Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

[SPOILER] Resemblance of Cadence and Diamond Tiara

Iris Melody

Posted Image

Many have noticed the similarity between Princess Cadence and Diamond Tiara (and b*tch Cadence made it sooooo blatant, in my opinion) so I thought I would mention my theory.

EDIT: ***Though b*tch Cadence made it more apparent of the physical similarity considering the personality similarity, I am in no way saying Diamond Tiara is a changeling, no way saying I was somehow under the impression that real Cadence was unkind, am in no way claiming Cadence NOR Chrysalis to be Diamond Tiara's mother***

I’d be willing to bet that Diamond Tiara’s ancestors were once nobility – once within the royal family, but not descended from the heirs. (Think younger sibling that doesn’t take the crown, next generation cousin of the crowned heir, next generation 2nd cousin, continue on etc). After generations of getting further from the crown, her family still would have had its nobility history that would be their inherited money, high status, and generations of being spoiled and the passing down of "I'm better than everyone else/commoners" that could be amplified by their insecurity of not being crown lineage but trying to maintain/defend that once-held high status. Then the Rich family followed the Apple family from Canterlot to the newly established Ponyville.

Edit: To elaborate more, imagine a king and a queen having 3 children, and only one inherits the throne. Let's pick the youngest, not-heir-to-throne sibling to follow. This sibling grows up and gets married, having children, probably passing down genes inherited from mother (queen) that the queen passed down to the heir, but this grandchild from not-the-heir will have many of the same genes with practically no chance of ascending to the throne, considering everyone else closer to it. Grandchild of queen born of non-heir gets married, has child, even further from the crown now, but still passing down genes from that past queen. Each generation, each child gets further and further from the crown and royal family - how distant cousins at this point? Generations later, may know they are nobility, but only an investigation into family tree would be like, "oh! we were related to royalty 10 generations ago by queen A! We are descended from the youngest of her 3 children." More time passes, and maybe only the family money is an indicator of what once was. So many generations and marrying-others has passed, of course now not related by any stretch of the imagination to the royal family, but that queen's genes were still passed down.

As for the alicorn thing, only royal family members seem to be alicorns. Assuming idea in my example that the queen was an alicorn, and her three children alicorns, and the youngest sibling we followed married a not-an-alicorn, who had children that all married not-alicorns, whose children all married not-alicorns, naturally that alicorn-ness would have been bred out, but perhaps the genetic trait of coat-and-mane color remained.

Also, I'm not saying that Diamond Tiara "came from" Cadence, but that some of the genes Cadence inherited and some of the genes that Diamond Tiara inherited are the same - Cadence directly descended from heirs (think if Luna, Celestia, and Cadence's mother are siblings, so Celestia's parent would be a direct heir, just like Celestia, and Cadence received those genes being born the granddaughter of an heir, but her and Shining Armor's child will not likely succeed the throne) and Diamond Tiara's obtained through all those countless generations of not-heirs-but-still-that-one-link-forever-ago.

I believe they are very distantly related and inherited those similar genes from that far-away relative in common!

OR it could just be a coincidence of pink-coat-purple-mane combination. But before we (or at least, before I) figured out mean Cadence was a changeling, that similarity was just creepy and made me think of the above meme (that I did not make).

What do you guys think?

Edited by Iris Melody
  • Brohoof 1

If she was conceived when she was actually a Changeling, that'd explain why she is such a b**** (if they change their shape, why not their genetic code?)

Plus, Diamond Tiara being half-Changeling would be an interesting plot device

• Brohoof 1

Just a similarity in color. Wouldn't diamond tiara also be an alicorn?

If she was conceived when she was actually a Changeling, that'd explain why she is such a b**** (if they change their shape, why not their genetic code?)

I am under the impression that only royal family members are alicorns. I'd assume that, as one gets genetically further away from the royal family by not being direct descendants, the alicorn-ness would be bred out. Maybe passed down as only-pegasus, only-unicorn, or eventually earth pony, depending on what the spouse pony was with the one that was in the royal family that was an alicorn.

