Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

private After Destiny

Chaton

Amber didn't hear much during her incredibly speedy flight to the dune, but one word riding the wind resonated with her. Daughter? What was that about a daughter? Amber thought to herself, searching around for where the word came from. She quickly spotted Scarlett conversing with another pony and she looked completely bemused. Amber hovered in the clear sky, with a hoof to her chin as she put two and two together. Wait...

"A DAUGHTER?!" She exclaimed, her words being thrown around with the sand. "Scarlett has a daughter?!"

Seeing Flamestreak zoom on up ahead, she felt no reason to hold back herself. Might as well use the suit while she had it. She smirked at Solar. "Hey zippy, try and keep up, yeah." She gave the pegasus an encouraging bump against her flank, winking. Within a second, she was off into the air, leaving a trail of sand behind her.

Solar smirked back and blushed as her flank was bumped, and quickly sped off after Amber. "I can fly just as fast with that suit on, girl!"

Aqua squeed and returned the right and friendly hug to Scarlett. "Scarlett dearie!" She gushed excitedly, "As soon as I heard your voice, I knew where I needed to go! Wow, we sure have a lot to catch up on. So how is your daughter?" Aqua had a toothy grin on her face as she waited for Scarlett's answer.

Amber didn't hear much during her incredibly speedy flight to the dune, but one word riding the wind resonated with her. Daughter? What was that about a daughter? Amber thought to herself, searching around for where the word came from. She quickly spotted Scarlett conversing with another pony and she looked completely bemused. Amber hovered in the clear sky, with a hoof to her chin as she put two and two together. Wait...

"A DAUGHTER?!" She exclaimed, her words being thrown around with the sand. "Scarlett has a daughter?!"

She quickly halted, seeing this new mare with Scarlett. "Who the...?"

She hovered with Amber, tilting her head as the gears began to turn.

"Scarlett has a daughter?!" She said in unison with her friend.

Aqua's eyes widened and her cheeks flushed rose red at the immediate shocked and rather awkward response she received. "I-I-I um.." She bit her lip and wasn't sure what to say. They don't know? How can I be the only one? "Just--never mind that," Aqua shook her head, embarrassed. Her eyes scanned the ground as she wondered how in sweet mother of pearl is she ever going to tell them.

Aqua's eyes widened and her cheeks flushed rose red at the immediate shocked and rather awkward response she received. "I-I-I um.." She bit her lip and wasn't sure what to say. They don't know? How can I be the only one? "Just--never mind that," Aqua shook her head, embarrassed. Her eyes scanned the ground as she wondered how in sweet mother of pearl is she ever going to tell them.

Scarlett watched as her best friend started to stumble over her own words and then ended up saying nothing. Taking this as her que, Scarlett said "Right, that year that I lost all memories of. We're you there during that? What happened, and when on earth during that time did I get a daughter? Who is she?!"

• Brohoof 1

"I...I..." Amber stumbled over her words, and even struggled to stay in the air as the realisation came down on top of her like a ton of bricks. She'd somehow never imagined Scarlett to be the type of pony to have a daughter! The two ponies she and Solar were watching continued to converse, but Amber couldn't make out any more details so instead shook it off and continued the search. She beckoned Solar to follow her with one hoof, and when the other pegasus was close she slid in next to her.

"Scarlett has a daughter? When in Celestia's name could that have happened? She doesn't even look that old!" Amber's frustrations and confusion all came to a small boil now, but that might have been more due to the fact they were in a desert. "And plus, who in the hay could it even be?" Her frown turned into a smirk. "Probably even more geeky and science-y than she is. I wouldn't be surprised at all if that was the case. Like mother, like daughter."

Sapphire turned to the group, "that is nice and all but can we reminisce when the problems are fixed, Scarlett where is the items we seek?" 

---

Crystal was also taken by the Scarlett has a daughter comment, "really, Scarlett is a mom that is rather cool I do say."

@@Ethan Sawyer,

"Wait one second.....Scarlett has DAUGTHER!" Flame took a few moments to register what he said in his mind. Once the relation hit him, in contrast to everypony else who was agape by the news, he just burst out laughing. Flame then turned to scarlett barely to stop chuckling for two seconds to make a sentence

"You have a D-daughter!! You've getting busy huh Scarlett!? Who's the father?"

Edited by Fl@mstre@k1990

Scarlett Co to used looking at Aqua waiting for a response. While she did, she heard the varied responses from behind her and started thinking. Who was the father? The one ly person she had ever done stuff with was an alternate universe version of herself.

