Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

mega thread Season 6 Waiting Thread (Spoilers)

Blue Moon

Do we need more Manehattan? It's not even that interesting of a place. It's just New York with ponies.

FREAKING THIS.

We have a magical world of magical beings. Don't keep taking us to a normal "Human city but with ponies" city all the time.

I mean, come on, you could whip up some seriously awesome cities here for us to see with magic and whatnot in the mix. Manehattan is lame.

• Brohoof 3

I would like a view of Trottingham myself.  Probably based off of the English Countryside, but certainly a change of pace from ponified urban centers.  Even so, I'm less so for new places (unless it's outside of Equestria), and more so for characterization of pre-existing characters (A Day in the life of the Royal Sisters, anyone?)

Here's what we know of Season 6 so far OFFICIALLY:

* We'll be introduced to Cadence and Shining Armor's baby Flurry Heart some point early on. May or may not be in the premiere episode. (UPDATE: It WAS the premiere; no opener villain for once. Weird.)

* We'll meet Fluttershy's as-yet-to-be-named brother in one episode, as confirmed at the SDCC panel last summer. Since that didn't happen last season, it'll 100% be some point in Season 6. (UPDATE: Episode 11, called "Flutter Brutter" will be his debut. No word on his name yet, but apparently he's described as somewhat of a free-loader.)

* Babs Seed has been apparently confirmed to return this season, having gotten her Cutie Mark off-screen early last season.

* We'll be returning to Manehattan, as confirmed via the season's theme "Explore Equestria". (UPDATE: "The Gift of the Maud Pie" was set ENTIRELY in Manhattan, and Rarity's new shop there will be the plot of "Saddle Rec and Row" on May 21st)

* Discord will probably show up for an episode or two, as usual.

What I'd like to see in Season 6:

* Since Gilda made an awesome return and redemption in Season 5, I'd love to see Trixie at least show up for an episode. Doesn't have to be as groundbreaking as Gilda's return, but I'd like to know what she's been officially been up to since her last appearance in Season 3. After all, the IDW comic's canon-relations with the show is dubious at best and her EQ human counterpart does't count AT ALL. Did a whole thread talking about this elsewhere on the boards. (UPDATE: IT FINALLY FREAKING HAPPENED in "No Second Prances". And it was a pretty good episode. Glad to see Trixie being a nicer pony.)

* It'd be a nice idea to have Sunset Shimmer return to Equestria for an episode to visit Twilight. After all, the ending to Friendship Games hinted this could happen at some point, and such an episode would help the series acknowledge her outside of the Equestria Girls movies.

* I think we're all agreed that, after the success of "Tanks for the Memories" last season, I think it's high time the show gives us the backstory on what OFFICIALLY happened to Applejack's parents. We know they're apparently dead, but HOW they died needs to be explained.

* Also, clarification on Scootaloo's family: does she have one or not?

* A Celestria-centric solo episode wouldn't hurt, as it would help strengthen the character beyond her appearances thus far. (UPDATE: No solo episode YET, but she has been popping up a bit more frequently for cameos, such as in the S6 premiere, "Gauntlet of Fire" (alongside Luna, who was also in the premiere), and "No Second Prances".)

* If we're gonna have more CMC-centric episodes, lumping Starlight Glimmer with them would really help with her friendship lessons whenever we see her. (Update: Evidently not. At least, not YET. Starlight's been mostly with Twilight, who is kinda being an awkward teacher, IMO)

* Unless new villains will be introduced this season (and I'm sure they will be), I'd like to see Chrysalis and the Changelings return for revenge. She hasn't been OFFICIALLY seen since "A Canterlot Wedding" (no, that alternate timeline in "The Cutie Re-Mark" doesn't count; neither do the IDW comics) and the birth of Flurry Heart would make a prime time to try and get revenge. (Update: Oddly enough, the S6 premiere had NO villain, as Flurry Heart accidentally breaking the Crystal Heart was the major source of turmoil this time. Huh. Even so, fingers crossed for later on in the season.)

* Another Gilda appearance would be nice. The surge in the FB and iOS games stuff with her and the Griffion characters from "Lost Treasure of Griffonstone" seems to indicate she may be a recurring supporting cast member on occasion.

