Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

mega thread Season 6 Waiting Thread (Spoilers)

Blue Moon

Season 5 is finally over! With a season containing so many great and memorable moments, it isn't hard to imagine why some of us may feel a little down with the lack of new episodes. But fear not! Season 6 is just around the corner, and I'm sure it'll be just as, if not more, grand as the last one. :love:

Feel free to use this thread to express your thoughts on the wait for new episodes, and to share any news regarding the new season. :)

• Brohoof 7

First yo.

Hoping for some more info though in jan.

One thing I'm hoping is that Starlight is just a secondary character ala moondancer or Colortura, and not a seventh mane character.

Hoping for a brand new villain for the finale, and a better Meta-arc than the last season, something more akin to the box plot hook from the S4 premier.

It would also be nice if they gave us more info about celestia/luna's past and what happened to Luna/Celestia's parents/alicorns

Edited by Unlikeable Pony
  • Brohoof 5

Can we have a Luna and Celestia filly episode please? Also, can we in general have a Celestia-centric episode? It seems all too overdue.

• Brohoof 10

Wasn't it more about showing off Equestria and spreading friendships to all the places in Equestria? ;P

Nah, there was a definite cutie mark focus this season. We got several episodes focusing on characters misinterpreting their cutie marks (Trouble shoes and Diamond tiara), characters getting their cutie marks (the CMC), a villain who was focused on destroying cutie marks and thinking they were evil, and a finale talking about the magic of cutie marks.

next season will probably have a different them. Though they'll probably still have a couple map episodes next season to tie into the "explore equestria" toyline they have coming up.

Edited by Unlikeable Pony
  • Brohoof 1

I won't mind if Starlight will be frequently seen in the season but the one episode I can see working within this season is Starlight reuniting with Sunburst. Might seem like a rehash of Amending Fences but I won't mind if the plot was changed up a bit to fit Starlight's growth as a character. 

• Brohoof 1

Well, whatever Season 6 brings, it will be months before it brings it.  The one good thing about this is that the authors of incomplete stories on Fimfiction will be bored enough to add more to their stories & finish some of them.

This is a damn small silver lining in a very big cloud.

Less CMC please....But the real question for them is: Will we ever see the CMC ever again in Season 6? Or are they disbanded now? The point is: A cutie mark DOES change anypony at all.

Less CMC please....But the real question for them is: Will we ever see the CMC ever again in Season 6? Or are they disbanded now? The point is: A cutie mark DOES change anypony at all.

There will be CMC in season 6, most fans would be dissapointed if their "adventure that has only just begun" ended.

Edited by Fawkes The Phoenix
  • Brohoof 8

I won't mind if Starlight will be frequently seen in the season but the one episode I can see working within this season is Starlight reuniting with Sunburst. Might seem like a rehash of Amending Fences but I won't mind if the plot was changed up a bit to fit Starlight's growth as a character. 

When I saw the memory in the episode I originally thought that Starlight was going to meet up with Sunburst, and become friends over again.

There will be CMC in season 6, most fans would be dissapointed if their "adventure that has only just begun" ended.

I doubt it...I mean, after all, a cutie mark DOES change anypony at all, look at Starlight's childhood friend, he abandoned Starlight because of his cutie mark...And now about the CMC, there won't be no more episodes with them, which means....they might have to disband soon.

I've been saying this since November, but I don't think I've said it here, so I'll post my prediction for the premiere date using known facts.

Fact 1) They've been done recording for EONS. That 2 parter John De Lancie recorded was most likely the finale.

Fact 2) The finale itself is past the storyboarding phase.

Fact 3) From what we can tell from Twitter, they've been in Key Layout for several months now, which is something they do about 6 months before an episode premieres.

Fact 4) The entire MLP schedule was turned on its head, and S5 premiered last April. This is most likely in anticipation of the movie. There's no reason to think S6 wouldn't start in April as well.

Fact 5) LPS ends April 16th, if they don't take any breaks

Fact 6) if S6 follows the same structure as S5, the finale would be late fall 2016

Therefore, I'm going to say the Season 6 premiere is April 23rd 2016. It's the week after the LPS series finale, which they'd undoubtedly use to promote the coming season of MLP.

• Brohoof 7

I've been saying this since November, but I don't think I've said it here, so I'll post my prediction for the premiere date using known facts.

Fact 1) They've been done recording for EONS. That 2 parter John De Lancie recorded was most likely the finale.

Fact 2) The finale itself is past the storyboarding phase.

Fact 3) From what we can tell from Twitter, they've been in Key Layout for several months now, which is something they do about 6 months before an episode premieres.

Fact 4) The entire MLP schedule was turned on its head, and S5 premiered last April. This is most likely in anticipation of the movie. There's no reason to think S6 wouldn't start in April as well.

Fact 5) LPS ends April 16th, if they don't take any breaks

Fact 6) if S6 follows the same structure as S5, the finale would be late fall 2016

Therefore, I'm going to say the Season 6 premiere is April 23rd 2016. It's the week after the LPS series finale, which they'd undoubtedly use to promote the coming season of MLP.

Eh, I think they're going to push it back till august myself. They'll probably have the EQG movie early though around june though prior to S6.

I look forward to the sixth season of Friendship is Magic after 2015 (a year starting on Thursday) is finished and the new year 2016 (a leap year starting on Friday) has started. The hiatus will going to take me is I'll wait until the sixth season premiere by months later.

The ending part from the fifth season finale episode is the epilogue that Starlight Glimmer is showed friendly and happiness to ponies, so hopefully she'll return in the sixth season too. I'm excited for this one! :D