Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Since Season 5 is now over, 'tis a while until the next season, season 6.

What are your hopes for this next season? New EoH? Extremely new Evil Villain? Celestia Episode? Ships Canonized? New ALICORN?!

Put in the comments what YOU want in the new season!

• Brohoof 1

Celestia episode would be great!  I want to see Babs again.  Some Trixie would be nice too.  

I want to see Cadance's baby!  But don't you dare make it an alicorn!!!! Please, make it a pegasus and make it canon that Cadance was born a pegasus.

• Brohoof 1

Heh. I don't really have many hopes anymore. I know that sounds sad, but pretty much I know what I wanted from the series isn't going to come to pass from the direction and precedents that I can see.
I can hope for some good slice of life, but I have a feel the meta-arc and two parter directions are not going to be anything close to what I want.

So my hopes are pretty small when they do exist. About the only things I think are likely enough to hope for right now are as follows

Lightning dust and Wind rider team up for revenge against dash.

An episode that addresses how the wonderbolts have generally been incredibly disloyal jerks and asses, compared with dash aspiring to be one of them.

A celestia episode that does her justice.

Applejack's episodes to be about HER and not hijacked by her family, like how mane attraction or applebuck season are in comparison to ones like pinkie apple pie where granny and the others steal the focus.

Starlight to just be a secondary character and not a new mane seventh. (not likely though >.<)

• Brohoof 3

A Celestia Episode is the only thing I feel is mandatory for S6.

As for personal things, more Raridash and Scootalove episodes, a Lightning Dust return and Spike episodes where he hangs out with someone other than Rarity or Twilight would be nice

Edited by Thrillho
  • Brohoof 2

I'm actually looking very forward to it! We just have to wait for the year long hiatus to finish... Anyways, here's what i'm expecting for season 6:

1. The mane 7 needs to be a thing with Starlight Glimmer, or Sunset Shimmer. Sunset really needs an appearance in the show. Only, what would their elements of harmony be?

2. More Trixie. We need her back.

3. Season 6 needs a PROPER villain. One who doesn't reform and is TRULY evil.

4. I'm probably the only one who wants more pop culture references.

5. We also need a Celestia episode. At least one. After all she is the ruler of Equestria, so why isn't she getting much attention? :confused:

6. We need to know what happened to AJ's parents. Did they die or something?

7. RD joining the wonderbolts. She's pretty close now, considering that she flew with them in one of the season 5 episodes.

• Brohoof 3

I want Flutterponies

And the long-eared Pegasus race mentioned in "Daring Do, and the Forbidden City"

And more exploration of Tartarus

And Twilight to stop fixing everything- only to cause more disaster- with her spells.

And for somepony else to get focused on during the season finale

And more Babs

And to see Vinyl Scratch's brother (see IDW comics)

And Flim and Flam having to do something that doesn't involve AJ or swindling

And Tree of Harmony lore

And more past gen pony references

And Twi interacting with her brother, and parents

And Sunset Shimmer

And Sunbutt convincing Luna to take an apprentice, which would be Sunset Shimmer

And Spike adventures, on his own, or with Little Strongheart

And more Spike saving the day

Edited by Nightmare Muffin
  • Brohoof 2

Heh. I don't really have many hopes anymore. I know that sounds sad, but pretty much I know what I wanted from the series isn't going to come to pass from the direction and precedents that I can see.

I can hope for some good slice of life, but I have a feel the meta-arc and two parter directions are not going to be anything close to what I want.

So my hopes are pretty small when they do exist. About the only things I think are likely enough to hope for right now are as follows

Lightning dust and Wind rider team up for revenge against dash.

An episode that addresses how the wonderbolts have generally been incredibly disloyal jerks and asses, compared with dash aspiring to be one of them.

A celestia episode that does her justice.

Applejack's episodes to be about HER and not hijacked by her family, like how mane attraction or applebuck season are in comparison to ones like pinkie apple pie where granny and the others steal the focus.

Starlight to just be a secondary character and not a new mane seventh. (not likely though >.<)

I'd watch an episode that shows Wind Rider in his prime. It could show us just how good he was.

Edited by VG_Addict

- Like everyone has been saying, Celestia episode. pls

- Scootaloo episode. Not just because she's my favorite pony, but also because she has so much story potential. Also, Sweetie Belle episode, because Apple Bloom gets way too many episodes these days.

- More Raridash?

- A good Spike episode.

- If the cutie map stuff is still happening, I'd love to see a trio get called by the map instead of a pair. It could make things interesting.

