Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

private After Destiny

Chaton

"Huh? Wha'?" Solar mumbled, shaking her head and coming back down to... well, the spaceship, "I'm here, hello. I was totally paying attention to whatever you guys just said. Yeah."

"Oh really?" Amber giggled, shuffling closer to the mare. "Yes I'm sure you were totally paying attention to all of that. And that's obviously the reason why you still haven't asked for your suit back. I mean--" She did a small twirl in the suit in front of Solar, just so she got a good view of the fact she was wearing it. "Do you not want it back?" She wiggled about in it, laughing. 

"We've got just over 11 hours to search, and I doubt that people in this universe have the same style as we ponies do. I doubt they even have the word tomb in their vocabulary."

"11 hours sounds like a ton! I know there's a lot of ground to search, but it can't be that hard with the 70-something ponies we have here?" She smiled at Scarlett, full of optimism. "We'll get things done when we're there as quick as possible."

"Huh?" She muttered, then shook her head a bit, "No no, I'm cool. Just... sorry about that earlier. I kinda exploded and nopony deserved it. And now my throat kinda hurts."

She glanced down, avoiding eye contact with Scarlett, more out of shame than anything. "So, yeah, sorry..."

"Don't apologise about it, I kinda deserved it. I'm focusing too much on saving everypony but I forget that I'm going to have to live with you all tomorrow. And you have a sore throat? I'm not medic but I can help with a sore throat."

She quickly cast a small pain reduction spell on Solar's throat "How's that?"

"11 hours sounds like a ton! I know there's a lot of ground to search, but it can't be that hard with the 70-something ponies we have here?" She smiled at Scarlett, full of optimism. "We'll get things done when we're there as quick as possible."

"You'd be surprised how fast 11 hours goes when you're in the constant heat."

"Don't apologise about it, I kinda deserved it. I'm focusing too much on saving everypony but I forget that I'm going to have to live with you all tomorrow. And you have a sore throat? I'm not medic but I can help with a sore throat."

She quickly cast a small pain reduction spell on Solar's throat "How's that?"

"I think we all forgot about that," Solar admitted, giving an awkward chuckle, before raising her head for Scarlett to cast the spell. Indeed, the scratchy feeling in her throat had died down.

"Oh that's far better, thanks doc!" She chirped, her voice much stronger. She was already starting to like this mare.

"Oh really?" Amber giggled, shuffling closer to the mare. "Yes I'm sure you were totally paying attention to all of that. And that's obviously the reason why you still haven't asked for your suit back. I mean--" She did a small twirl in the suit in front of Solar, just so she got a good view of the fact she was wearing it. "Do you not want it back?" She wiggled about in it, laughing. 

Solar pouted, cheeks blushing red again as Amber teased her, and she flexed her hoof in a 'gimme' motion. "Get your own, moocher." She joked, smirking at her friend.

"I think we all forgot about that," Solar admitted, giving an awkward chuckle, before raising her head for Scarlett to cast the spell. Indeed, the scratchy feeling in her throat had died down.

"Oh that's far better, thanks doc!" She chirped, her voice much stronger. She was already starting to like this mare.

Solar pouted, cheeks blushing red again as Amber teased her, and she flexed her hoof in a 'gimme' motion. "Get your own, moocher." She joked, smirking at her friend.

Scarlett put the dialling sequence in to the gate and it began spinning. She quickly shouted "Keep the area in front of the gate clear!" before waking back over to Solar "You know, if you want you could use my suit. I don't use it much these days, but if you want you could give it a test. See which things you want me to add to your suit once we haven't, you know, died."

"For Celestia's sake, get a room ya'll two." Flame shook his head disapprovingly and turned to Scarlet who was sporting some the kind of suit similar to the on Ember was wearing.

Scarlett put the dialling sequence in to the gate and it began spinning. She quickly shouted "Keep the area in front of the gate clear!" before waking back over to Solar "You know, if you want you could use my suit. I don't use it much these days, but if you want you could give it a test. See which things you want me to add to your suit once we haven't, you know, died."

"Does EVERYONE need these suits? 'Cause if so somepony neglected telling me about them."

Edited by Fl@mstre@k1990

"Nah, I'd much rather use yours." She giggled. Wait no! That sounds...wrong. "I-I mean, uh, yeah I sure should j-just get my own...suit. I should ask S-scarlett." Her fuzzy cheeks glowed a bright red.

