Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

private After Destiny

Chaton

She did, however, look surprised when Amber got in her face. "I thought you were on my side," she muttered, then scowled and dropped the remote, "Fine, let Little Miss Science do all the work. AS USUAL."   She stormed off toward the door, putting her visor back on and fuming.   "Don't need any of them," she mumbled, "They can have their stupid science, see if I care."

"Wait wait wait wait wait no no no no NO!" Amber's breath quickened. "Solar I was joking!" She took off at full speed, using her wings for the first time since the beginning of all this and flew through the doorway after Solar. "I didn't mean it! It was just a joke!"

"Wait wait wait wait wait no no no no NO!" Amber's breath quickened. "Solar I was joking!" She took off at full speed, using her wings for the first time since the beginning of all this and flew through the doorway after Solar. "I didn't mean it! It was just a joke!"

Solar halted as Amber stopped in front of her and insisted that she was just joking.

Thinking about it, she had been on her side regarding science before, so why would she suddenly turn on her now?

"...I'm sorry," she sighed, lifting her visor back up to reveal her closed eyes, "I'm just... really on edge right now. You didn't deserve that."

"I'm not sure if you've noticed, but I am not currently standing next to the console. But I shall be in a moment!"

She walked over to the console and took a look through the Kino feed. "It seems safe, enough oxygen to support life and not any measurable toxins. We should get Specter to check it though. Specter, please come over here and take a look!"

"Alright. I'll take a look." Specter hovered over to the console and took a look at the readings coming back from Kino. To be entirely honest, he wasn't sure what else he could add. "Kino's sensors are old, but these results should still be acceptably and sufficiently accurate. Though I don't know what you expected off me. Sure the planet looks like we could remain on it for a short time and maybe find some resources. It looks like it's mostly sand. So not much to be found. Without going myself, I can't add anything to this that would have any value."

Solar halted as Amber stopped in front of her and insisted that she was just joking.

Thinking about it, she had been on her side regarding science before, so why would she suddenly turn on her now?

"...I'm sorry," she sighed, lifting her visor back up to reveal her closed eyes, "I'm just... really on edge right now. You didn't deserve that."

"Hey hey, its okay! its okay!" She offered a sincere smile to Solar. "If I knew you were so on edge, I wouldn't have opened my stupid big mouth like I did. I'm the one who should be sorry." Her eyes fell to the floor and she twirled her hoof around awkwardly. "But things will turn out okay, yeah? No reason to be on edge with all of us here! We got your back." 

@@Ethan Sawyer,@@Unicorncob, @@1Bit,  

Both Sapphire and Crystal and infact the other 70 odd ponies in the room watched these three and a robot come in, like they should off, then act like fillies then try to fight one another then go back to work, "um what was that?" Crystal asking Sapphire, "oh I am going to have a word with those three ponies."

Sapphire walked over  while Crystal and a few others helped with the controls.

Sapphire gave them a piece of her mind "WHAT IN HEY WAS THAT WE NEED TO BE THE LEADERS OF THIS SHIP, by Luna start acting like it!" She acted like she was scolding a filly

Edited by Emerald Bolt

"Hey hey, its okay! its okay!" She offered a sincere smile to Solar. "If I knew you were so on edge, I wouldn't have opened my stupid big mouth like I did. I'm the one who should be sorry." Her eyes fell to the floor and she twirled her hoof around awkwardly. "But things will turn out okay, yeah? No reason to be on edge with all of us here! We got your back." 

"Well, I mean, it's not like I told anypony," Solar admitted, sighing and shaking her head, "Until now, anyway. I should've realised you were just kidding."

She recollected what Amber said to her before, and let out a snicker. "Thinking about it, it was pretty funny."

Edited by Unicorncob

"Alright. I'll take a look." Specter hovered over to the console and took a look at the readings coming back from Kino. To be entirely honest, he wasn't sure what else he could add. "Kino's sensors are old, but these results should still be acceptably and sufficiently accurate. Though I don't know what you expected off me. Sure the planet looks like we could remain on it for a short time and maybe find some resources. It looks like it's mostly sand. So not much to be found. Without going myself, I can't add anything to this that would have any value."

"Huh, I just thought you might see something that I didn't. I sometimes skip over information. Thanks anyway!" She turned to Sapphire and said "We need to put a team together so we can go through, I think there will be some Calcite we need on the other side. It is a desert after all. I'm shutting the gate down for now though" she said as the gate powered down due to her hoof being on the button.

@@Ethan Sawyer,@@Unicorncob, @@1Bit,

Both Sapphire and Crystal and infact the other 70 odd ponies in the room watched these three and a robot come in, like they should off, then act like fillies then try to fight one another then go back to work, "um what was that?" Crystal asking Sapphire, "oh I am going to have a word with those three ponies."