"I...I..." Amber stumbled over her words, and even struggled to stay in the air as the realisation came down on top of her like a ton of bricks. She'd somehow never imagined Scarlett to be the type of pony to have a daughter! The two ponies she and Solar were watching continued to converse, but Amber couldn't make out any more details so instead shook it off and continued the search. She beckoned Solar to follow her with one hoof, and when the other pegasus was close she slid in next to her.

"Scarlett has a daughter? When in Celestia's name could that have happened? She doesn't even look that old!" Amber's frustrations and confusion all came to a small boil now, but that might have been more due to the fact they were in a desert. "And plus, who in the hay could it even be?" Her frown turned into a smirk. "Probably even more geeky and science-y than she is. I wouldn't be surprised at all if that was the case. Like mother, like daughter."

"Pffft, I know right?" Solar snickered, smirking a rather dung-eating smirk at her friend, "I bet she's a total geek with those big thick-rimmed glasses and a really nasally voice."

She put her nerd voice back on and said, "Oh mom, I made this nuclear reactor for my science project. Watch me blow up the world with it."

"Pffft, I know right?" Solar snickered, smirking a rather dung-eating smirk at her friend, "I bet she's a total geek with those big thick-rimmed glasses and a really nasally voice."

She put her nerd voice back on and said, "Oh mom, I made this nuclear reactor for my science project. Watch me blow up the world with it."

"What do you mean it's not good enough, mom?" Amber chirped in with her own nasally, nerd voice, trying to hard to contain her giggles. "I used WEAPONS-GRADE plutonium! How is that not good enough for you? Gawd mom, you just don't understand me." A faint snicker left her lips. "Oh dude, it would be so perfect! I can totally imagine her daughter like that!"

Scarlett watched as her best friend started to stumble over her own words and then ended up saying nothing. Taking this as her que, Scarlett said "Right, that year that I lost all memories of. We're you there during that? What happened, and when on earth during that time did I get a daughter? Who is she?!"

Aqua only looked at her and nodded to indicate that she was there during that year. "Oh you have forgotten, tides teeth! I had no idea, so..." Aqua trailed off and leaned in close to Scarlett's ear and whispered," Your daughter is...Solar," Aqualuna said the name in her lowest volume. She prayed in her head that there wouldn't be some sort of freak out session then again, it was kind of too late for that.

Aqua stifled a snicker and whispered again, "I think I should say later..." She stepped aside.

• Brohoof 2

"CAN WE PLEASE get back on mission, please." Sapphire was getting impatient with all the gossip. "this talk is for down time not now." There was a serious tone to her voice.

---

"Sapphire, she's a mum it's cool."

---

"What if I was a mum, now can we please get on."

---

"you're too young to be a mum I could be a mum." Sapphire groaned with frustration.  

Scarlett then matched Aquas quiet voice for a moment after trying not to hypo ventilate "Solar? Really? Solar is my daughter? I guess that makes sense. Why else would she have one of my suits. Oh my God, I bet she's up there right now imitating how nerdy 'Scarlett's daughter' must be." She turned around for a moment, looked at Solar, and the turned back "How do I tell her?"

"CAN WE PLEASE get back on mission, please." Sapphire was getting impatient with all the gossip. "this talk is for down time not now." There was a serious tone to her voice.

---

"Sapphire, she's a mum it's cool."

---

"What if I was a mum, now can we please get on."

---

"you're too young to be a mum I could be a mum." Sapphire groaned with frustration.  

'Hold your horses Sapphire, I for one want to know who the father is." Flame couldn't restrain his laughter anymore, he fell to the sand rolling all around the it guffawing like a crazy pony. Crimson stallion got back to his hooves, knocking the sand stuck to his fur off as he spun around to meet the new pony in group

Aqua only looked at her and nodded to indicate that she was there during that year. "Oh you have forgotten, tides teeth! I had no idea, so..." Aqua trailed off and leaned in close to Scarlett's ear and whispered," Your daughter is...Solar," Aqualuna said the name in her lowest volume. She prayed in her head that there wouldn't be some sort of freak out session then again, it was kind of too late for that.

Aqua stifled a snicker and whispered again, "I think I should say later..." She stepped aside.

"Um whoever you are , if know who the father is......can you please tell me I HAVE to know." The stallion asked curtly, snickering to himself all the while.

