Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

general Have you ever seen a heavy horse?

Limeblossom

35 users have voted

1. 1. Ever seen one?

• Eeyup
    • Eenope
    • I dunno

Yes I love draft horses! Once I got up close to a ginormous Percheron that was 19 hands high (which is slightly over 6 feet at the withers).

Edited by Quartzy
  • Brohoof 1

(edited)

Yes I love draft horses! Once I got up close to a ginormous Percheron that was 19 hands high (which is slightly over 6 feet at the withers).

That sure is a big one. Was he/she also seeking attention from you? I had also read that Percherons have a curious character, which also goes for Shires and other heavy ones.

Edited by Limeblossom
  • Brohoof 1

That sure is a big one. Was he/she also seeking attention from you? I had also read that Percherons have a curious character, which also goes for Shires and other heavy ones.

It was still too far away to touch (and it was busy dozing if I remember correctly :P)as it was haltered to a rail and no one was allowed to pet it. But it was a behemoth! Hmm...interesting, I certainly hadn't heard that about their temperaments. I take it you are a horse person as well?! :D

Edited by Quartzy

hehe yeah she is a big one, makes all the others in the stable look small :) i wish I had a picture on my computer of her, all my pics are on my phone 

I would love to see a picture of her sometime. Knowing that she is large enough to weigh that much blows my mind. :o

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

Hmm...interesting, I certainly hadn't heard that about their temperaments. I take it you are a horse person as well?! :D

As I said, I've read that. I'm not really a horse person (and I've never ridden one), but heavy horses are really amazing animals.

It was still too far away to touch (and it was busy dozing if I remember correctly :P)as it was haltered to a rail and no one was allowed to pet it. But it was a behemoth!

Wow :blink:, looks like the owner really isolated him.

@@Midnight_Magic: She sure is looking great.

Edited by Limeblossom
  • Brohoof 1

As I said, I've read that. I'm not really a horse person (and I've never ridden one), but heavy horses are really amazing animals.

Wow :blink:, looks like the owner really isolated him.

@@Midnight_Magic: She sure is looking great.

They're majestic, I especially love the Budweiser Clydesdales!

It was just temporarily on display. But yeah I remember the owner being very possessive and super cautious. Lol ^^

Edited by Quartzy
  • Brohoof 1

Yup. Here's my two girls:

Snowdancer, a Belgain mare. Now retired due to arthritis, but in this picture is all dressed up for a jousting show.

Snowdancer2.jpg

And Tempest, a Percheron/Paint cross.

Tempest.jpg

• Brohoof 4

That horse looks like Bulk Biceps to me. (Seriously.)

haha thats what I told my girlfriend, she just needs tiny wings :)

Yup. Here's my two girls:

Snowdancer, a Belgain mare. Now retired due to arthritis, but in this picture is all dressed up for a jousting show.

attachicon.gifSnowdancer2.jpg

And Tempest, a Percheron/Paint cross.

attachicon.gifTempest.jpg

wow their beautiful :) 

• Brohoof 1

We got a little farm here near us and they have several horses. Sometimes they also ride here.

Horses are alot more comin in germany and the middle european countries

Meanwhile, check out this amazing song about heavy horses:

Meanwhile, you get a million brohooves for Jethro Tull. ;)

• Brohoof 1

Here's some Clydesdale trivia my mom told me. In the show "Gunsmoke" actor James Arness was such a big man, he looked a little silly on a regular horse. His horse in the show was a Clydesdale that had his legs shaved so he could pass as a regular horse.

• Brohoof 1

I see heavy horses every day, i have 11 shetland ponys and one of them is a bit on the heavy side. But is's not to bad and to be honest, i dont think it's all fat but maybe somewhere inside there is a little filly:)

Edited by Summer Breeze

(edited)

It was just temporarily on display. But yeah I remember the owner being very possessive and super cautious. Lol ^^

Did he called his horse "my precious"? ;)

Here's some Clydesdale trivia my mom told me. In the show "Gunsmoke" actor James Arness was such a big man, he looked a little silly on a regular horse. His horse in the show was a Clydesdale that had his legs shaved so he could pass as a regular horse.

It explains why his horse looked different from the rest :o.

Edited by Limeblossom
  • Brohoof 2

Did he called his horse "my precious"? ;)

Haha! I never did learn the horse's name....perhaps that's it. I should've asked him if he likes riddles. :comeatus:

• Brohoof 1