Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

private After Destiny

Chaton

@@Ethan Sawyer,@@Unicorncob, @@1Bit,  

"well I guess I should test these things then." holding up her radio to Crystal, "well let's start with ponies in the engineering room then."

"ok then I hope they work."

Sapphire pressed the button and the radio cracked on, "Come in engineering this is, um well, um Sapphire at least for now anyway come it." the radio static crackled as she waited for a response.

"We're reading you loud and clear Sapphire. What's up?"

"Escape pods," Solar explained, smirking under her helmet, "Ever played Haylo?"

As for her other question, "Who said we had to come back here? We could stay there until we figure out how to fix this thing. If the planet has tech, anyway."

"...though," she added, regarding the gate, "What if we had something we could pass through the gate?"

"Well even if we did, we'd need a way to activate the gate. There's probably a dialing pad on one of the consoles in the gateroom. I haven't had time to check the other consoles in this room though, could you tell me what they're showing if there's anything interesting?"

"Who hasn't? Hell, we played it all the time during downtime at the academy. Fun times." Amber smirked. "But I doubt real life works the same way. And plus we don't have a super-pony soldier to help us out here. So I guess we just have to find some way of sorting things out ourselves. With or without a little blue companion."

"Right?" Solar sighed, flopping her ears, "My kingdom for a laser sword right about now..."

"Well even if we did, we'd need a way to activate the gate. There's probably a dialing pad on one of the consoles in the gateroom. I haven't had time to check the other consoles in this room though, could you tell me what they're showing if there's anything interesting?"

"Alrighty, let's see what we got here," She mumbled, looking at the console nearest to her. She noticed a display saying "Dialling".

"...okay so," she muttered, "According to what you just said, either you're drunk, or the pony who built this place was drunk. Because the dialling thing is in here and not the gate room."

Edited by Unicorncob

"Alrighty, let's see what we got here," She mumbled, looking at the console nearest to her. She noticed a display saying "Dialling".

"...okay so," she muttered, "According to what you just said, either you're drunk, or the pony who built this place was drunk. Because the dialling thing is in here and not the gate room."

Scarlett's eyes widened and said "Or the ship has an automated AI that will automatically dial gates when we come in range. It might even know what we need and how to get it! A longshot at best, but it makes sense right? How else does a ship like this survive for so long! We need to get to the gateroom!"

She began sprinting to the gateroom.

Amber stood there with Solar looking blankly as Scarlett ran ahead. She paused for a moment looking at Solar and she raised her left eyebrow at the suddenness of it all. "Well, uh, I guess we're going to the...gateroom." She laughed, gradually breaking into a trot in pursuit of Scarlett's form disappearing around the corner. 

Scarlett's eyes widened and said "Or the ship has an automated AI that will automatically dial gates when we come in range. It might even know what we need and how to get it! A longshot at best, but it makes sense right? How else does a ship like this survive for so long! We need to get to the gateroom!"

She began sprinting to the gateroom.

Amber stood there with Solar looking blankly as Scarlett ran ahead. She paused for a moment looking at Solar and she raised her left eyebrow at the suddenness of it all. "Well, uh, I guess we're going to the...gateroom." She laughed, gradually breaking into a trot in pursuit of Scarlett's form disappearing around the corner. 

Solar looked just as clueless as Amber, and just slowly looked at the mare as her own eyebrow was raised.

"I'm more concerned if there's a bathroom around here," She commented, smirking as she hovered alongside Amber, "Unless you can use a gate as a toilet... remind me to ask Scarlett."

Solar looked just as clueless as Amber, and just slowly looked at the mare as her own eyebrow was raised.

"I'm more concerned if there's a bathroom around here," She commented, smirking as she hovered alongside Amber, "Unless you can use a gate as a toilet... remind me to ask Scarlett."

"Well, um, did the Ancients have bowels? I mean, they must have right? So yeah...bathrooms." Amber paused to collect her thoughts a bit. She was somehow finding it to difficult to choose her words correctly. Was it the lack of air? The temperature? She didn't feel too great. "Let me guess, bathrooms are on the parts of the ship we can't get to. That'd be just our luck."

Scarlett ran into the gateroom just after the unstable vortex rushed out from the gate the then plunged back in settling into the puddle she knew as the event horizon. At the same time, all of the pones in the room had rushed to the side as the vortex emerged as to get outside of the range of the thing that could vaporise them.

"Scarlett, Solar was wonderin- WOAH!" Amber exclaimed in surprise as she casually walked into the gateroom only to witness the vortex rush out before her, almost blinding her. "Sweet celestia! What the heck's going on? I thought the portal- I mean, stargate, was out of commission or something?"

"Scarlett, Solar was wonderin- WOAH!" Amber exclaimed in surprise as she casually walked into the gateroom only to witness the vortex rush out before her, almost blinding her. "Sweet celestia! What the heck's going on? I thought the portal- I mean, stargate, was out of commission or something?"