* Last but not least, some bigger guest stars would help. Last year we only had Lauren Hall as Rah-Rah in "The Mane Attraction" and that really wasn't much. Maybe bringing in an admitted celebrity MLP fan like Jack Black or even getting Weird Al back (He's openly expressed interest to return as Cheese Sandwich) for an episode would be a fun idea.

Note 5/1/16: I'll be updating this post with stuff as to if happened or not. JSYK.

Edited by MovieLord101

Princess Celestia's School for Gifted Unicorns! Maybe Twilight would come to visit them, or give them a lesson, or even serve as a teacher while Celestia is ill, away or something. I always wished to see how it feels like to go there, and I'm sure Twilight would be of help to them.

This I'd like to see, too.

Spike actually getting an episode of his own that doesn't make him look dumb. Seriously, he's awesome, but almost each of his episodes was awful, and I feel sorry for that, he needs to be developed better!

I liked him saving the day in Equestria Games, but yeah, a lot of his episodes are kinda about him messing up (as was the case in Princess Spike and Equestria Games when he sang the Cloudsdale national anthem) or just doing something kinda unnecessary (like the dragon code in Spike At Your Service), or making him go through needless torture (like Just For Sidekicks). I mean, it's not that I necessarily hate those episodes, but yeah, I kinda wish Spike wasn't just the episode's punching bag for once.

Edited by PGNatsu

If i don't see any Lamiaponies in this season, i consider this season a major dissapointment.

Do you really think i am serious?

Well, if Fluttershy's brother is confirmed then that is her background.  I would like to see:

Family backgrounds for Dash & Scootaloo

I've pointed out before that all the Mane 6 except Dash have had a babysitting episode.  I can see Dash bragging about "How hard can it be?" & finding out the hard way.

If they are doing Season 1 crossovers, a beach episode w the Sea Ponies.

Season 6 should be Spring & Summer of year 2.  So maybe Hearts & Hooves day or another Winter Wrap Up (& Dash getting Tank back)

Oh, & maybe Trixie.  She was supposed to be reforming after Magic Duel, a progress report would be nice 

Edited by sweetolebob18
  • Brohoof 2

Well, if Fluttershy's brother is confirmed then that is her background.  I would like to see:

Family backgrounds for Dash & Scootaloo

I've pointed out before that all the Mane 6 except Dash have had a babysitting episode.  I can see Dash bragging about "How hard can it be?" & finding out the hard way.

If they are doing Season 1 crossovers, a beach episode w the Sea Ponies.

Season 6 should be Spring & Summer of year 2.  So maybe Hearts & Hooves day or another Winter Wrap Up (& Dash getting Tank back)

Oh, & maybe Trixie.  She was supposed to be reforming after Magic Duel, a progress report would be nice 

Again, all the more reason I've been nominating Jack Black to guest star as RD's dad or at least much older brother! His usual rock-and-roll personality matches Dashie's!

Actually, wasn't the point of the episode to show that they've taken on the role of showing other ponies what their marks mean and helping blank flanks find their marks? I have a feeling they'll be going down that road.

The whole point of it was to keep their story going. The writers realized they couldn't be blank flanks forever, so they used that as an excuse to give their cutie marks and keep them as laughable side stories when the focus deviates from the m6.

The whole point of it was to keep their story going. The writers realized they couldn't be blank flanks forever, so they used that as an excuse to give their cutie marks and keep them as laughable side stories when the focus deviates from the m6.

Exactly. I'm not really sure why people think the CMC's story is over when the episode seemed to imply, if not outright say, the opposite.

Edited by PGNatsu
  • Brohoof 1

So, we're two months out and barely any new news. Now I know how Sweetie Belle feels.  :unamused:

Btw, changed my avatar. I always felt Hinata and Fluttershy were very much alike. They're borderline sisters!

Did anybody hear about the season 6 episode name seen on the next shout factory dvd? I've been waiting for this episode for a long time! :pinkie:

Remember what happened last time though? Shout Factory had the title as "Cutie Markless" but the real title was "The Cutie Map"

HERE"S MY PLOT TWIST for SEASON 6: Could the Crusaders be plotting a plan to lose their Cutie Marks a la Megamind so they can resume the search for their Cutie Marks once again? If they do that, I will be crying in tears of joy! ^_^