Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

private After Destiny

Chaton

"Ckk- ahhgg" Amber struggled to form any words, each of which getting stuck in her throat as she fought the growing need to cough more and more. Her throat felt dry and rough, and she struggled to breath at all. Her whole body seemed to shake but she desperately put a hoof out to Scarlett, signalling that she understood what Scarlett was saying and she certainly wasn't getting up any time soon otherwise. "Ach...gkhaaa"

Scarlett got down on to her shins and as she did so she said to Sapphire "You all right Sapphire?" before holding Amber and gently patting her back "It's all right, just keep still until you can breath again"

She opened up her mic and radio'd to Solar's suit "Feel free to come through, your fillyfriend is choking."

"I knew you needed the power, and for a reason I cannot explain you cannot have the suit right now. Maybe later. Definitely later."

Solar fixed Scarlett with the biggest 'Are you bucking kidding me' expression she could manage. "So this suit could possibly save my life in there... and I 'can't have it right now'? Are you high?"

Scarlett said "Well, that is most likely the rudest pony I have ever met. She just jumped through in front of me."

Scarlett turned around with her back to the gate and said to Solar "See ya on the other side Solar, and remember. Breath out before going through." Then she did just that an walked backwards through the gate."

She came out on the other side into the blistering heat and turned around. She looked around for Amber and saw her on the ground. Scarlett walked over to her and said "Need a hoof up?"

"Breathe out?" She repeated, blinking, "How do you...?"

Shrugging, she did what she was told before hopping through the gate.

The heat struck her like a truck the moment she got through. "OH LUNA. HEAT. NOT NICE. HELP ME."

Sapphire stood up, "i'm fine Scarlett, I think..." She looked around, "well when you said dessert you weren't trying to gloss it over or anything." Sapphire giggled a little from her own comment.

---

Crystal and the other volunteers came in behind them, some of them had no problem and simply walked through, others had some breathing troubles. "Pull my tail it's hot here."

---

Sapphire looked back "Establish a perminator, weapons out." Crystal and the other security un-holstered their weapons and made a semi circle around the gate. 

Scarlett got down on to her shins and as she did so she said to Sapphire "You all right Sapphire?" before holding Amber and gently patting her back "It's all right, just keep still until you can breath again"

She opened up her mic and radio'd to Solar's suit "Feel free to come through, your fillyfriend is choking."

"Not...-ack-...my...-pffftk-....fillyfriend...." Amber gave one more almighty cough, tasting some blood at the back of her throat. "Ugggh...yuck yuck yuck yuck!" She shook herself vigorously, large amounts of sand that had rested in her mane flying into the air. She took a few breaths as she felt her heartbeat return to normal. "That was....unpleasant."

Solar fixed Scarlett with the biggest 'Are you bucking kidding me' expression she could manage. "So this suit could possibly save my life in there... and I 'can't have it right now'? Are you high?"

"Breathe out?" She repeated, blinking, "How do you...?"

Shrugging, she did what she was told before hopping through the gate.

The heat struck her like a truck the moment she got through. "OH LUNA. HEAT. NOT NICE. HELP ME."

Scarlett smirked a little and cast a cooling spell on anypony that came through the gate. "There you go, it won't completely block out the heat, no where near in fact, but at least you won't roast alive."

"Not...-ack-...my...-pffftk-....fillyfriend...." Amber gave one more almighty cough, tasting some blood at the back of her throat. "Ugggh...yuck yuck yuck yuck!" She shook herself vigorously, large amounts of sand that had rested in her mane flying into the air. She took a few breaths as she felt her heartbeat return to normal. "That was....unpleasant."

"Just a small question, why didn't you take a breath in like I said to do before you went through the gate?"

"Just a small question, why didn't you take a breath in like I said to do before you went through the gate?"

"Well...you see Scarlett..." Amber rose to her hooves slowly, making sure she didn't fall over again. "There's a simple explanation really..." She could still feel her throat burning with every word she tried to speak and she coughed again, this time with sand falling off of her tongue. "I didn't take a breathe in because..." She looked up at Scarlett with a smirk. "Yolo m8." 