Scarlett smiled gleefully at the active gate "Nope, we just hadn't found out how to dial it! I guess the Destiny did that for us on this occasion."

Scarlett then walked over to one of the two consoles nearby in the room and found it now displayed gate information, as well as a list of addresses to dial. "We also have a DHD! But how are we going to get back? Gates are only one way."

'So that's how it is. No resources available. Damn it. We need to restock, even if that means finding resources from a planet. But how do we get down to a planet? The Gate? That is the only option. Risks? Too many to count. We're out of options. We need fresh air. They'll die in just over a day.

While contemplating the options, Specter could feel the activation of the gate. To say he became very alert of possible danger, he disconnected from the computer and quickly rushed to the Gate room. Seeing it active. He made his way over to the console connected to the gate and started work on maintaining this link that was made. Why can wait. Right now, this may be the last chance they get to fix their problem.

@Ethan Sawyer

"I don't think I need to explain our situation. You're a smart pony. I hate risks, but you understand what we need to do."

Edited by Child Of Darkness

"Holy moly!" Solar yelped, watching the gate come to life with a vortex, "So we can get to some other places! Food! Water! Oxygen! Indoor plumbing!"

Scarlett smiled gleefully at the active gate "Nope, we just hadn't found out how to dial it! I guess the Destiny did that for us on this occasion."

Scarlett then walked over to one of the two consoles nearby in the room and found it now displayed gate information, as well as a list of addresses to dial. "We also have a DHD! But how are we going to get back? Gates are only one way."

She began tapping her armoured chin with her hoof, thinking of possibilities.

"Do we have anything we could send in there, then bring back?" She suggested, "Like, we could remote-control it somehow?"

In the central intersection, she spotted a little ball-like thing. Fluttering over, she saw a remote sitting next to it.

"Like this thing!" She called, "We can throw my ball in there!"

Edited by Unicorncob

"I'll go myself if I have to. Then again, do we actually have any other scientists on board?" she said to Specter.

She then turned to Solar and said "We can throw your what? What is that? Can I see it?"

Scarlett walked closer to take a look at it, and saw it's design. Realising Solar had a remote, she said "Throw it in to the air please, I need to check something. Don't ask why, lets just say I have a hunch."

She stepped back, expecting Solar to throw the thing in the air.

As she was instructed, Solar picked up the thing in her hoof and tossed it up in the air. Said thing then began to hover, staying steadily in the air between the two mares.

"Ooh, I did a thing!" She chirped, grinning beneath her helmet before picking up the remote, "Let's see what it can do!"

As she was instructed, Solar picked up the thing in her hoof and tossed it up in the air. Said thing then began to hover, staying steadily in the air between the two mares.

"Ooh, I did a thing!" She chirped, grinning beneath her helmet before picking up the remote, "Let's see what it can do!"

"Oh my god, so that's how they do it. You know how we have MALPS, the machines we send through the gate to check stuff? I think this is the ancients version. Except it flies. When Ancients do stuff, they do it big. They do everything big. Can you control it from that remote? Or more importantly, do you have access to a camera of some sorts on it?"

"Oh my god, so that's how they do it. You know how we have MALPS, the machines we send through the gate to check stuff? I think this is the ancients version. Except it flies. When Ancients do stuff, they do it big. They do everything big. Can you control it from that remote? Or more importantly, do you have access to a camera of some sorts on it?"

Solar pushed a stick on the remote, and the sphere floated forward a few meters. She grinned and started playing around with it, making it circle Scarlett in the air. "Cool, I have a robot buddy!"

She flipped a switch on the remote, and a screen flipped on, showing a zoomed-in image of Scarlett's face. "I see you!"

"Aw come on Solar! You gotta share!" Amber sneaked over and grabbed the remote, making the fascinating flying machine do pirouettes and dances around Scarlett and then around Solar. "This guy is so cool! Can we keep him? Please can we keep him, Scarlett?" She crawled up to Scarlett with her hooves in a prayer, looking up with puppy eyes.

• Brohoof 1

Solar pushed a stick on the remote, and the sphere floated forward a few meters. She grinned and started playing around with it, making it circle Scarlett in the air. "Cool, I have a robot buddy!"

She flipped a switch on the remote, and a screen flipped on, showing a zoomed-in image of Scarlett's face. "I see you!"

"Oh my god, that is amazing. That will be so useful." She grabbed the thing out the air and started looking at it "Wow, this thing is advanced. I wonder if it has sensors. What should we call it? Maybe Kino! After the russian scientist!"

"Aw come on Solar! You gotta share!" Amber sneaked over and grabbed the remote, making the fascinating flying machine do pirouettes and dances around Scarlett and then around Solar. "This guy is so cool! Can we keep him? Please can we keep him, Scarlett?" She crawled up to Scarlett with her hooves in a prayer, looking up with puppy eyes.

