How open about being a brony are you?

Ed Lyons

Are you open about being a brony?  

131 users have voted

1. 1. Do your friends know?

• Yes
    • No
    • Do they need to know?
  2. 2. Do you talk about it around people?

• Yes
    • No
    • I will if I want to. It's just a show!
  3. 3. Would you wear MLP clothing around people?

• Yes
    • No
    • What's wrong what that?

Sometimes I talk about being a brony to my family but I don't wear any pony clothing or talk about mlp outside my home at all. Unfortuntely finding a brony or a fan in the carribean that I live in is extremely hard. >_>

I mostly don't want my family to know because my sister would be a total jerk about it.  She already insults me for liking The Lion King, and acts like that's weird for a 20-something (which, I've discovered at uni and online, it totally isn't).  It's not that what she says would make me feel bad about myself, it's just she's always being a pain about something or other and I get tired of her dissing everything I do and like.  I intend to make it known one of these days, tell them a friend got me into the show, but for now, well, yesterday, my sister opened the door and I hastily turned off the TV so she wouldn't see it was on Discovery Family playing MLP.

That said, my friends know, and I do not hide it in public, such as when I would go to uni.  No one really cared.

I'm a lot more open about being bi than I am about this, though.

• Brohoof 1

Pretty much a closet brony, save for a couple friends irl that know my horrible secret of liking a kids show. Other than that, Im sure my parents know, but they wont talk about it to me, and visa versa 

My parents wanted to check my SAT scores maybe a year or so back. Unfortunately, they were sent to my email, and my email was glitching and freezing a bit. Lo and behold, my entire inbox was EQD. I basically sat there for 30ish seconds in horror. Later, my mom wanted to use my computer for some reason or other. I had learned my lesson from the email thing, but of course mlpforums was my top site on firefox. I'm basically certain my family knows about my like of mlp, but no one says anything.

This user has left the fandom. They've been exposed to the horrible underbelly of it and the poisonous culture, including the racism, rampant pedophilia, and lack of care to do ANYTHING about it.

This fandom began on 4Chan. It shows.

I hope you can get out too.

Edited by OpenYourEyes
Removal of Self

Considering some of the things I openly admit and the fact I resplendently crossdress ordinarily, me being openly a brony is nothing in comparison. I have a very exclusive and preemptive social doctrine and don't live in a shitty area, so I couldn't give a fuck less who knows and what they think. Also, I had a little girl utterly enthralled with my appearance today. Her favorite pony evidently is Rainbow Dash, while mine is Twilight Sparkle.

All of my friends know.

I only really talk about it if someone mentions it or I find a reason to.

I own a few shirts and even a charm bracelet and I am never ashamed to wear them.

Overall I'm very open about liking MLP, but I won't go quite as far as to call myself a brony exactly.

I'm super open on the internet with everybody, but in real life, I'm pretty closeted about it. I have one friend that knows about it, and my parents know as well, but apart from that, I keep it secret. If somebody in my friend group were to come out as a brony, I would come out too, but I don't want to be the first. Also I don't have any merch or mlp clothes yet but I do have tons of pony stuff on my laptop which a don't often bring out in public. I'd be open to going to pony conventions and meetups though, if there were any around. The Aussie brony population is tiny.

Honestly, If someone went right up to me and asked if I was I would say yes, but not to the degree of most bronies. (I typically refer to myself as a pegasister) I'm not dedicated to any community and not very good at art. The only thing I'm really loyal to is watching all of Dr. Wolf and Silver quill's videos. I guess I'd just try to be chill about it. At the moment, my parents and sister know and they think it's a little 'silly' but they don't care. My friends are aware of the enjoyment of the show, but not me participating in many fandom things. A lot of them don't even know what fandoms are.

After all these years about being open, I learned from my mistake and try to hide it completely. I don't wear MLP clothes, I don't talk about MLP to others unless they are a brony as well, and if someone asks me about MLP I would lie trying to keep my brony-ness away from everyone. When looking up pony things at school when we're allowed to have internet free time, I have the laptop at a 20-30 degree angle, which makes it hard to type and click on things, but make it easy to hide my brony-ness. Though I put pony things on the internet.

Edited by gamecubeguy214

I'm very open about being a brony. I don't really care what anyone thinks of me, so I let it shine. My facebook cover photo is a picture of my best friend and I cosplaying as Rarity and Pinkie at BronyCon. I also always post picture upon picture from BronyCon onto facebook, instagram, and twitter. I have a Derpy sticker on my car and wear MLP merch pretty often. I don't think I'm super in your face about it, just because I don't talk about it, really, unless someone asks me something or says something about me being a brony, but I'm also not at all hiding the fact.

I guess I'm relatively open about it. I might mention that I like the show if it's in the context of the conversation or if someone asks me about it. I don't really have any merchandise, so I can't really demonstrate it all that much. I would never try to hide it in any way, though.

After all these years about being open, I learned from my mistake and try to hide it completely. I don't wear MLP clothes, I don't talk about MLP to others unless they are a brony as well, and if someone asks me about MLP I would lie trying to keep my brony-ness away from everyone. When looking up pony things at school when we're allowed to have internet free time, I have the laptop at a 20-30 degree angle, which makes it hard to type and click on things, but make it easy to hide my brony-ness. Though I put pony things on the internet.

How was being open about it a mistake?

When I told people about it, they would say ''My Little Pony is for little girls'' or ''My Little Pony, so skinny and bony'', and I got all butthurt.

Well when anyone did that to me, they ended up butthurt literally because I kicked their butt  :yay: eventually people stopped haha wonder why?

I talk about the show with people who ask me first about it, I don't jam it down their throats out of respect for them and it has worked so far...

• Brohoof 1