Sapphire walked over and picked up all three of them with her magic and walked them into the corridor outside, while Crystal and a few others took over the controls.

Outside

Sapphire dumped them outside "WHAT IN HEY WAS THAT WE NEED TO BE THE LEADERS OF THIS SHIP, by Luna start acting like it!" She acted like she was scolding a filly

Oh for crying out loud. We're in the middle of saving our lives. Have some consideration.

Specter activated stealth to sneak up on Sapphire and deactivated stealth in front of her. His usual blue glow replaced with red, and his voice became much more metallic. His way of showing anger. "Listen closely. I don't repeat myself. I understand you're thinking of everyone, but we're in the middle of possibly saving everyone from dying and you think it's okay to drag the entire team away for a chat!? The only one that needs scolding for inappropriate actions is you. So if you care about everyone's life, maybe you should think before you act. And if you continue to threaten the safety of everyone aboard this ship, measures will be taken. I made a promise to keep as many people alive as possible, and I won't have the likes of you messing this up. Stand down."

(Someone gone and got the robot angry)

Edited by Child Of Darkness

@@Child Of Darkness,

Sapphire was taken back from that, "but...I..." her ears went down and she then looked down. "Hey! What are you doing scolding her for that she's not in the wrong!" Crystal was now standing next to Sapphire, "you just leave her alone she's trying to help everypony and nopony wanted her job you, do it if you think it so easy!"

@@Child Of Darkness,

Sapphire was taken back from that, "but...I..." her ears went down and she then looked down. "Hey! What are you doing scolding her for that she's not in the wrong!" Crystal was now standing next to Sapphire, "you just leave her alone she's trying to help everypony and nopony wanted her job you, do it if you think it so easy!"

It was at this moment that Scarlett decided to intervene. She spoke up and said "I have an idea, a really good idea. How about we actually go and do something and get some material so we can carry on breathing, or we can waste our breath with currently unimportant situation."

It was at this moment that Scarlett decided to intervene. She spoke up and said "I have an idea, a really good idea. How about we actually go and do something and get some material so we can carry on breathing, or we can waste our breath with currently unimportant situation."

"Yeah, um, gals...we can continue all this later when we AREN'T slowly dying if we really must, but I'm already bored of this ship so a chance at doing something else sounds good to me." Amber quietly stepped in, scared that she wasn't really in her place. "I mean, that's not an unreasonable idea, right?"

She was not the only one, the state of idleness along with tedious conflict between them induced a slight headache. He had finished helping the medics in relieve duty, And now, now he was bored -- bored unto submission, and slowing losing his mind in the process, he leaned against the wall and whispered to himself, "Great, 'it's a great career booster,' she said." reflecting back on how his agent got to convince him to make a documentation of the Gate, as he see the room in the state of mild chaos. As much as he loves the possibility of adventure as much to the next pony, this one, well, this one is totally not up to his standards.

@@Child Of Darkness,

@@Child Of Darkness, Sapphire was taken back from that, "but...I..." her ears went down and she then looked down. "Hey! What are you doing scolding her for that she's not in the wrong!" Crystal was now standing next to Sapphire, "you just leave her alone she's trying to help everypony and nopony wanted her job you, do it if you think it so easy!"

"Not in the wrong? Not in the wrong!? Excuse me, but what part of her action was correct? Sure, the people supposedly in charge acted like children, they deserve to be told to behave. But, if we miss something important because we got pulled away from the sensors, we don't get to resupply, the air stops filtering and you all suffocate, which direction will hooves be pointing? I don't know how your minds work, I'm a machine that operates on logic, reasoning and knowledge. I'd think my point is quite clear if you take a moment and think. I've been alive for millions of years, I have created a plan of action for almost every possible outcome that threatens someone's life. I was designed for situations like this. Emotions can get in the way, cloud vision, lead to rash judgment. And failure. Sorry for being so blunt about it, but we're doing our best and we are the only ones who have at least some understanding of what is going on and how we can survive. We fail, you all die. Understand that we have the lives of everyone resting on us too. But at least think before you act irrationally. You think her Sapphires job is hard, try our job. Then talk to me about a tough job."

(Wanted to post this sooner. Then I got connection issues to the website. Good times. About 3 hours this took. GG.)

Dust's face picked up a grimaced expression as conversation heated up, perhaps distancing himself would be a good idea in case hooves went flying, He joined up with some of the ponies apparently distancing themselves from the conflict just as he was, walking pass them and continued further down a corridor leading to another section of the ship. But as he took his initial steps and lying one hoof on the very corridor's floor -- whether it was a coincidence or something very bad about to happen, was inconclusive -- a loud heavy creaking sound fell unto his ears, he recalled the sound to be somewhat similar to submarines experiencing excessive pressure. The ponies near him heard it as well, "Sush!" he reacted, gesturing everypony to be quiet as if the sound rivaled the sound of bickering, "Anypony hear that?" Dust then looked down towards the corridor and said, "I have a bad feeling about this."