Oh no no, please don't Scarlett, I don't think I can handle that... Amber's blush only grew by the second as so many thoughts crept into her mind about Solar. So many, horribly lovely thoughts.

"Nah, I'd much rather use yours." She giggled. Wait no! That sounds...wrong. "I-I mean, uh, yeah I sure should j-just get my own...suit. I should ask S-scarlett." Her fuzzy cheeks glowed a bright red.

Oh no no, please don't Scarlett, I don't think I can handle that... Amber's blush only grew by the second as so many thoughts crept into her mind about Solar. So many, horribly lovely thoughts.

Scarlett stood there smirking for a moment, before saying "You know I can't just make new suits right? I can't just, well actually, nevermind."

She then saw Amber blushing and had to restrain a squee. She truly was a master of shipping. Suddenly the unstable vortex of the gats rushed past her behind and she just said to the ponies in front of her "Well, you all ready to go?" as the vortex subsided.

Scarlett stood there smirking for a moment, before saying "You know I can't just make new suits right? I can't just, well actually, nevermind."

She then saw Amber blushing and had to restrain a squee. She truly was a master of shipping. Suddenly the unstable vortex of the gats rushed past her behind and she just said to the ponies in front of her "Well, you all ready to go?" as the vortex subsided.

Flamestreak offered a scowling glare at Amber and Solar disapproving of their sudden real life soap opera, Flame moved his eyes to Scarlett opening his to muzzle to speak

"Not sure about these two lovebirds but I'm ready. Do we have everything we need?"

Edited by Fl@mstre@k1990

Flamestreak offered a scowling glare at Amber and Solar disapproving of their sudden real life soap opera, Flame moved his eyes to Scarlett opening his to muzzle to speak

"Not sure about these two lovebirds but I'm ready. Do we have everything we need?"

"Not quite actually, could you search that blue crate over to the right of the gate? You're looking for a chemical tester and a PDA. The tester will look like a glass tube with a metal cap at the top and bottom. I'm going to grab a few saddlebags, we're going to need to have some way to get the sand back here."

"L-lovebirds?! What do you mean?!" Amber gasped, stuttering on all her words and almost falling over herself. "Mmf." She bit her lip, unsure what else to say. Instead, she simply distanced herself from Solar slightly and kept her eyes staring at the floor. It was getting increasingly hard to hide her blushing. "Can we just go now..."

Solar tilted her head, considering the idea. She should probably use some kind of suit down in that planet, because aside from a buckload of sand, she had no idea what to expect.

"Sure, I can do that," She agreed, grinning at the unicorn, "What's it do?"

"I'm just kidding," she snickered, gently bumping her shoulder against Amber's, "You can use it if you want!"

"L-lovebirds?" She muttered, cheeks flushing red again, "W-we're not... shut your face!" She brushed her hoof on the floor.

"L-lovebirds?! What do you mean?!" Amber gasped, stuttering on all her words and almost falling over herself. "Mmf." She bit her lip, unsure what else to say. Instead, she simply distanced herself from Solar slightly and kept her eyes staring at the floor. It was getting increblushing. "Can we just go now..."

"L-lovebirds?" She muttered, cheeks flushing red again, "W-we're not... shut your face!"

"That's what I mean." Flame mused flatly. "If you're really trying convince me you didn't like each other that I doubt y'all be blushing so hard.....or be stuttering so much."

"Not quite actually, could you search that blue crate over to the right of the gate? You're looking for a chemical tester and a PDA. The tester will look like a glass tube with a metal cap at the top and bottom. I'm going to grab a few saddlebags, we're going to need to have some way to get the sand back here."

​"Ok a chemical tester and PDA alright that should be easy is there anything else I need to get?"

Edited by Fl@mstre@k1990

Solar tilted her head, considering the idea. She should probably use some kind of suit down in that planet, because aside from a buckload of sand, she had no idea what to expect.

"Sure, I can do that," She agreed, grinning at the unicorn, "What's it do?"

Scarlett came back to the group and handed out the saddlebags and said to Solar "Oh, where to start. I can tell you now that it can do anything any everything your suit can, but much faster and more efficient."