@Ethan Sawyer

"Now while this is all lovey Dovey and interesting, some bits more than others, could you please get back to the mission at hand? I've detected some landscape anomalies located underground in the dunes. Some hollow landscape and other parts don't match the accepted density of the ground you currently stand on. I presume that this may be what we are looking for. Also, I found some bunk rooms on the Port and Starboard sides of the ship, on the edge of the area we can access safely and have begun moving ponies to these rooms. It may be a bit cramped, but it's a good chance we will have enough for one pony to a bed. But, please, we're slowly dying up here so I'm afraid your daughter will have to wait."

'Hold your horses Sapphire, I for one want to know who the father is." Flame couldn't restrain his laughter anymore, he fell to the sand rolling all around the it guffawing like a crazy pony. Crimson stallion got back to his hooves, knocking the sand stuck to his fur off as he spun around to meet the new pony in group

"Um whoever you are , if know who the father is......can you please tell me I HAVE to know." The stallion asked curtly, snickering to himself all the while.

Scarlett turned around and sent a quick blast of magic that pushed Flame a couple of meters back and said 8n the most bland voice possible "Stay out of this "

@Ethan Sawyer

"Now while this is all lovey Dovey and interesting, some bits more than others, could you please get back to the mission at hand? I've detected some landscape anomalies located underground in the dunes. Some hollow landscape and other parts don't match the accepted density of the ground you currently stand on. I presume that this may be what we are looking for. Also, I found some bunk rooms on the Port and Starboard sides of the ship, on the edge of the area we can access safely and have begun moving ponies to these rooms. It may be a bit cramped, but it's a good chance we will have enough for one pony to a bed. But, please, we're slowly dying up here so I'm afraid your daughter will have to wait."

Scarlett 'woke up' from her confused state, and tried to get her priorities in order for at least the next 10 hours. She replied "Yes, right. The air."

She once again spoke to Aqua "We can catch up later, the people on the ship probably have less time than we do down here."

Ambers' focus drifted from Scarlett's family affairs back to the mission at hand in little to no time, as she realised what was at stake. They needed that air. "Alright Solar, how about we start over there?" She pointed Solar towards a large field of dunes which seemed to jut off to the side ever so slightly. It seemed logical that, as there was only two of them, they could search a smaller area off in the distance while the rest of the group cover the larger area. "We might get lucky and find whatever it is that Scarlett needs. Although, I feel I'll need to ask her at least three more times before I get it through my thick skull what exactly it is." She laughed, altering her trajectory to the east so that she was directly on course for the area she mentioned.

Ambers' focus drifted from Scarlett's family affairs back to the mission at hand in little to no time, as she realised what was at stake. They needed that air. "Alright Solar, how about we start over there?" She pointed Solar towards a large field of dunes which seemed to jut off to the side ever so slightly. It seemed logical that, as there was only two of them, they could search a smaller area off in the distance while the rest of the group cover the larger area. "We might get lucky and find whatever it is that Scarlett needs. Although, I feel I'll need to ask her at least three more times before I get it through my thick skull what exactly it is." She laughed, altering her trajectory to the east so that she was directly on course for the area she mentioned.

"Sounds like a plan," Solar agreed, nodding and fluttering after Amber toward the dunes, "What would be lucky if she actually told us what in Tartarus we're looking for. In a language we can understand."

She looked back at Scarlett and smirked, putting on a pretty bad impression of her. "Oh well, you need a special ultraviolet sandinator with a nuclear fusion core. I don't pay you to ask what it is, I don't pay you at all. Just go get it."

• Brohoof 1

"Sounds like a plan," Solar agreed, nodding and fluttering after Amber toward the dunes, "What would be lucky if she actually told us what in Tartarus we're looking for. In a language we can understand."

She looked back at Scarlett and smirked, putting on a pretty bad impression of her. "Oh well, you need a special ultraviolet sandinator with a nuclear fusion core. I don't pay you to ask what it is, I don't pay you at all. Just go get it."

Amber couldn't help but snicker at that. Solar did a surprisingly great impression of Scarlett; even if the voice was a little uncanny. "Pfft, okay, that was pretty good actually." Amber's grin grew wider as a sinister thought latched itself onto her mind. "You would think only...family could do it so well." She nudged Solar in the side. "You never know, maybe you might be poor little Scarlett's long lost daughter!" 