Solar blinked as Amber apparently just brushed her off to join the apparent argument between Sapphire, Scarlett, Crystal and Specter.

What was with everypony and just ditching her without a word or pushing her out of the way? Was she that unimportant?

That thought, along with all the yelling, was causing her frustration to reach a boiling point. So much so that she unhooked her helmet from her suit and slammed it on the ground before storming over to them.

"For Celestia's sake, would you all SHUT THE BUCK UP!!" She roared at the arguing ponies.

"You keep going on and on about how your jobs aren't as important or as hard as somepony else's, but at least you have jobs! What the hell do I have to do?! NOTHING! Nopony will even give me a chance to try and be helpful. I'm always pushed out of the way! You know what the hardest job here is?! Trying to cope with feeling so bucking USELESS."

With that, she stormed back to her helmet and put it back on.

Dust's face picked up a grimaced expression as conversation heated up, perhaps distancing himself would be a good idea in case hooves went flying, He joined up with some of the ponies apparently distancing themselves from the conflict just as he was, walking pass them and continued further down a corridor leading to another section of the ship. But as he took his initial steps and lying one hoof on the very corridor's floor -- whether it was a coincidence or something very bad about to happen, was inconclusive -- a loud heavy creaking sound fell unto his ears, he recalled the sound to be somewhat similar to submarines experiencing excessive pressure. The ponies near him heard it as well, "Sush!" he reacted, gesturing everypony to be quiet as if the sound rivaled the sound of bickering, "Anypony hear that?" Dust then looked down towards the corridor and said, "I have a bad feeling about this."

As she approached Dust, her ears flicked as she indeed heard a creaking noise. She sniffed, still upset, but registered it.

"Why don't we just get them to do it?" She asked bitterly, her voice hoarse from her outburst, and nodded toward the arguing ponies, "They're the ones who do anything around here, apparently."

Edited by Unicorncob

"Ugh, I can't take this anymore." Amber wasn't sure why, but she was just done. The arguing, the shouting, the chaos. She was just done. She threw her hooves up into the air in frustration and turned her back on the ponies. "Maybe when y'all have kissed and made up, maybe then you can come and find me again, because right now I am DONE listening to ALL of you!" 

The situation indeed changed, but not for the better. Dust intended to steer some of them from this heat. "Exactly how old is this ship?" He asked, to anypony pony at this point, the survivors seemed to be clueless, so he hoped that the pony clad in armor beside him has the answer -- not like he needed the answer, it was a question just to put everypony's mind at another matter, hopefully. Another loud grating noise occurred, even louder this time, it'll be stupefying if this one didn't draw the attention of everypony in the ship. "Alright, that noise certainly does not ring 'brand new'." Dust continued.

"Why is it so hard for everypony to just get along, not fight and get things done around here? I mean, sure, all of this is a little bit weird and a little bit sudden but we should be over that by now!" Amber cried to herself, in a soliloquy of frustration and sadness. She sat with her head facing a nearby bulkhead. She found her eyes having little to do besides inspecting the intricacies of the metal and all of it's compartments, hoping to qualm her annoyances slightly. Not that it helped. Her internal rage and depression kept swirling like a hurricane in her head. "Solar and Scarlett seems to be the only ponies with even a slightly calm attitude half the time...I mean, things don't seem TOO bad but something's definitely off."

Scarlett heard the grinding, but 8gbored it in favour of sorting out their current problem. She had by this time reached the end of her tether. When she shouted, you could literally feel the heat radiating off of her "I SWEAR TO LUNA IF YOU ALL DONT GET YOUR SH*T TOGETHER RIGHT NOW, I AM GOING TO DRAG YOU ALL THROUGH THAT DAMN GATE MYSELF"

She stood there for a moment, composing herself. She stood up straight once more and said "We need to get the materials so we can carry on breathing. The longer we stay here and argue, the less time we have. So, let's go. All right?"

Solar just sat down, facing a corner, and stared down at her hooves. She was still angry, albeit de-energised by her outburst, and she didn't want to swallow her pride and apologise for yelling.

But at the same time, she began thinking that her attitude was jeopardising her friendship with Amber. What if she didn't want to talk to her again after this?

She was her only friend on this ship... or, well, in the solar system now, and the thought of being alienated like that made her start to tear up.

Scarlett heard the grinding, but 8gbored it in favour of sorting out their current problem. She had by this time reached the end of her tether. When she shouted, you could literally feel the heat radiating off of her "I SWEAR TO LUNA IF YOU ALL DONT GET YOUR SH*T TOGETHER RIGHT NOW, I AM GOING TO DRAG YOU ALL THROUGH THAT DAMN GATE MYSELF"

She stood there for a moment, composing herself. She stood up straight once more and said "We need to get the materials so we can carry on breathing. The longer we stay here and argue, the less time we have. So, let's go. All right?"