She looked up at Amber slowly. "Nah" She threw it towards the gate and it began to float in the air. "Send it through!"

"Kino?" Solar repeated, raising an eyebrow, then shrugged, "Cool, I like it!"

"Who said you can decide?" She asked, smirking as she sent the Kino through the vortex, "My robot, so I say we keep it." She stuck her tongue out at the unicorn, acting as mature as ever for her age.

"Oh my god, that is amazing. That will be so useful." She grabbed the thing out the air and started looking at it "Wow, this thing is advanced. I wonder if it has sensors. What should we call it? Maybe Kino! After the russian scientist!"

She looked up at Amber slowly. "Nah" She threw it towards the gate and it began to float in the air. "Send it through!"

"Hey! Be careful with that. It may not be sentient but at least treat it with some care. I swear if that thing takes damage from your poor care, I'll be taking your new toy off of you. Don't test me. Anyway, make sure to keep looking at that monitor and keep us informed on what you find."

@Ethan Sawyer

"Oh, and that warning goes for you too. Mate."

@1Bit

"And you."

Edited by Child Of Darkness

"Kino?" Solar repeated, raising an eyebrow, then shrugged, "Cool, I like it!"

"Who said you can decide?" She asked, smirking as she sent the Kino through the vortex, "My robot, so I say we keep it." She stuck her tongue out at the unicorn, acting as mature as ever for her age.

Scarlett just turned around and stared at Solar. She just sat there, and stared. Her eyes slowly boring their way through Solar's head. If you were to look into that stare, you would most likely see the fury of a thousand realities and all of time and space. And Scarlett had a response. A very very good response. 

"Do you want to die mate?"

• Brohoof 1

Scarlett just turned around and stared at Solar. She just sat there, and stared. Her eyes slowly boring their way through Solar's head. If you were to look into that stare, you would most likely see the fury of a thousand realities and all of time and space. And Scarlett had a response. A very very good response. 

"Do you want to die mate?"

Solar was almost amused by how angry Scarlett looked. All she did was stick her tongue out at her; are tongues offensive where she came from?

She just got onto her hooves and stared her down, though not nearly as intensely.

"I'll deck you straight in the gabba, matey," she said, "Swear on me mum."

• Brohoof 1

Solar was almost amused by how angry Scarlett looked. All she did was stick her tongue out at her; are tongues offensive where she came from?

She just got onto her hooves and stared her down, though not nearly as intensely.

Scarlett smirked and then stuck her tounge back at her before jumping up and bucking the Kino through the gate "Ancient devices are also extremely durable. How else do you think all of this has survived all this time, mostly."

She turned to look at the console from accross the room as it beeped and she almost squee'd as she said "Yes! Planetary data! Probably."

"Oi lads, no need to swear on ya mum. All that'll get ya is an absolute mashing." Amber cleared her throat, putting herself between the two. "Now Solar, how 'bout you bugger off back there and let Scarlett do the science, innit?" She slowly pushed Solar across the room, although the intense gaze of the two ponies never left each other. "Or I'll bash you one instead of her, yeah?"

Scarlett smirked and then stuck her tounge back at her before jumping up and bucking the Kino through the gate "Ancient devices are also extremely durable. How else do you think all of this has survived all this time, mostly."

She turned to look at the console from accross the room as it beeped and she almost squee'd as she said "Yes! Planetary data! Probably." 

"Wait, it actually works? Awesome!" Amber yelled out happily. "Well, uh, Scarlett, what's the down low on the planet then? Hostile? Friendly? Gas? Ooh ooh! Are we going to have to fight a GIANT space worm?!"

"Oi lads, no need to swear on ya mum. All that'll get ya is an absolute mashing." Amber cleared her throat, putting herself between the two. "Now Solar, how 'bout you bugger off back there and let Scarlett do the science, innit?" She slowly pushed Solar across the room, although the intense gaze of the two ponies never left each other. "Or I'll bash you one instead of her, yeah?"

"Wait, it actually works? Awesome!" Amber yelled out happily. "Well, uh, Scarlett, what's the down low on the planet then? Hostile? Friendly? Gas? Ooh ooh! Are we going to have to fight a GIANT space worm?!"

"I'm not sure if you've noticed, but I am not currently standing next to the console. But I shall be in a moment!"

She walked over to the console and took a look through the Kino feed. "It seems safe, enough oxygen to support life and not any measurable toxins. We should get Specter to check it though. Specter, please come over here and take a look!"

"Hey!" Solar yelped, holding out a hoof toward the vortex, "Don't kick my robot! That's my job!"

She did, however, look surprised when Amber got in her face.

"I thought you were on my side," she muttered, then scowled and dropped the remote, "Fine, let Little Miss Science do all the work. AS USUAL."

She stormed off toward the door, putting her visor back on and fuming.

"Don't need any of them," she mumbled, "They can have their stupid science, see if I care."