- More information or even a backstory on AJ's parents.

- Seeing more of the characters' families.

- Babs should return.

That's all I can think of. But all I really want is the season to be entertaining.

• Brohoof 2

- Starlight Glimmer episode anf progress of her reform.

- Celestia and Woona episode

- Cheese sandwich is coming back apparently, but it would be fun to see him once again in S6

- An interesting and serious Spike episode.

- ...more lyra and bonbon maybe?

• Brohoof 1

I'd really like an episode centred on Scootaloo and Rainbow Dash, since they haven't had a full episode to themselves since Sleepless in Ponyville.

I'd also like to see Daring Do again! :D 

I'd really like an episode centred on Scootaloo and Rainbow Dash, since they haven't had a full episode to themselves since Sleepless in Ponyville.

I'd also like to see Daring Do again! :D

one more thing: I'd like to see how the CMC getting used to their new marks and learning what they truly mean! Like, Sweetie Belle has a music note for example. Does that mean singing? Hopefully we'll find out. :D

• Brohoof 3

You know, seeing people mention flim and flam, i was thinking.
It'd be interesting to see AJ run into a foil or rival besides flim and flam, whether at a rodeo show or in another area of the world (business, farming, ect.) who has more in common with her in what she does in life and her skills.

I want Flutterponies
And the long-eared Pegasus race mentioned in "Daring Do, and the Forbidden City"
And more exploration of Tartarus
And Twilight to stop fixing everything- only to cause more disaster- with her spells.
And for somepony else to get focused on during the season finale
And more Babs
And to see Vinyl Scratch's brother (see IDW comics)
And Flim and Flam having to do something that doesn't involve AJ or swindling
And Tree of Harmony lore
And more past gen pony references
And Twi interacting with her brother, and parents
And Sunset Shimmer
And Sunbutt convincing Luna to take an apprentice, which would be Sunset Shimmer
And Spike adventures, on his own, or with Little Strongheart
And more Spike saving the day

Hah, agreed so damned much about the finale thing. That being said, pretty much 0% chance of that (Which is one of the reasons I say that I myself have little hope for the show outside of just getting half decent slice of life). They aren't even giving the other 5 co-starring roles in two parters much, let alone having the focus on one of them :/

and I'd pay 10 to 1 odds, the finale is going to be about starlight gaining an EOH or becoming an alicorn. (as it goes in the EQG universe, so it goes in the FIM universe, and starlight is basically sunset in the role she plays)

I'd LOVE to see more tree of harmony lore. To be honest, I kind of expect they might be saving that for the movie though; The EOH and the Tree of harmony are kind of the biggest lore secrets in the series, even beyond alicorn lore, so they probably want to hold back on that stuff.

- An all Scoot and Rainbow Dash where we find out about Scoot's family,

- A great Spike Episode

-Lightning Dust return, 

- a new evil villain

I know its a bad meme, but at this point i kind of do have to wonder if scoots is actually an orphan XD
Her parents or family don't seem to show up and give her any attention at events that really should warrant them, like the sisterhooves social, or when she got her cutie mark (not to mention her sperging about wanting dash to accept her as a sister in sleepless in ponyville).

I kind of have a hard time picturing her family as anything but neglectful at this point :/

Honestly, not much. I do enjoy the show, but if the 5 seasons are anything to go by, it won't be as good as it could've been.

Agree.

-Celestia episode: _ Give CELIE or RIOT! No episode and I tell Donald Trump!

-A good Spike episode: Let him grow a pair and become an official part of Mane 7 (buck Sunlight Glitter, like seriously).

-Applejack: She does something very western, very pony, and very amazing. I don’t’ care how you do it. Hire Clint Eastwood. Just make it happen.

-Rainbow Dash: Lightning Dust beats her in a flying competition, fair and square. A certain older pegasus stallion offers her an alternative solution. Will she accept or will she “loyalty”?

-Pinkie Pie: She has a problem and the only solution is more Pinkie Pie. Can she handle her selves this time around or will she succumb to all the pinkieness?

-Twilight: Twilight and Moondancer, being magic nerds that they are, decide to make their own arcane artifact. Spike in an apron is not amused.

-Twilight & Celestia: Ever since MNFBKDiscord, I’ve been having a fever and the only prescription is Celestia and Twilight episode. Let them go on a diplomatic mission, let them have battle magic coaching, let them have fun, just go and explore their relationship.