She didn't move, not even so much as turning her head.

"You know what parts we need," she said, her voice quiet and shaky from emotion, "What does anypony need a not-scientific mare for?"

"We need you because we need everyone. We need as many ponies as we can to help, because we're going to have to bring quite a bit back. We may even need to split up. If one pony that could help does not help, we may not survive. Every pony is vital to every other ponies survival! "

Solar just sat down, facing a corner, and stared down at her hooves. She was still angry, albeit de-energised by her outburst, and she didn't want to swallow her pride and apologise for yelling.

But at the same time, she began thinking that her attitude was jeopardising her friendship with Amber. What if she didn't want to talk to her again after this?

She was her only friend on this ship... or, well, in the solar system now, and the thought of being alienated like that made her start to tear up.

She didn't move, not even so much as turning her head.

"You know what parts we need," she said, her voice quiet and shaky from emotion, "What does anypony need a not-scientific mare for?"

"Alright. You want to be helpful, I have an idea of what you could do. Actually, I have a few. I'll let you pick one.

One: These ponies need a safe place outside of the gate room. We need someone to scout out the ship and fine everyone somewhere safe. Do that and every gets some peace of mind. It would be a huge help.

Two: The bulkhead of this ship is making noises that it shouldn't. Most likely in the sealed off areas or the outside. We need someone with an exo-suit who can survive zero oxygen and zero gravity to find some form of damage the ship may have taken.

Three: I'll be going through the gate shortly to find these resources we need. My sensors are hundreds of years more advance than Kino, I could find the parts we need with little effort. We're not going to have many volunteers, so any help you can offer on the outside: digging, carrying, moral support, keeping everyone safe. All of these jobs are important. You may do which ever one you think you'll be best at."

@Ethan Sawyer

Specter remained motionless and silent for a few moments before his light turned back to its regular blue, along with his voice returning to its normal sound.

"I apologise for my outburst. I was acting out of concern for everyone's life. If what I did was considered inappropriate, I shall review my data on this chain of events and alter my programming to address it accordingly in the future."

"We need you because we need everyone. We need as many ponies as we can to help, because we're going to have to bring quite a bit back. We may even need to split up. If one pony that could help does not help, we may not survive. Every pony is vital to every other ponies survival! "

Solar didn't turn her head, but she did listen to Scarlett. She sniffled and bit her lip, taking in what she was saying.

"But," she muttered, her voice still weak, "I always get pushed out of the way..."

"Alright. You want to be helpful, I have an idea of what you could do. Actually, I have a few. I'll let you pick one.

One: These ponies need a safe place outside of the gate room. We need someone to scout out the ship and fine everyone somewhere safe. Do that and every gets some peace of mind. It would be a huge help.

Two: The bulkhead of this ship is making noises that it shouldn't. Most likely in the sealed off areas or the outside. We need someone with an exo-suit who can survive zero oxygen and zero gravity to find some form of damage the ship may have taken.

Three: I'll be going through the gate shortly to find these resources we need. My sensors are hundreds of years more advance than Kino, I could find the parts we need with little effort. We're not going to have many volunteers, so any help you can offer on the outside: digging, carrying, moral support, keeping everyone safe. All of these jobs are important. You may do which ever one you think you'll be best at."

Her head rose up a bit at hearing Specter, one she did not expect to try and comfort her, offer her some jobs to do.

Her suit did have exo-properties, so she could indeed investigate what was going on with the ship. Plus, she was quite good at scouting. Two birds with one stone.

"Yeah, I'll do that," she decided, and got up and smiled at Spectre and Scarlet, "Thanks."

She looked around for Amber, but didn't see her anywhere. Blinking, she headed out of the room, and tried checking the engineering room for her.

Edited by Unicorncob

"Wuh- huh?" Amber snapped back to reality as she heard hoofsteps approaching her location. It didn't take much to recognise the pony as none other than Solar, staring at her from the doorway. "S-solar, what are you doing here? Shouldn't you be with the others?" She fought to hold back more tears, stuttering on every word. "I-I...can't go back. I just can't take all of this anymore..."

"Wuh- huh?" Amber snapped back to reality as she heard hoofsteps approaching her location. It didn't take much to recognise the pony as none other than Solar, staring at her from the doorway. "S-solar, what are you doing here? Shouldn't you be with the others?" She fought to hold back more tears, stuttering on every word. "I-I...can't go back. I just can't take all of this anymore..."

"Well," Solar said, slowly walking toward her friend, "I thought we could go explore the ship? We don't have to go back to the others, just you and me." She grinned.

She gently put a hoof onto the mare's shoulder. "I was gonna go scout the place out and see what's making that noise under the ship. I thought we could go together, would save us both talking to ourselves for a few hours."