally destroyed Equestria, maybe it's a world where Celestia turned evil, etc. 

• Brohoof 1

That's what happens when HUMANS come to Equestria.

Ponies have a harmony with thir environment, and therefore try not to make such an impact on their world... yet human beings (I am loathe to say) are known for finding something new & useful and exploiting the living HELL out of it.  There'll be those types there, making their way into Equestria.  Eventually, there'll be war: Pony vs. Human, Sympathizers vs. Purists, The Corporate Machine vs. The Eco-Warriors, etc....

Even Flim and Flam won't be able to hold a candle to what Warmongers, Oil Barons and Hollywood would do.

The timeline where Sunset Shimmer made her return. Celestia warned Twilight in Equestria Girls that sending too many over to a world could upset the balance and create havoc for a world. If Sunset somehow brought an army of people with her through the portal, than she may have possible wrecked the balance of Equestria so hard, all life in Equestria was destroyed.

At least, that's what I'm imagining.

Both of you pretty much had my idea. EQG crossover world, that just strips everything away, due to human greed and the like, before returning to their own world.

sig-4252068.maxresdefault.jpg

Wasn't it Starlight Glimmer that caused that?

Both of you pretty much had my idea. EQG crossover world, that just strips everything away, due to human greed and the like, before returning to their own world.

I'm not saying human greed, as in that devastation was entirely done by man. I'm saying it's the equivalent of the old idea of matter touching antimatter killing all life, in this case too many people coming over to Equestria put too much strain on the dimension and it caused a natural reaction that destroyed everything.

• Brohoof 1

It can't be a new villain that we haven't seen yet because this is the present, not the future. In other words, every alternate reality was about one of the past villains/antagonists succeeding thanks to the Mane 6 not being friends, so how could a villain that they've never seen before have succeeded at doing what they've never even tried to do?

• Brohoof 2

I agree with Grif on this one. perhaps it is the timeline wherein all the villains went head to head for total control of Equestria. it would basically result in a major furball. 

If not that, then perhaps it could be my preferred story.. >;3 *Nuclear Missile launched*

Clearly this is the result of an Ultimate Showdown of Ultimate Destiny between Nightmare Moon, Discord, Queen Chrysalis, King Sombra, Tirek, Grogar, and Starlight Glimmer that ended in the Tree of Harmony going nuclear and wiping Equestria clean.  

Or perhaps this is a timeline where Luna and Celestia died. Unable to take command of the sun and moon after so long, all life become extinct from natural disasters caused by the celestial bodies going haywire without any guide. 

I'm partial to Nightmare star myself. Eternal light scorching the land to ashes, with Celestia herself eventually perishing due to nothing being left to sustain her once all the plantlife and animals died, seems like a fitting end to her rule.

medium.png

Edited by Unlikeable Pony
  • Brohoof 1