-Pinkie Pie and Rarity hit Las Pegasus where they help Trixie with her new big stage performance (and her old big ego).

-Bat ponies, bat ponies, bat ponies, bat ponies! Welcome to Hollow Shades’ annual Nightmare Night Parade. It’s skreeectacular! Um … Yay.

WARNING: FLYING PIGS AHEAD

-Spike episode with dragon lore, dragon friend, and dragon stuff in general. No namby-pamby ponies allowed!

-Griffonstone vs Tambelon two-parter. New compelling griffon characters, griffon lore, Arimaspi lore, and new bells for our banished king.

-A powerful dragon gal wants to eat the Tree of Harmony and obtain the ultimate power. What can ponies do against such reckless (TV-Y rated) greed?

-Rainbow Dash: Lightning Dust beats her in a flying competition, fair and square. A certain older pegasus stallion offers her an alternative solution. Will she accept or will she “loyalty”?

Hmm, that sounds more like an AJ "honesty" thing though, if its about cheating to win?

-We get to hear Sapphire Shores sing.

-Celestia and Luna's backstory

-Any episode surrounding Celestia and/or Luna

-More non-ponies

-Rarity's parents have another speaking appearance.

I kinda want this to happen too. I feel like adding a new seventh member (eighth if you count Spike) would sorta shake up the dynamic a bit too much (plus the fact that the mane six represent elements of harmony). But it just somehow feels like that's gonna happen.

Edited by PGNatsu

-We get to hear Sapphire Shores sing.

-Celestia and Luna's backstory

-Any episode surrounding Celestia and/or Luna

-More non-ponies

-Rarity's parents have another speaking appearance.

I kinda want this to happen too. I feel like adding a new seventh member (eighth if you count Spike) would sorta shake up the dynamic a bit too much (plus the fact that the mane six represent elements of harmony). But it just somehow feels like that's gonna happen.

One of my big issues is that she seems like a character custom built to react to twilight, but without any real thought to her chemistry with the other members of the group. I honestly don't see how she's supposed to interact well with the other five (which is a problem that another similar character, sunset shimmer currently has).

That's great and all when its just her and twilight, but its a group show and if you have two characters (twilight and starlight) who's only real character dynamics are with each other, you're essentially splitting the group into two "us and them" dynamics. Twilight already suffers from being the one of the mane six with the least intercharacter chemistry of the 6, and adding in another character to play specifically off twilight will only exacerbate the issue IMO.

• Brohoof 5

Hmm, that sounds more like an AJ "honesty" thing though, if its about cheating to win?

Perhaps. I still want to put RD in Rider’s position and test how “loyal” she is to her ideals of sportsmanship, hard work, and dedication. Would she accept defeat and train harder so she may have a chance next time around, or would she do everything to stay on top? Wind Rider would play the role of a devil on her shoulder, fanning her fear of being left behind like him.

It’s somewhat similar to Rainbow Falls, but the thing is, RD was never put in an inferior position. She is always the best flyer so she doesn’t even understand how it feels to play the underdog, or worse, to be a has-been. A little divine retribution wouldn't hurt.

On the other appendage, I’d like to see Wind Rider react to RD’s (undoubtedly positive) decision. Would he recognize his own mistake or would he regard her as weak?

One of my big issues is that she seems like a character custom built to react to twilight, but without any real thought to her chemistry with the other members of the group. I honestly don't see how she's supposed to interact well with the other five (which is a problem that another similar character, sunset shimmer currently has).

That's great and all when its just her and twilight, but its a group show and if you have two characters (twilight and starlight) who's only real character dynamics are with each other, you're essentially splitting the group into two "us and them" dynamics. Twilight already suffers from being the one of the mane six with the least intercharacter chemistry of the 6, and adding in another character to play specifically off twilight will only exacerbate the issue IMO.

Yeah, that actually somewhat describes my concern over Starlight's inclusion into the group. There was a brief montage of her hanging out with the rest of the mane six, but I think they'll need to build up more interpersonal reaction between Starlight and the others. Perhaps Starlight will be rejoining the "Equal Four"/"Cutie Finders"?

Two more wishes I'd like to add are the reappearance of the Diamond Dogs and the Princess Spike ponies. Again, unlikely to happen, which is why they're more of wishes than hopes.

Edited by PGNatsu

*lurks from left to right, wondering if anybody sees him*

*Writes something very secretly in the thread*

I want my Lamiaponies. I can die happily when i see them.

*Tiptoes out of this thread*

:P

• Brohoof 1