How open about being a brony are you?

Ed Lyons

Are you open about being a brony?  

131 users have voted

1. 1. Do your friends know?

• Yes
    • No
    • Do they need to know?
  2. 2. Do you talk about it around people?

• Yes
    • No
    • I will if I want to. It's just a show!
  3. 3. Would you wear MLP clothing around people?

• Yes
    • No
    • What's wrong what that?

I am very open about my love of ponies. My friends (all 6 of them) all know and it was actually one of those friends who showed me mlp for the first time, so I am able to talk about it whenever I want and they all know basic references. I am constantly talking about it at work because people love to make fun of me for it, not that it bothers me, and so I always try to convince them of the wonders of the show. My family is mostly pretty closed minded about a lot of things and ponies are no exceptions, but that doesn't stop me from displaying all of my plushies and figurines. As far as wearing pony merch, I always have my lanyard out for people to see, I have Big Mac's cute mark on my gas tank cover of my red car, and I don't have too many shirts but they are normally the first shirts worn after laundry day. I have no shame when it comes to the ponies and a lot of that is because of the Black Gryph0n song called "Proud to be a Brony". I would definetly give it a listen for any who haven't heard it and need help fealing pride about your brony self!

Do your friends know?

I don't have any IRL friends so.... As for my online friends I don't hide my love of ponies

Do you talk about it around people?

I talk about it with my little cousin who watches the show with me.

I also talk to her dad about it as he is a passive fan who just loves to give out brohoofs.

Would you wear MLP clothing around people?

I own quite a few different pony shirts that I wear no matter the occasion.

I'm so open. I'm also what some may call a recruiter. I always try to bring someone new. Sometimes I dont succeed, but I've gotton quite a few in. telling them how great the fans and show are.Also, I dont make it that secretive, I mean, i own shirts, guests see my collection, its great!

• Brohoof 1

Very open. I dont really care how people see it. Being a brony is great, and if I want to express myself and show my love and support I will. I wouldnt judge anyone else on their likes. :) 
I say be who you wanna be, if people dont like it well, too bad on their part. :3 

I even have several mlp tattoos, because its not that I love the show as much as wanting tattoos. Its because the show openedup an all new world for me, and I met some amazing people that I am greatful for and greatful to call friends. I find being a brony on my part more like a blessing. It helped me through hard times, and to know I have supportive friends to be there is great. And I return the favor, if they need someone I'll be there too. :) 

So brony on I say! /) 

• Brohoof 1

I'm only open about it when I know I won't be judged about it; I had to deal with enough of that from my family and so-called "friends" when I came out as a brony to them two years ago. I still haven't told my bet friend; normally, I would have told them, as I've pretty much shared my whole life with her. But, I don't know how she'd react to that.

Well, from where I live, I guess they don't mind, I mean I even admitted to theme that I watch 'My little pony: Friendship is Magic', and they were like meh, even not shocked about a 32 year old dude liking a franchise aimed towards girls. Hell, I watch or follow any franchise aimed for girls apart from MLP-FIM like Monster High, Ever After High, Winx Club, Descendents: Wicked World, etc. B):love:

I'm not exactly open, but my friends know that I'm a brony. I don't wanna be that guy so usually I would just keep my mouth shut about MLP stuff unless the topic comes up then I could talk for days about it. As for my family I'm still keeping it a secret from them.

• Brohoof 3

Why should I be open about it? It's not like other people need to know. I don't talk about the show or wear MLP related clothing around others. And even if I wanted to, I don't own any MLP merch of any kind, so I couldn't. But if one of my friends were to ask me about it (which will likely never happen), I probably wouldn't deny it.

Edited by RedFireDrgn

Yeah, at first I only watched MLP in the dead of night, making sure that no one noticed, and I kept volume low, and jumped at every sound, as if the whole family would charge into my room. I watched it on our IPad, but I forgot to delete the history...

After a few days my sister was doing something on the IPad, and she asked me, "Frosty, why does 'My Little Pony' pop up when I type in the 'M'?"

I blushed heavily, and told her that that was because I watched that.

She told me I was a loser, and to go get a life.

She isn't hating as much now, but she still doesn't like it much. :adorkable:

Dude, harsh sister. 

I'll talk about it if someone else does. I live in a fairly "open" environment at School/other places, so I see no reason to hide it.

• Brohoof 2

I'm not very open about it, but I don't really try to hide it that much. For instance, I do draw ponies in school, but if someone asked what I was drawing I'd just say "A pony". The most merch that I'd wear would be a pin and maybe a necklace. My parents know and I'm pretty sure my friends know, but neither of them really care.

I'm not very open about being a brony, but my friends do know and I do wear mlp t-shirts around them. I only have 2 friends that I can talk about the show around and they don't even say anything about it. This is the friend that convinced me to buy the rainbow dash t-shirt at a convention.

I'm quite open with my liking for the show. I only bring it up when the conversation calls for it like "Is that a shirt of Twilight Sparkle," "Did you see the new episode," or my personal favorite "Is your favorite ponies Spike and Applejack?"

I've worn pony shirts from time to time, usually at conventions and sometimes when I'm somewhere else, but never at school. The area I live in is pretty judgmental, and is small enough that it's common for me to run into the same people each day whenever I leave the house. If someone were to ask, I'd probably be honest about it, but I don't want to be one of those bronies that never shuts up about the show, so I won't mention it when it's not relevant to the conversation. I'm thinking of putting a Vinyl Scratch cutie mark pin on my backpack since it's the most subtle piece of pony merch that I have, since it's a black eighth note on white background.

• Brohoof 1

Update to my previous post:
I am open to everyone about being a brony. I couldn't take it anymore, so I got a Brony hat and wore it out in public. A few a*sholes tried to "inform" me that the show was actually for children. Unfortunately for them, I was in somewhat of a bad mood today, so they got the brunt of my negative mood. I'm not completely sure, but I think one guy got a nose bleed because I mentally broke him... But maybe it was just coincidence... I don't know.

Side note: The 'public' area I am referring to, is Milwaukee, WI. So a decent amount of people saw me, I think.

• Brohoof 1

• 2 weeks later...