Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

open Everyday Life with Monsters (RP)

Drago Ryder

@Child Of Darkness

Kyubi drank her tea as her host spoke. She had already scouted out the area around the mansion for the past few hours, so this wasn't exactly new to her. "I wonder if we'll all have enough room in the main house." She thought to herself. The kitsune then smiled lightly. "I could probably help him if all of us become to much to bear."

@@Drago Ryder,

Ash felt a twinge of a real smile, but fought it back and listened to Mikale, and then looked back at the dragon. "Nice to Meet you Gale. You can call me Ash." He was glad that the dragon had approached him, though he still wasn't ready to call her a friend just yet, he was still unsure about trusting anyone who was going to live here.

Flux awkwardly walked back as she was pushed away, by the phoenix's wings.

As she sat back down, she noticed a few other creatures where looking at the phoenix, as she herself held her cup  of tea, and had a flashback, of ten moons ago...

(By the way, this was a mine-rp themed Skype conversion, just a little backstory, to explain the "rivalry" against the two)

-ash flies out the window-

XD -Ash throws fireball-

-doges-

-shoots bolts of lightning-

-dodges, throws ring of fir and changes into phoenix form-

-doges and turns into thunderbird-

We aren;t going to win this way

: -shoots Lighting in bolt form, down from the sky at ash-

-Quickly evades and creates a shield of the hottest fire-

-summons thunderstorms-

-heavy downpour on shield-

-shield breaks-

-falls to the ground and reverts to human form, clinging to the draining strength through the downpur-

: -shoos away the clouds-

-turns back into human-

-helps ash up-

I'm sorry if I hurt you, I really didn't mean it

I can't exist in water... -he shivers and tried to shake his wings of water-

-condenses water off wings into clouds-

I'm so so sorry

-spreads wings wide and summons small fires to help regain strength- Consider it a lesson learned.  I should not have crossed a Thunderbird.

Oh... 

-cries-

-flies away-

Where do you think you are going?

I was the one who learned that lesson

Go. Away! 

-flies even faster-

-triggers a few thunder booms-

-quickly flies above the clouds, breaking them as I fly in front or you, arms crossed- Excuse me? You attacked me

If anyone should be running,, it should be me. Yet I'm still here

I'm sorry..

I was just playing around until you shot back...

Please go a-away

Why would I want to do that? -grins and leans in- I find you interesting. 

-sniffles-

R-Really?

-flies back a bit- However, I've never met another creature to Challenge me. I may have to watch you better.

I-is this where you say you'll kill me?

-Chuckles- I don't like to kill. But I can certainly teach you a lesson if you like. -holds a small flame out in hand-

(Btw, you were supposed to say "if you like... Though it's gone far to interesting for that" XD I read more of the iron King) 

-tilts head-

What lesson?

-extinguishes flame- A Phoenix never forgets. We can hold grudges for a very long time, when we see the time to act is upon us, you will have no chance. -grins and spreads wings, backing up further- I think I'll forget about this little endeavor, and I suggest you do as well

-nods-

-flies away with a grin-

Flux quikly realized this was the same phoenix, from 10 years ago. and slowly narrowed her eyes at Ash...

We meet again... She said to herself quietly...

Edited by Shadow Strike

Ash wasn't the only one who was glad that Gale had spoken to him. The dragoness was happy to have a possible friend in confusion of what was going on. "If you ever need to talk, I'm willing to listen." The dragoness then curled into a ball next to the couch and waited for something interesting to happen.

@@Drago Ryder,@,

Ash nodded and surveyed the area, waiting for Mikaele to show him to his room. He knew he wouldn't be leaving it much. He glanced and the Thunderbird and sighed, He hoped she would stay away from him, he didn't need to have another fight with her, especially because of what she was.

• Brohoof 1

@@Drago Ryder,

Sappy nodded Alright, i knew that this had some more depth to it; I guess I’ll have to paint the dragon species in a positive light Thought Sappy as he walked around. He noticed a female dragon, and decided to approach her, mainly because they were the same species. He cleared his throat “Excuse me miss, but I do believe we haven’t met before. What’s your name?” Asked Sappy politely and tipped his tophat

Gale looked at Sappy and gave a slight smile. "I don't think we have. My name is Gale." She said. The dragoness did feel a bit nervous, but tried to act confident. She wasn't exoecting to see another dragon here, but figured it should've been expected. "Who are you?"