She sidestepped and whispered into her ear "Remember when your suit recharged while you were hiding under the walkway on Icarus" before stepping back and standing in front of the gate. "Let's go then!"

​"Ok a chemical tester and PDA alright that should be easy is there anything else I need to get?"

"Yea, that's it. Make it as quick as possible though, we do actually have a limited time."

"Yea, that's it. Make it as quick as possible though, we do actually have a limited time."

"Ok, that should be easy." Flamestreak quickly flew the blue box crate Scarlett directed him to, He looked around for good a few minutes starting to grow pretty annoyed.

"Where is the damn thing." He said quietly to himself, He searched around a little more and finally found the glass tube and the PDA. He picked it up and returned to Scarlett.

"Ok I got it let's go."

"Yep, I agree with Flamestreak, let's do this thing!" Amber checked over the suit, looking between herself and the stargate. For the first time in a while, she felt truly ready. Possibly because she was painfully aware of what would happen if they didn't succeed. "Let's go and get us some stuffz!"

With the gate finally active again and a team assembled, ready to go, Specter had to choose someone to ghost for this operation. Not a difficult choice, as only one pony had really seemed to be rather strange among the bunch. Altering his communication frequency, he attempted to match that of the suit she was in before disappearing.

@Ethan Sawyer

"I don't know if this is working, but on the chance that it is let me explain myself. When we leave I'll be Ghosting you for the duration of this. I'll be feeding you information on everything important to the task at hand. But I won't physically be with you unless you call for me. Safety reasons. Well we're ready whenever you are."

"Yep, I agree with Flamestreak, let's do this thing!" Amber checked over the suit, looking between herself and the stargate. For the first time in a while, she felt truly ready. Possibly because she was painfully aware of what would happen if they didn't succeed. "Let's go and get us some stuffz!"

"So, let's go." She walked in front of the gate and said "Right, so. Everyone who is coming line up single file behind me. Oh, and for you ponies who had breathing problems after coming through the gate, breath out before you go through. Your natural instinct will be to breath in as soon as you come out the other side."

"I don't know if this is working, but on the chance that it is let me explain myself. When we leave I'll be Ghosting you for the duration of this. I'll be feeding you information on everything important to the task at hand. But I won't physically be with you unless you call for me. Safety reasons. Well we're ready whenever you are."

Scarlett, who recieved the signal on one of the many frequency's the suit had, replied in binary by pulsing energy through the suit "I don't know how far you can transmit, but we can't keep the gate open. Once it's closed you'll have to send a signal almost across an entire solar system. Can you do that? We don't have access to Destiny's communication yet."

"So, let's go." She walked in front of the gate and said "Right, so. Everyone who is coming line up single file behind me. Oh, and for you ponies who had breathing problems after coming through the gate, breath out before you go through. Your natural instinct will be to breath in as soon as you come out the other side."

Scarlett, who recieved the signal on one of the many frequency's the suit had, replied in binary by pulsing energy through the suit "I don't know how far you can transmit, but we can't keep the gate open. Once it's closed you'll have to send a signal almost across an entire solar system. Can you do that? We don't have access to Destiny's communication yet."

Amber didn't need to hear it twice. It was time to go. She was incredibly excited and anxious, but in a positive way for the first time in a while. "I call shotgun!" Before anypony else could object, Amber soared through the crowds like a bullet, flying head-first through the gate just as a few ponies began to realise what was happening but it was already too late. She plunged into the gate and in an instant, was gone. Screw lines, I have a fast pass ticket.

"Please, communication across a galaxy is child's play. I can do that without much trouble at all. It all depends on atmospheric interference. It should be fine though. And you bring up a good point about the communication systems on this ship, I'll have a look into that once I have some free time. Also, would you mind doing me a favour? Yell at Amber for me. Her recklessness with the gate annoyed me."

Amber didn't need to hear it twice. It was time to go. She was incredibly excited and anxious, but in a positive way for the first time in a while. "I call shotgun!" Before anypony else could object, Amber soared through the crowds like a bullet, flying head-first through the gate just as a few ponies began to realise what was happening but it was already too late. She plunged into the gate and in an instant, was gone. Screw lines, I have a fast pass ticket.

"For the love of, uhh, me?"