• Brohoof 2

"Well,I guess its my turn. Kamikazzzzzzzeeeeeeee!!!!!!!" Flamestreak shouted dashing exuberantly to the gate leaping once his head was through the portal. Still shouting  Flame landed head first on the sand.

"Owww...." The stallion huffed rubbing the top of his head seeing tiny birds flying cycles around him. He shook it off and lifted his head from the surface to seeing the surround area.

@@1Bit,

"Nice view aint it?"

Edited by Fl@mstre@k1990

"Well...you see Scarlett..." Amber rose to her hooves slowly, making sure she didn't fall over again. "There's a simple explanation really..." She could still feel her throat burning with every word she tried to speak and she coughed again, this time with sand falling off of her tongue. "I didn't take a breathe in because..." She looked up at Scarlett with a smirk. "Yolo m8."

"Amber I swear to myself I will freaking slap you..."

"Anyway, lets get looking! We are looking for a lake bed,which will most likely look like a big patch of shiny sand in between some sand dunes. It will be easy to spot if you are close enough,but Kino scans I dictate that there are none near the gate. The sun moves that way so that is west, which means moving away from the gate will be north. Make sure you know how to get back."

Scarlett smirked a little and cast a cooling spell on anypony that came through the gate. "There you go, it won't completely block out the heat, no where near in fact, but at least you won't roast alive."

Solar let out the hugest sigh of relief from receiving the cooling spell, wiping some sweat off her brow. "Okay, that's a bit better."

She looked and saw Amber, removing sand from every possible source on her body. "Firstly, I'm glad you're okay, and secondly, I will slap you if you talk in text and, somehow, numerals again."

"Well, uh, anyway..." Amber cleared her throat, searching the horizon for what seemed like the most promising direction to go in to find this lake bed thing. While the haze made things difficult, Amber could just make out a large, quite hilly incline to the north-west through squinted eyes. "Hmm, I'm thinking we might have some luck that-a-way. At least, there's a good chance there'll be something there. I mean, there's a ton of sand dunes and hills as far as I can see."

Solar let out the hugest sigh of relief from receiving the cooling spell, wiping some sweat off her brow. "Okay, that's a bit better."

"You're welcome then! I'm not sure how long it will last, I hope it does last for a while. My magic seems to get interrupted by some environments."

"Well, uh, anyway..." Amber cleared her throat, searching the horizon for what seemed like the most promising direction to go in to find this lake bed thing. While the haze made things difficult, Amber could just make out a large, quite hilly incline to the north-west through squinted eyes. "Hmm, I'm thinking we might have some luck that-a-way. At least, there's a good chance there'll be something there. I mean, there's a ton of sand dunes and hills as far as I can see."

"All right, let's start by going that way. Shall we all go as one group, or split up a little bit?"

Scarlett realised the gate was still open and radio'd back to Destiny "Could somepony do me a favour and shut the gate off, it's the top right button on the pad of the console that is currently showing gate diagnostics."

@@Ethan Sawyer,

PoniArcade"All right, let's start by going that way. Shall we all go as one group, or split up a little bit?"   Scarlett realised the gate was still open and radio'd back to Destiny "Could somepony do me a favour and shut the gate off, it's the top right button on the pad of the console that is currently showing gate diagnostics."

" I think we should split up to cover more ground, Also because I think Amber and Solar need some alone time." Flame smirked at two and began saying:

"Just don't get too frisky, y'all need energy to survive in the desert."  He chuckled to himself while turning back to Scarlett

"Also question, why did you perform a cooling spell? It's not hot out here."

Edited by Fl@mstre@k1990

Solar smirked at Amber's squinting at the horizon, thinking she was getting sand in her eyes. She lifted her friend's foreleg and tapped on the interface on her ankle, bringing the amber visor down over her face.

"There, sand guard," she chirped.