Gale looked at Sappy and gave a slight smile. "I don't think we have. My name is Gale." She said. The dragoness did feel a bit nervous, but tried to act confident. She wasn't exoecting to see another dragon here, but figured it should've been expected. "Who are you?"

Sappy nodded "Ahh, Gale what a lovely name! My name is Sappy Lappy, i'm what Someone would call 'The cultural guardian' Because of my love for culture. Which is partly the reason as to why i wanted to come here. You see humans have amazing cultures, and are a very interesting species that i plan on getting notes from" Explained Sappy with excitement in his voice. He awkwardly coughed "Hehe ops, i rambled again didn't i?" Asked Sappy sheepishly

(edited)

Sappy nodded "Ahh, Gale what a lovely name! My name is Sappy Lappy, i'm what Someone would call 'The cultural guardian' Because of my love for culture. Which is partly the reason as to why i wanted to come here. You see humans have amazing cultures, and are a very interesting species that i plan on getting notes from" Explained Sappy with excitement in his voice. He awkwardly coughed "Hehe ops, i rambled again didn't i?" Asked Sappy sheepishly

Gale couldn't help but laugh slightly and nodded to the other dragon's question. "Yeah, but I really don't mind." She said. "I think seeing another dragon here helped me relax a bit." The dragoness then gave a light smile and wasn't sure what to do now. She the realized that she had been here for little under an hour, and she had already made two possible friends. Edited by Drago Ryder

@Child Of Darkness

Kyubi stood and decided to look at the room she would be staying in for the duration of her stay at the mansion. The Kitsune then looked at Mikele and gave a light smile. "Do you mind if I unpack my things? It would be better to do it now than later tonight so I don't wake anyone." She said.

@Acnologia

@Drago Ryder

"That actually goes right into my next point Miss Kyubi. Now then, it's time for the main event, Drum roll please, you need to pick a room that you like to stay in for this trip. Since I didn't know exactly how many of you where going to stay or what species you will be representing until I saw you all, I could only have rooms prepared as I would a human guest. Basic and boring. Now, all bedrooms are located on the second floor, East wing of the house. You can see them from here. Just. We have 8 vacant rooms. 9 total rooms. 1 along the north wall, 1 along the south and 6 empty rooms along the east. Most rooms are the same, but I think you will find some more desirable than others. The room on the north side of the house has a balcony large, and the so does the south but it's balcony is much smaller. The rest along the east wall have great sunrise views and are spacious enough for two people a piece. My room is right in the middle of the East wall, and that is off limits at all times. Now I'm sure you all want to test your luck your might at claiming the best room for you. Rule is: If you touch the bed, the room is yours. Stairs are out the door you came in and the second left. In your own time, you may go."

Edited by Child Of Darkness

Caleb looked at the address on his letter then the one on the mansion. He was pretty sure at least. He had gotten a letter only a few days ago from a group called the coalitionists who wanted to bring humans and monsters together. Apparently they had picked him based on his I.Q. (luckily they didn't see his grades) and information they gained from his friends and parents on his social skills to be part of some embassy between the monsters, sorry non-humans and humans. All that he was supposed to do was stay in the manor for the next few months and then they would not only help pay for his college. Obviously his parents after confirming that the letter was legit decided it would be the best if he went. Originally he thought that this would be some kind of boarding house and he would have to stay with one or two monsters this place was enormous. He assumed that at least a 10 or 20 kids could live here with no problem and assuming most of them maybe all of them were monsters scared the teen half to death. Hopefully he either didn't have to share a room but, if he did he hoped it wasn't something too weird like some kind of 3 headed snake or a giant fox. He sighed and began marching up the manor gates. There was little he could do now that he was here, all he could do was hope for the best.

@Child Of Darkness

Kyubi nodded slightly and began to think of what room she may want. After a few minutes, the kitsune walked upstairs and into one of the east side bedrooms. "This should do just fine." She said, before setting her bags on one of the beds.

@SlenderSlayer24

When Kyubi looked out the window on her way downstairs, she noticed a human approaching the mansion and tilted her head in curiosity. "I guess a few humans will also be staying here. I might as well go say hi." She thought, before sneaking out the window and jumping to the ground, changing back into a kitsune while still in the air. After landing, the kitsune slowly approached Caleb, judging to see how he would react.