LOL, I meant Diamond Tiara being potentially distantly related to the real Princess Cadence.

The real Cadance was actually very nice and friendly, the bitchiness was coming from Queen Chrysalis. I'd just chalk it up to coincidence. After all, two pony parents can produce children with widely different color schemes (like the blue and ivory Shining being siblings with purple, lavender, and indigo Twilight).

*Puts on shipping goggles*

I can make them related!

Back to the topic at hand, though they share the same colour scheme I wouldn't see that as a way to identify the blood lines of ponies. I mean, Granny Smith is green, Big Mac is red and Applejack is orange. Then again, it would help to explain how Diamond Tiara has such a businessy, money fuelled family. All in all, the creators had to recycle colours some day and nothing scream pretty princess like pink, therefore Cadence and Diamond Tiara share the colour via coincidence and by the creators lust to make the princess feel all glammed up and girly when in fact she is rock solid and, Chrysalis version here, quite evil. I mean, would you expect a pretty pink alicorn to be plotting to overthrow and conquer Equestria?

The real Cadance was actually very nice and friendly, the bitchiness was coming from Queen Chrysalis. I'd just chalk it up to coincidence. After all, two pony parents can produce children with widely different color schemes (like the blue and ivory Shining being siblings with purple, lavender, and indigo Twilight).

/)facehoof

Aware that was Queen Chrysalis that was unkind, aware that real Princess Cadence is very kind, sweet, and friendly, aware that Diamond Tiara and Princess Cadence do not share a personality. When all were originally under the initial impression of Princess Cadence being a b*tch before anyone of us knew anything of changelings.... I edited my OP. Sorry for my failure of written communication.

So you vote coincidence. Okay. That seems to be the more popular theory, and is completely plausible.

Same colour scheme, but I'd have to disagree with the fact that she would be her mother. Anyways Candence was marrying Shining Armour. We know that Diamond Tiara isn't royalty, just a rich snob of Money Bags. Plus Candence is a alicorn.

Same colour scheme, but I'd have to disagree with the fact that she would be her mother. Anyways Candence was marrying Shining Armour. We know that Diamond Tiara isn't royalty, just a rich snob of Money Bags. Plus Candence is a alicorn.

... Did you read beyond the meme? I never claimed Princess Cadence to be her mother.

I understand the coincidence of colors, everypony, I am fully aware that children may not be the same color as their parents. Doesn't mean colors can't be recessive and passed down throughout generations and reappear sometime. Merely making a link between the rich's money, self perception, and a pink coat with a white stripe in a purple mane. Not saying mother and daughter, not saying cousins, saying VERY distantly related far beyond the point as to what "blood relation" counts today. Just sharing a far-away ancestor, potentially.

... Did you read beyond the meme? I never claimed Princess Cadence to be her mother.

I understand the coincidence of colors, everypony, I am fully aware that children may not be the same color as their parents. Doesn't mean colors can't be recessive and passed down throughout generations and reappear sometime. Merely making a link between the rich's money, self perception, and a pink coat with a white stripe in a purple mane. Not saying mother and daughter, not saying cousins, saying VERY distantly related far beyond the point as to what "blood relation" counts today. Just sharing a far-away ancestor, potentially.

I know. You asked us what we thought lol. I was only supporting my thoughts. :lol:

Y u no share :huh:

LOL. Do you like dark chocolate? *hands over some dark chocolate* I am sorry if my initial response came across as snippy. Thank you for handling my mean snippy-ness well. Usually I'm not, but alas, I have PMS rage. It is literally the most accurate indicator of I'm about to start :blink: Not that I'm blaming being mean on girl time :blush: but really... /shame

LOL. Do you like dark chocolate? *hands over some dark chocolate* I am sorry if my initial response came across as snippy. Thank you for handling my mean snippy-ness well. Usually I'm not, but alas, I have PMS rage. It is literally the most accurate indicator of I'm about to start :blink: Not that I'm blaming being mean on girl time :blush: but really... /shame

Don't worry I didn't take anything really seriously, and usually never do irl.
  • Brohoof 1

(edited)

Oh yeah... The Cakes randomly had a pegasus.. But with the alicorns, all alicorns are related, so I assume alicorn offspring would, subsequently, BE ALICORNS. That's my opinion, tho...