" I think we should split up to cover more ground, Also because I think Amber and Solar need some alone time." Flame smirked at two and began saying:

"Just don't get too frisky, y'all need energy to survive in the desert."  He chuckled to himself while turning back to Scarlett

She turned to Flame with a soft scowl. "Firstly, it kinda is hot out here. Secondly, shut your face, buckboy."

Solar smirked at Amber's squinting at the horizon, thinking she was getting sand in her eyes. She lifted her friend's foreleg and tapped on the interface on her ankle, bringing the amber visor down over her face. "There, sand guard," she chirped.

"I-I don't need a...mmf." Amber muttered under the guard, her words having a tinny edge to them now. "Thanks, Solar. Thanks a lot." She smiled despite there being no way for Solar to see it or acknowledge it. But the guard did also fortunately hide her blush. Why did she even have a khaki brown coat? Might as well just make it permanently crimson and save herself the embarrassment. 

"I'd say we should all stick together, at least until we get closer to the dunes." Amber suggested, turning her attention to Scarlett.

@@Ethan Sawyer,

"It's not hot out here because I just cast a cooling spell you silly pony!"

Solar smirked at Amber's squinting at the horizon, thinking she was getting sand in her eyes. She lifted her friend's foreleg and tapped on the interface on her ankle, bringing the amber visor down over her face.

"There, sand guard," she chirped.

She turned to Flame with a soft scowl. "Firstly, it kinda is hot out here. Secondly, shut your face, buckboy."

"Being a little harsh aren't you Solar? That's no way to treat your fillyfriend!"

"I-I don't need a...mmf." Amber muttered under the guard, her words having a tinny edge to them now. "Thanks, Solar. Thanks a lot." She smiled despite there being no way for Solar to see it or acknowledge it. But the guard did also fortunately hide her blush. Why did she even have a khaki brown coat? Might as well just make it permanently crimson and save herself the embarrassment. 

"I'd say we should all stick together, at least until we get closer to the dunes." Amber suggested, turning her attention to Scarlett.

"I think we should start by walking to the top of that dune." She pointed to the largest dune, that was almost right in front of them. "We can get a good view from up there" she said as she began leading the group up to the top of the dune.

"It's not hot out here because I just cast a cooling spell you silly pony!"  

" I meant BEFORE you cast the spell, it wasn't hot then now it's actually a little cold." 

"That's not a very nice thing to say to somepony! And I don't think Ember would approve of such filthy language don't you care about her? You should feel ashamed of yourself!" 

"I think we should start by walking to the top of that dune." She pointed to the largest dune, that was almost right in front of them. "We can get a good view from up there" she said as she began leading the group up to the top of the dune.

"Ok I'll go first!"

Flamestreak swiftly flew to the sand dune, inadvertently spraying a wave of sand at his companions while he got there.

Edited by Fl@mstre@k1990

"Being a little harsh aren't you Solar? That's no way to treat your fillyfriend!"

Solar rolled her eyes at Scarlett. "Flame isn't my fillyfriend. He's a shipper, there's a difference.

"That's not a very nice thing to say to somepony! And I don't think Ember would approve of such filthy language don't you care about her? You should feel ashamed of yourself!" 

"Oh for Luna's sake, I was just kidding. Sorry, alright?"

"That's a huge-ass dune," She commented, smirking and walking after Scarlett, "You ever seen a dune that big? Cuz I haven't. I haven't even seen a dune before. The hell is a dune?"

Edited by Unicorncob

" I meant BEFORE you cast the spell, it wasn't hot then now it's actually a little cold."

"How, like, what the, wha. That's not even possible, the spell isn't that powerful. Well, knowing my magic..."

Scarlett snickered a little.

"Ok I'll go first!"

Flamestreak swiftly flew to the sand dune, inadvertently spraying a wave of sand at his companions while he got there.

Scarlett quickly threw up a small shield over her front as the sand sprayed past her. She shouted up "Real nice Flame, I'd save your energy though. Flying around is such a waste!"