Ash nodded as Mikaele Explained the room situation, and immediately took a flight to the room of the biggest balcony, hi room had to lead out the sky, and he wanted to be there first. So he flew up the stairs and through the house, where he made himself comfortable in the room of his choice. He then shut his door and made the decision not to come out unless it was Mandatory

Gale heard what Mikeke had said and gabced at Sappy. "It was a pleasure to meet you. I'll see you later." She said, before heading upstairs. The dragoness then looked over what rooms were available and decided to take one on the east wall. She then noticed that Ash's door was closed and gave it a gentle knock. "Is everything ok?"

@@Drago Ryder,

Ash heard the knock and turned back to the door, they sound of the dragoness' voice was familiar, almost comforting. "I'm fine" He called back as he stood out of the balcony. He stretched his wings a little and thought about the dragoness outside. "Gale, do you mind keeping anyone out for now?" He didn't explain why, but he assumed she would be kind enough to accept anyway, and took off, flying low as he examined the forest. 

Sebastian: "Master, there appears to be someone at the gates of our property."

Mikaele: "Your senses are as sharp as ever Sebby. How do you do it? Never mind. This is a good time to put my theory to test, I may be wrong but consider the possibility that not just one human was selected out of the volunteers, a variety of humans for the variety of non-humans to learn and understand. I knew they had forgotten to tell me something. I do hope we have enough room if the population keeps rising."

Sebastian: "Did you forget about the security camera you had installed last week? And are you going to answer the door or shall I?"

Mikaele: "So serious all the time Sebby, relax a little. I'll go."

Putting his coat and hat back on, taking his cane, Mikaele walked out of his house and towards the front gate. He saw someone standing outside, that must be the person. He come to a stop a few feet short of the gate and smiled at the new person.

@@SlenderSlayer24

"Hello and good day to you. How might we be of service to you this fine afternoon?"

@@Child Of Darkness,

Caleb soon saw a giant gate and behind that was a dapper looking gentlemen, probably the owner of the mansion. Caleb sighed and showed the man the letter he had received. "I got a letter saying that I was supposed to stay here for a while. As part of some kind of uhm. embassy? Are you by chance the own of this residence?" He asked the man in front of him trying to be polite. The letter itself had the logo often used by the coalitionists and at the top stated Caleb's full name and old address, plus the address of the manor and the information about the embassy plus, a few legal sections his parents had to sigh so that Caleb could legally do this and a few other thing here and their. 

Edited by SlenderSlayer24

Mikaele gave a quick look over the letter, identifying the details of the document and the legal credentials of the company, just to make sure this was no school boy hoax.

@@SlenderSlayer24

"This details look genuine enough for me to believe. So this is what they forgot to tell me, looks like I won a bet. As for your questions, Yes I am the owner of this estate. My name is Mikaele, lovely to make your acquaintance Caleb Bregor." With the press of a few buttons the front gate started to swing open inwards, "please, do come inside, the sooner we get you acquainted with the other guests the better."

Caleb nodded and said "Thank you" to Mikaele and began to head towards the mansion as his thoughts of living with strange creatures swirled around his mind. Once at the front door a Butler in a black suit who strangely looked somewhat like a crow opened it up to allow the teen in. Once inside Bregor found himself looking down large halls confused on where to go. The butler from before noticed Caleb's confusion and came to his assistance quickly explaining the floor pattern and the rooms he was allowed to stay in and things like faster ways to get to the kitchen or great places to read. After the explanation Caleb smiled and said "Wow! Thanks. I didn't expect someone like you to know so much about the mansion." The butler smiled and said "If I didn't know everything about this mansion what kind butler would I be?" With that the man walked away leaving Caleb alone again. Caleb decided he would try to find a room in the East so he began walking their in the hope there wasn't too many residents their already. His hope was dashed when he got his first glimpse at a non-human. It was a black dragon that took up most of the hall ahead of him. Even though Caleb should have expect as much it still startled him to see such a huge creature. Caleb began to take a few steps back but, he ended up backing into a pedestal which held a small vase knocking both ever and made him tumble backwards onto the floor alerting the dragon of his presents and hurting his back..

