Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Lamiaponies in Friendship is Magic?

Mesme Rize

I think there is something that we all want from this series and that's having more phantasmal creatures in the series. One of those that i always miss are my favorites, the Lamias.

Alot of you (if not all) already know how much i love snakes and i have grown a liking to Lamias, which in greek mythology are hybrid of a human and a snake, or in the case of Equestria, a hybrid between a snake and a pony and i think in the world of Equestria it would make sense, since alot of the creatures are inspired by greek mythology (Manticores, Chimeras, etc.)

I thought about it like this. Instead of having a whole civilization of Lamiaponies, how about having just a few, or maybe just one, who have/has been cursed and is/are now hiding from civilization in the Everfree?

You could even do an episode out of it, with Pinkie finding one in the Everfree, who is very shy because of it's looks. But Pinkie tries to introduce him in Ponyville. A few go wrong at the beginning, but something will happen that will win the Lamia the trust of the folks in ponyville, giving us a lesson of not judging someone, eventhough he looks like a monster.

What do you think about it? Would you like Lamiaponies in the show?

• Brohoof 4

I like it but i feel like we should talk about the real issue: The lack of any or all Chocobos!

Seriously, It does sound fun though introducing new kinds of ponies other than the 3 we have come to know and it would put a weird mix into the story. Even if the show will never do it grab some people and make your own animation XD

If a lamia pony were to appear in the show, the first thing i would imagine is you exploding with joy and excitement. In all honesty it would be pretty cool to have a new creature such as the lamia pony because it could possibly bring more attention to this certain creature. Getting more people to like the creature, even more drawings. Just look at the bat ponies, they have a lot of attention and popularity because it is a well known creature in the show. So yes, I would like to see how everything would turn out if lamia ponies were added to the show in the way you explained. 

I like it but i feel like we should talk about the real issue: The lack of any or all Chocobos!

Seriously, It does sound fun though introducing new kinds of ponies other than the 3 we have come to know and it would put a weird mix into the story. Even if the show will never do it grab some people and make your own animation XD

It wouldn't be like a new race. It would be more like "the pony is cursed so it has to be like this."

It wouldn't be like a new race. It would be more like "the pony is cursed so it has to be like this."

Oh right. It still sounds like a good idea but animating a snake/ pony would probably push the animators too far XD 

Oh right. It still sounds like a good idea but animating a snake/ pony would probably push the animators too far XD 

It's true. Drawing snakes or Lamias in this case, are always a challenge. But it could workout and i think they are talented enough. :)

• Brohoof 1

I personally would love to see a new type of pony in the series, particularly being something as unique as a snake hybrid. A whole new civilization would be a bit far, but doing something like Zecora, where she's the only one shown, may work. Speaking of the mighty Zebra, it would make sense for the lamia to possibly be a friend of Zecora, perhaps even coming to visit her in an episode (and inspiring a kind of episode as when Zecora first was introduced). I could easily see the lamia just coming for a visit, or possibly seeking out a cure from Zecora (this seems like a curse right up her alley).

Regardless, snakepones get a definate seal of approval from me :P

If they were introduced, they would need a better reason than the lesson you stated. We already learned that one from Zecora, remember? While it may be nice to see one or two in the future, there needs to be good reason for it.

Well, we could find a better reason, then recycling the same lesson. But to be fair, i was never the biggest fan of bridle gossip and i think the Lamia version of mine, could be Bridle Gossip done right maybe, because a Lamia pony is a more intimidating creature then a Zebra.

My opinion though.

• Brohoof 1

I'm all for any additional species being added to the FiM world, as long as they're put to good use of course. :D Certainly wouldn't look out of place, what with the large number of Mythical species we've already seen in Equestria. I wonder though, if this creature is a Pony who has been cursed, would they try and go the Beauty and the Beast route and have it so that they get returned to normal by episodes end? Wouldn't put it past them.

I'm all for any additional species being added to the FiM world, as long as they're put to good use of course. :D Certainly wouldn't look out of place, what with the large number of Mythical species we've already seen in Equestria. I wonder though, if this creature is a Pony who has been cursed, would they try and go the Beauty and the Beast route and have it so that they get returned to normal by episodes end? Wouldn't put it past them.

Meh, i would rather like it if the curse was permanently, so there would be more drama. The pony has no way of returning to normal and thinks that there is no way that the ponies will ever accept it again.

If there is a solution, there is no drama behind it and nothing would be learned.

• Brohoof 1

Meh, i would rather like it if the curse was permanently, so there would be more drama. The pony has no way of returning to normal and thinks that there is no way that the ponies will ever accept it again.

If there is a solution, there is no drama behind it and nothing would be learned.

Of course. It's something I'd rather have as well, but you know what these writers can be like sometimes. They don't often like having a sub-optimal resolution, though I guess that would depend on who you ask. :P

Episode idea:

Cursed pony-

Various ponies are reporting word of a monster around town, and the Mane 6 end up investigating. Tracks are found, various supplies are noticed to missing, and later on, ponies suffering headaches and memory gaps surface (due to hypnosis). Eventually it's all tracked down to a cursed lamia gathering supplies for Zecora in town, for a potion to cure him. He hid from view because of the obvious mob of angry villagers that would form, having been driven from other towns for that. They help him gather the rest of the supplies, cure him, episode ends. (Not as much drama as you said, but interesting).

Drama adding edit - he was a young foal that had a spell/potion go really awry. Since he's been in this form for so many years, hiding, it's become near permanent. He has to learn to accept he cannot change his form without some serious magic (think season four ending Tirek fighting power), as do others.

Episode idea:

Cursed pony-

Various ponies are reporting word of a monster around town, and the Mane 6 end up investigating. Tracks are found, various supplies are noticed to missing, and later on, ponies suffering headaches and memory gaps surface (due to hypnosis). Eventually it's all tracked down to a cursed lamia gathering supplies for Zecora in town, for a potion to cure him. He hid from view because of the obvious mob of angry villagers that would form, having been driven from other towns for that. They help him gather the rest of the supplies, cure him, episode ends. (Not as much drama as you said, but interesting).

Drama adding edit - he was a young foal that had a spell/potion go really awry. Since he's been in this form for so many years, hiding, it's become near permanent. He has to learn to accept he cannot change his form without some serious magic (think season four ending Tirek fighting power), as do others.

It's a nice idea, certainly. Maybe the potion can be "snake oil" which should actually make the pony look beautiful. :P

The Zecora idea is also nice and i certainly can see the moral here as well, with not judging and this sort of stuff, especially since it has something to do with Zecora again and going full circle.

the only problem is, like you probably know, the drama is missing a bit. But i think on it's own, it can be a good episode. Not a masterpiece, but certainly good.

• Brohoof 2

Why in the hay not? If monster high could do it (-ish), than we could do better!

sig-4252759.Br6dCIs.png

Not to go too off topic, but i freaking love this OC. <3

• Brohoof 2

More species would be great, I love the species variety we have right now, so this would only add to the series. I feel we will get to this all soon, we've already had griffins, dragons and yaks! So I don't see why they can't have this, would be awesome! I personally just want to see more varieties of royal guard.