Solar rolled her eyes at Scarlett. "Flame isn't my fillyfriend. He's a shipper, there's a difference.

"I was talking about Amber" Scarlett said with a smirk on her face.

"That's a huge-ass dune," She commented, smirking and walking after Scarlett, "You ever seen a dune that big? Cuz I haven't. I haven't even seen a dune before. The hell is a dune?"

"A dune is basically a sand hill."

"Oh come on Solar! How can you not know what a dune is?" She giggled at the mare, raising the sand guard up so her vision became clearer. "I mean, one of the most famous science-fiction books of all time was named after them. Then again, that was hundreds of years ago." She shrugged, licking her lips as they started to become dry. The spell may have cooled her off, but she felt her body getting drier by the second.

Seeing Flamestreak zoom on up ahead, she felt no reason to hold back herself. Might as well use the suit while she had it. She smirked at Solar. "Hey zippy, try and keep up, yeah." She gave the pegasus an encouraging bump against her flank, winking. Within a second, she was off into the air, leaving a trail of sand behind her.

Aqualuna's ear twitched as she heard Scarlett's voice through the radio, needing someone to shut the gate. A wide grin grew across the mare's face and she took off out a door. She was now on the balcony. Aqua practically flew down the stairs that went down from the balcony. Her eyes cast to the gate, and she was going to have to close it. She chuckled to herself as she trotted behind the stairs and pressed the button to close the gate. Go!

Aqua wasted no second and took off with the speed of a swordfish. While bolting for the gate, she snatched up a saddlebag from the floor and exhaled before diving in through the gate and landing on the other side just on time. However, she flicked her tail and noticed that she managed to singe some ends off but no more than a couple of centimeters. She giggled to herself, not minding it anyway and got up on her hooves to catch up with the others.

Scarlett reached the top of the hill, and was met with a feeling I side of her. Something she had not felt in a long time. The presence of a true friend. She instantly spun round and seeing the pony by the gate teleport Ed right next to them and hugged the pony as tight as possible "Aqua! I had no idea you were here!"

• Brohoof 1

"How, like, what the, wha. That's not even possible, the spell isn't that powerful. Well, knowing my magic..."

"I don't know, maybe it is. But I'm trying to say is it wasn't hot to begin with just normal temperature. After you cast the spell it made it colder, understand?

Scarlett quickly threw up a small shield over her front as the sand sprayed past her. She shouted up "Real nice Flame, I'd save your energy though. Flying around is such a waste!"

"I just got my wings fixed a couple hours ago, I don't care about what anyone says. I'm GOING to fly with them."

Edited by Fl@mstre@k1990

(a few posts ago)

Sapphire, turned to the group "if you want to split up then each of you gets a security officer." The guards moved to the closest ponies next to them. "you two guard the gate we don't need a surprises when we get back."

(present) 

Sapphire and Crystal follow Scarlett up the hill, "well nice view of well sand really."

Scarlett reached the top of the hill, and was met with a feeling I side of her. Something she had not felt in a long time. The presence of a true friend. She instantly spun round and seeing the pony by the gate teleport Ed right next to them and hugged the pony as tight as possible "Aqua! I had no idea you were here!"

Aqua squeed and returned the right and friendly hug to Scarlett. "Scarlett dearie!" She gushed excitedly, "As soon as I heard your voice, I knew where I needed to go! Wow, we sure have a lot to catch up on. So how is your daughter?" Aqua had a toothy grin on her face as she waited for Scarlett's answer.

Aqua squeed and returned the right and friendly hug to Scarlett. "Scarlett dearie!" She gushed excitedly, "As soon as I heard your voice, I knew where I needed to go! Wow, we sure have a lot to catch up on. So how is your daughter?" Aqua had a toothy grin on her face as she waited for Scarlett's answer.

Scarlett smiled with pure joy that could feed a thousand changeling, "Oh my splash it has been so long! We have so much to talk about! And yes my, my what? What did you say exactly? I must have misheard you, I could have sworn you said my daughter." Scarlett now looked almost worried.