@Child Of Darkness]

Kyubi noticed that Mikele seemed to trust the human, so she figured that any humans picked for this little project would be staying in the same house. "I thought each human would have non humans at their house. Apparently I was wrong." She said, revealing herself to Mikele. The kitsune then smiled lightly. "It makes sense though; having all of us in the same place makes it easier to monitor our behavior with each different species."

@SlenderSlayer24

One of Gale's ear plates flicked and she turned towards Caleb. The dragoness then tilted her head in curiosity, before sliwly moving towards him. "Hey, are you ok?" She asked, slightly worried. She didn't want to move the human around to much in case he had hurt himself, but she would if it was necessary.

@@Acnologia

To say that he was a little surprised would accurate, Mikaele did not expect to see Kyubi out here. It did give him someone so share his suspicions with though.

"No. I doesn't make as much sense as you would think. Having multiple humans from various backgrounds and status all living under the same roof as non-humans is theoretically sound, but in practicality it has fatal faults.

Fault 1: The new human is not familiar with the grounds, people or these living conditions. Therefore the natural response would be that he will not be acting the way he would at his own home for subconscious fear of being out casted, the presence of non-humans is most likely to help elude that, but it's a factor that can he considered.

Fault 2: If this is the only place that Non-humans are staying in all of our territory, it does not give them a good understanding that humans will behave very differently depending on the area they live. Restricting it all to one place lacks any diversity of humanity in location.

It's doesn't make any sense, in terms of security this place is highly secure and could make a good ground for an embassy. But an embassy is always considered land of another country that is not the one it is located in. Usually that would go to the nation it represents, so it's safe to assume this is not considered to be on human territory. Actually..." Mikaele formed a grin across his face as a plan hatched in his head. "Since we aren't considered to be on human or non-human land, rules don't apply to us. That is way an embassy works and foreign diplomacy. We don't represent a country, so follow no rules. Hmm, this is an interesting concept. I wonder if they planned this from the start, this is a happy accident, or maybe I wasn't meant to be able to make these connections. Well I'll save that thought for later. Sorry. I tend to get carried away with ideas, I didn't mean to keep you so long. Anyways, the chefs have been preparing dinner for everyone and it should be ready within the next 15-20 minutes. You can go back to whatever it was you where doing, I'll see you back at the house." Mikaele turned away and started to walk back towards his house.

@@SlenderSlayer24

Sebastian picked up the boy and moved him to safety away from all the shattered glass of the vase. Putting him down against the wall, he made a quick look to make sure nothing to major happened. "Looks like you didn't get cut, a few bumps here and there, but you're lucky. You're going to be fine. Now excuse me while I go get something to clean this mess up before Master Mikaele gets back." Sebastian vanished behind on of the doors which looked mostly to be like a storage room for cleaning. Returning moments later with a dustpan and brush, he began to clean up the shattered vase. "Now listen, it's not really my place to scold an important guest, but please do try to be more careful. If you're going to tumble over every time you see a non-human, you're going to be more bruises than boy in a few days."

(Also, I would appreciate it if you didn't control my characters. Even the minors. Though I'll accept the first time since you do seem to understand the reference/ Joke I'm making with Sebby.)

@Child Of Darkness

Kyubi thought for a moment and sighed. Mikele did have a point. It didn't make sense for something like this to happen. A thought then formed in her head. "Well, when you say it like that, it sounds more like we're foreign exchange students or something." She said, as she walked alongside Mikeke. "I think I saw an anime on something like this once. Of course, it didn't have non humans, but it was somewhat similar. I can't recall the name of it, however. I could be wrong though." The kitsune then laughed gently and began to think of what else could possibly be going on.

@@Child Of Darkness

Aeron stood at the manor gates, letter in hand.  She had a bag slung across herself that was decorated with a few pins.  A pin with a star, a pin she got from a comic convention, an antique military pin...

Her hand was instinctively over the military pin, trying to draw some sort of courage from it.  But she was certain her something-great-grandfather didn't have to interact with monsters long-thought to be mere myths and fantasies spun by superstitions.  Or get signed up for the whole thing by a meddlesome mother and a roommate who didn't tell her about it until all of the papers were filled and approved and her arrival was expected.

So taking a deep breath, she thought only of positive things and made her way toward the manor.

Edited by Akari of Duskshire