I wonder, if originally, there were alicorns and there were ponies. Alicorn gene remained prominent within the direct blood line of the royal family, and by marrying outside of their genetic pool with the earth ponies, that was how pegasi and unicorns came to be? And that's how earth ponies could give birth to a pegasus, or a unicorn, or an earth pony?

Or, if all 3 were originally separate, is it possible for a unicorn and a pegasus to have an alicorn baby?

But then the question remains how the royal blood line seems to be solely alicorn, and whether potential-alicorn-immortality has anything to do with it... HMMM... or, perchance an alicorn happens to be born (not royal family) they are automatically sent to Canterlot? Is there a real, direct blood relation, or a glorification at their rare genetic makeup?

If Princess Cadence and Shining Armor were to have children, would they give birth to an alicorn, a unicorn, or a pegasus? All of the above (assuming 3 babies)? Only one of the above (no matter how many children)? Or would their chance of having a pegasus be 0% while it's a 50/50 between unicorn and alicorn?

Dear People Who Created A Children's Cartoon,

May we please have a canon textbook on the genetics and lore of this universe?

LOL kthxbai,

Random Curious Adult That Doesn't Have a Child (yet).

Edited by Iris Melody

I too thought they had similar personalities, but I dont think Diamond Tiara or Silver Spoon are descendant from Royalty, they just come from a rich family.

Also her Dad seemed like a pretty cool guy.

My theory is that Diamond Tiara is half unicorn, half alicorn, half changeling and half draconequus.

That would explain a lot. ^_^

(edited)

Isn't Cadence an alicorn? How does that work?

Imagine a king and a queen having 3 children, and only one inherits the throne. Let's pick the youngest, not-heir-to-throne sibling to follow. This sibling grows up and gets married, having children, probably passing down genes inherited from mother (queen) that the queen also passed down to the heir, but this grandchild from not-the-heir will have many of the same genes (that the heir inherited too) with practically no chance of ascending to the throne, considering everyone else closer to it. Grandchild of queen born of non-heir gets married, has children, even further from the crown now, but still passing down genes from that past queen. Each generation, each child gets further and further from the crown and royal family - how distant cousins at this point? Generations later, may know they are nobility, but only an investigation into family tree would be like, "oh! we were related to royalty 10 generations ago by queen A! we are descended from the youngest of her 3 children." More time passes, and maybe only the family money is an indicator of what once was. So many generations and marrying-others has passed, of course now not related by any stretch of the imagination to the royal family, but that queen's genes were still passed down.

As for the alicorn thing, only royal family members seem to be alicorns. Assuming idea in my example that the queen was an alicorn, and her three children alicorns, and the youngest sibling we followed married a not-an-alicorn, who had children that all married not-alicorns, whose children all married not-alicorns, naturally that alicorn-ness would have been bred out, but perhaps the genetic trait of coat-and-mane color remained.

Also, I'm not saying that Diamond Tiara "came from" Cadence, but that some of the genes Cadence inherited and some of the genes that Diamond Tiara inherited are the same - Cadence directly descended from heirs (think if Luna, Celestia, and Cadence's mother are siblings, so Celestia's parent would be a direct heir, just like Celestia, and Cadence received those genes being born the granddaughter of an heir -as the niece of Celestia - but her and Shining Armor's child will not likely succeed the throne) and Diamond Tiara's obtained through all those countless generations of not-heirs-but-still-that-one-link-forever-ago.

Edited by Iris Melody