Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

mega thread Season 6 Waiting Thread (Spoilers)

Blue Moon

Actually, wasn't the point of the episode to show that they've taken on the role of showing other ponies what their marks mean and helping blank flanks find their marks? I have a feeling they'll be going down that road.

I doubt it too, but I rather see an Time Skip instead, just like Digimon did with Season 2....Yep I have watched Digimon before.

Well, if 26 episodes is confirmed that IS good news.  It means there will very likely be seasons 7 & 8 (a total of 195 episodes)

As to the Crusaders, I agree w PGNatsu.  It seems likely they will be helping others instead of Crusading for their marks.  I think I'd rather see more episodes like For Whom The Sweetie Belle Toils or Somepony To Watch Over Me.  Plus, I want to see Scootaloo's family.  Are they Pegasi who live on the ground lest their precious Scootie fall off a cloud & go splat? (Like Fluttershy almost did in The Cutie Mark Chronicles) This could cause family tensions if she has brothers or sisters who resent having to live on the ground because she can't fly

Edited by sweetolebob18
  • Brohoof 2

Well, if 26 episodes is confirmed that IS good news.  It means there will very likely be seasons 7 & 8 (a total of 195 episodes)

Eh, I don't see your reasoning here. The half season concept for season 3 and the end of a cartoon is due to the 65 episode rule for syndication.

Since there's no special number to shoot for anymore, the show most probably won't end with a half season.

I personally hope Starlight Glimmer is used as a secondary character, rather than a semi-main character on the level of Spike or Applejack, or real main character on the level of Twilight or Rainbow Dash. Now that the whole "Angry evil triggered hate-machine that wants to destroy Cutie Marks" thing has been done, all that's left is dumb "I'm trying to do the friendships, but I suck at it. I fail comically. What do?" "Hey! Look! I tried making a friend, but I made him mad instead, because I'm dumb and bad at making friends!"

Still, I hope there's an episode focusing on Starlight Glimmer where they talk about overreacting, losing your cool, and getting Tumblr Triggered in general, and how it's never okay to go berserk or try to get a show or work of art you dislike censored or destroyed.

• Brohoof 2

That 1 month point in the haitus where you feel like you're dying because it's taking so long.. -_-

I've hear some say that it will continue around spring/summer.. so that's not too bad :/

I barely survived the last haitus :lol: at least i can distract myself with games like The Witcher 3, and collect some MLP comics and books to keep me entertained until then :P

Makes me wonder what everypony else is doing to survive this one.. :huh:

Edited by AURAequine

I loved how S5 pushed the borders of what you could tell to children on tv (having a cult and a pony war) and what I hope is that S6 is going to continue this trent. No I dont want it to become graphical but children arent stupid they just miss the knowledge of their parents and that is how we should treat them. This show is doing that especially in S5 and I hope to see more of that.

I am very pleased with what Season 5 has offered, and here is what I am hoping for in Season 6:

1. Character development for Starlight Glimmer.

2. Rainbow Dash becoming a Wonderbolt.

3. An episode focused on Celestia and her struggles.

4. A few CMC episodes where they help others with their cutie marks.

5. A Spike episode that makes him have to face both an internal and external problem, where he develops and we learn more about his character, aside from being simply an assistant.

6. Another Spike episode where Rarity gets a boyfriend, and Spike has to get over it.

7. More new locations and creatures, possibly outside of Equestria.

8. A sadder episode, similar to Tanks for the Memories, only about Applejack's parents and mentioning death.

9. Shining Armor and Cadance's foal.  :pinkie:

10. Maybe Sunset Shimmer making an appearance.

And finally and most importantly...

11. A two-part finale that is filled with adventure and action, but doesn't rely on Rainbow Power, and instead focuses on developing Twilight's leadership abilities.

• Brohoof 1

I'm hoping for more of a character-centric season, with more development for our secondary characters (particularly Celestia, Luna, and Cadence) as well as our mane cast. Less new characters and more expansion on the ones we know and love (or, in some cases, love to hate). Overarching plot themes aren't that important to me, but a theme that carries over 2 or 3 episodes might be a nice change.