Scarlett turned around and sent a quick blast of magic that pushed Flame a couple of meters back and said 8n the most bland voice possible "Stay out of this "

"Could have just said no." Flamestreak huffed under his breath getting up from the sand.  "I swear these ponies just don't like me"

"Alright Solar, how about we start over there?" 

"Ember you do realize that there are more ponies in the group other than Solar right? I mean I was only joking when I you two were a couple, but I'm now starting to actually think ya'll like each other."

"Oh well, you need a special ultraviolet sandinator with a nuclear fusion core. I don't pay you to ask what it is, I don't pay you at all. Just go get it."

"Also Solar, stop with these impressions. Their not funny." It could be safe to say Flamestreak was a little bitter after Scarlett flung him in the air

"Could have just said no." Flamestreak huffed under his breath getting up from the sand.  "I swear these ponies just don't like me"

"Ember you do realize that there are more ponies in the group other than Solar right? I mean I was only joking when I you two were a couple, but I'm now starting to actually think ya'll like each other."

"Also Solar, stop with these impressions. Their not funny." It could be safe to say Flamestreak was a little bitter after Scarlett flung him in the air

"well A: there's a lot of dunes to cover, so it'll be easier if we split up at this point." Amber snapped her head around to Flame in the distance. "And B: her impressions are actually amazing. Well...they make me laugh anyway. B-but still...! They're good!" Before anyone could say any remarks, she grabbed Solar from behind and used the extra muscle of the suit to push her at a lightning fast speed towards the dunes in the distance, disappearing out of sight.

Amber couldn't help but snicker at that. Solar did a surprisingly great impression of Scarlett; even if the voice was a little uncanny. "Pfft, okay, that was pretty good actually." Amber's grin grew wider as a sinister thought latched itself onto her mind. "You would think only...family could do it so well." She nudged Solar in the side. "You never know, maybe you might be poor little Scarlett's long lost daughter!" 

"Eh?" Solar muttered, raising an eyebrow, and snickered at Amber, "Hardly! I don't look anything like her, and I don't know anything about science apart from my suit."

"Oh, sorry," she snarked toward Flame, "I didn't realise we were working with the captain of the fun police."

"well A: there's a lot of dunes to cover, so it'll be easier if we split up at this point." Amber snapped her head around to Flame in the distance. "And B: her impressions are actually amazing. Well...they make me laugh anyway. B-but still...! They're good!" Before anyone could say any remarks, she grabbed Solar from behind and used the extra muscle of the suit to push her at a lightning fast speed towards the dunes in the distance, disappearing out of sight.

"See?" She put on a dung-eating smirk before being whisked away by Amber, "AND NOW I'M GOING THIS WAY. ALRIGHTY THEN."

Edited by Unicorncob

"See?" She put on a dung-eating smirk before being whisked away by Amber, "AND NOW I'M GOING THIS WAY. ALRIGHTY THEN."

"That's right Solar! This way!" Amber snickered, plummeting down into the dunes with Solar in front. It didn't take long for them to hit the sand, both rolling downwards into the lower contours and dugouts until they came to a sliding halt as the sand below them flattened out. "Thank you for using Amber Airlines, please take care when removing your seatbelt and take the door on your left." 

Lightning Spark stood at the top of the dune. "Okay everypony, listen up! If you see any extra-shiny sand, grab one of the tubes with some water, pour some sand in, and the press the blue button at the top. If the water turns blue, then start collecting that sand!" Hopefully, he thought, we'll be able to find enough sodium calcite to get the life-support system back up.

Edited by Mario3D13

"That's right Solar! This way!" Amber snickered, plummeting down into the dunes with Solar in front. It didn't take long for them to hit the sand, both rolling downwards into the lower contours and dugouts until they came to a sliding halt as the sand below them flattened out. "Thank you for using Amber Airlines, please take care when removing your seatbelt and take the door on your left." 

Solar yelped as she rolled downward in the sand, sliding to a stop on the flattened surface. "Ten outta ten service, though the in-flight movie was crap." She smirked at her friend, getting up and shaking sand off her coat and mane.

Lightning Spark stood at the top of the dune. "Okay everypony, listen up! If you see any extra-shiny sand, grab one of the tubes with some water, pour some sand in, and the press the blue button at the top. If the water turns blue, then start collecting that sand!" Hopefully, he thought, we'll be able to find enough sodium calcite to get the life-support system back up.

She raised an eyebrow as she overheard, and saw in the distance, another stallion giving orders. She leaned over to Amber.

"Can you tell me either who that is, or why we should listen to him?"

• Brohoof 1