"Please, communication across a galaxy is child's play. I can do that without much trouble at all. It all depends on atmospheric interference. It should be fine though. And you bring up a good point about the communication systems on this ship, I'll have a look into that once I have some free time. Also, would you mind doing me a favour? Yell at Amber for me. Her recklessness with the gate annoyed me."

"Don't bother looking into communications for the moment, could you do me a favour and have people scout the immediate area of the ship for crew rooms and storage rooms, we need somewhere to put them. Oh, and, I've got the room with the kino dispenser. I'll speak to Amber myself, I hope she breathed out."

Scarlett came back to the group and handed out the saddlebags and said to Solar "Oh, where to start. I can tell you now that it can do anything any everything your suit can, but much faster and more efficient."

She sidestepped and whispered into her ear "Remember when your suit recharged while you were hiding under the walkway on Icarus" before stepping back and standing in front of the gate. "Let's go then!"

Solar blinked, flicking her ear as Scarlett whispered into it. "Wait, so that was you?" She muttered, "Sneaky, I can respect that."

"Oh Luna dammit," she sighed, slapping her hoof on her face, and looked at Scarlett, "Yeah, I'ma need that suit now. Like right now. Please. Thank you."

Scarlett opened up her suit communications on loudspeaker as soon as she expected Amber to be through the gate. As soon as the speakers came alive, all you could here was choking. "I told her to breath out before going through..."

Solar blinked, flicking her ear as Scarlett whispered into it. "Wait, so that was you?" She muttered, "Sneaky, I can respect that."

"Oh Luna dammit," she sighed, slapping her hoof on her face, and looked at Scarlett, "Yeah, I'ma need that suit now. Like right now. Please. Thank you."

"I knew you needed the power, and for a reason I cannot explain you cannot have the suit right now. Maybe later. Definitely later."

(earlier not being awake and all)

"L-lovebirds?! What do you mean?!" Amber gasped, stuttering on all her words and almost falling over herself. "Mmf." She bit her lip, unsure what else to say. Instead, she simply distanced herself from Solar slightly and kept her eyes staring at the floor. It was getting increasingly hard to hide her blushing. "Can we just go now..."

"L-lovebirds?" She muttered, cheeks flushing red again, "W-we're not... shut your face!" She brushed her hoof on the floor.

"ha, it's a plain as the horn on my head, just admit that you two like each other and get on with it."

(slightly later I think)

"We don't have 70 ponies for this it's a volunteer based mission, I belive only about 15 are going."

(at Present)

Sapphire, stepped in front of Scarlett, "No I must go first, I Must!" with that Sapphire stepped through the portal and within seconds thrown out into a dessert, the temperature was murder she looked around to see nothing but sand and the gate.

---

Crystal and the other (unnamed) volunteers lined up behind the rest of the others ready to go through. 

Sapphire, stepped in front of Scarlett, "No I must go first, I Must!" with that Sapphire stepped through the portal and within seconds thrown out into a dessert, the temperature was murder she looked around to see nothing but sand and the gate.

---

Crystal and the other (unnamed) volunteers lined up behind the rest of the others ready to go through.

Scarlett said "Well, that is most likely the rudest pony I have ever met. She just jumped through in front of me."

Scarlett turned around with her back to the gate and said to Solar "See ya on the other side Solar, and remember. Breath out before going through." Then she did just that an walked backwards through the gate."

She came out on the other side into the blistering heat and turned around. She looked around for Amber and saw her on the ground. Scarlett walked over to her and said "Need a hoof up?"

Scarlett said "Well, that is most likely the rudest pony I have ever met. She just jumped through in front of me."

Scarlett turned around with her back to the gate and said to Solar "See ya on the other side Solar, and remember. Breath out before going through." Then she did just that an walked backwards through the gate."

She came out on the other side into the blistering heat and turned around. She looked around for Amber and saw her on the ground. Scarlett walked over to her and said "Need a hoof up?"

"Ckk- ahhgg" Amber struggled to form any words, each of which getting stuck in her throat as she fought the growing need to cough more and more. Her throat felt dry and rough, and she struggled to breath at all. Her whole body seemed to shake but she desperately put a hoof out to Scarlett, signalling that she understood what Scarlett was saying and she certainly wasn't getting up any time soon otherwise. "Ach...gkhaaa"