A Celestia episode, definitely. It's been five seasons, Luna's had at least six for her own, so it's about time Sunpony got into the spotlight. 

Good development for Starlight Glimmer—hopefully not having it be just a copy of Sunset's redemption. I really like the idea of Twilight asking Sunset to come to Equestria in order to help Starlight get over her guilt and possible self-hatred for her crimes. 

And... this probably isn't gonna happen, but Sunset coming back for a visit? To reconcile with Celestia, perhaps? Unfortunately, there's a pretty small chance of seeing this in the main show—because this is gonna force people to admit that Equestria Girls is indeed canonical. But one can hope.  :please:

Agreed, and that might also mean more development for *gulps* Flash Sentry. I would really like that, because really, his only flaw is his lack of character. Now if you'll excuse me, I need to leave. I see an angry mob coming.

• Brohoof 1

What I'm hoping for?

More background informations from the mane six, especially Fluttershy and the deaths of Applejacks parents.

More Informations about the history of equestria.

The cutiemark crusaders in their first mission as cutiemark consultants.

And of course more cutie Map pairings.

A final without a villain would be nice too.

Besides, i had done a list of plots for season six,

who I will wish to be real.

This is my video about it. I hope you like it.

https://youtu.be/MXBuqTN3v-g

Edited by Redhatbrony

I am very pleased with what Season 5 has offered, and here is what I am hoping for in Season 6:

1. Character development for Starlight Glimmer.

2. Rainbow Dash becoming a Wonderbolt.

3. An episode focused on Celestia and her struggles.

4. A few CMC episodes where they help others with their cutie marks.

5. A Spike episode that makes him have to face both an internal and external problem, where he develops and we learn more about his character, aside from being simply an assistant.

6. Another Spike episode where Rarity gets a boyfriend, and Spike has to get over it.

7. More new locations and creatures, possibly outside of Equestria.

8. A sadder episode, similar to Tanks for the Memories, only about Applejack's parents and mentioning death.

9. Shining Armor and Cadance's foal.  :pinkie:

10. Maybe Sunset Shimmer making an appearance.

And finally and most importantly...

11. A two-part finale that is filled with adventure and action, but doesn't rely on Rainbow Power, and instead focuses on developing Twilight's leadership abilities.

About number four, I doubt there will be CMC episodes in S6! And besides, they're disbanded now y'see...Everybody has different opinions and feelings about the CMC's cutie marks at all.

Edited by MAIKUN
  • Brohoof 1

I probably won't be able to watch it when it comes out because my basic training is probably going to be starting around then. So I'll probably have to catch it closer to the second half of it going on and thus miss a lot of the hype.

What I wish in Season Six:

more mane six episodes and less side character's episodes

The Mane Six stayed six ( I don't want Starlight in it)

More Spike ( the poor thing)

What I don't wish in Season Six (if it happened, I'll just have to hate the episodes)

Background Pony episodes like Slice of Life ( I love The Mane Six and Spike so much that I don't care at all about the rest[yes, I don't even care about Derpy, Luna, Trixie])

Starlight in The Mane Six

Starlight being more magic talented than Twilight

Out of character episodes

I'd like to know more about alicorns and their origins. Also a Celestia episode, we already had Luna episodes. And see more country could be awesome, like Saddle Arabia or Zebra's land.

I'm going to be really sad if season 6 is the last season  :(

I'm pretty sure they'll keep it running until the 2017 movie at least. That way it stays fresh in the public eye.

• Brohoof 1

It might just be me, but I’m worried that ratings will be low again. Ratings weren’t exactly high when S5 started in spring, and it looks like S6 will premiere in the spring.

I doubt the staff cares

1) They get most of their money through toys

2) The staff is already aware that they majority of bronies watches the show online or through streams

3) If Discovery Family wants better ratings, they'll have to step up their advertising from the abysmal S5 advertising

I'm still disappointed with the CMC having their Cutie Marks, BUT...there might be no CMC episodes in S6....I'm still hoping for Trixie to return, for an re-match with Twilight.