Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

private After Destiny

Chaton

Solar's heart skipped a beat as Amber announced she would not only not go on the shuttle without her, but go with her to try and fix the problem!

"A-Amber, I..." she muttered, unable to stop herself from smiling, and returned the kiss to her marefriend, "I... I love you, so much... if we don't find it in time, we'll get back to the shuttle. Get ready to fly."

She saw Scarlett by the wall, and walked over to her. "Mom? I need to tell you something..."

I looked up to see my daughter upon hearing her speak. I wasnt crying, but anyone looking could tell I wanted to. "Yes Solar, what is it?" I asked with a voice so calm you could almost imagine nothing was wrong. "What is it that you want to tell me?" I asked again for some reason.

I looked up to see my daughter upon hearing her speak. I wasnt crying, but anyone looking could tell I wanted to. "Yes Solar, what is it?" I asked with a voice so calm you could almost imagine nothing was wrong. "What is it that you want to tell me?" I asked again for some reason.

Solar was heartbroken at seeing how... well, broken Scarlett looked. She wasn't crying, but she could tell she wanted to.

Wasting no more time, she grabbed her mother in a hug, resting her chin on her shoulder. "I don't want you to freak out, but..."

She looked her mother in the eyes and spoke, quickly and almost impossible to get, "Me and Amber are gonna go to the lower areas with less air to find a way to power the ship we won't take long but if we don't get back take somepony and get out of here I love you so much mom!"

With a quick kiss on her cheek, she sped off toward the hallway.

• Brohoof 1

Solar was heartbroken at seeing how... well, broken Scarlett looked. She wasn't crying, but she could tell she wanted to.

Wasting no more time, she grabbed her mother in a hug, resting her chin on her shoulder. "I don't want you to freak out, but..."

She looked her mother in the eyes and spoke, quickly and almost impossible to get, "Me and Amber are gonna go to the lower areas with less air to find a way to power the ship we won't take long but if we don't get back take somepony and get out of here I love you so much mom!"

Before I had a chance to react, Solar was gone. And I was horrified. Less air meant the shielding wasn't working properly in that area, which when this close to a star meant a fuck tonne of radiation. Air wasn't a problem because of the suit, but the radiation. That would kill her. I jumped up and gave chase.

• Brohoof 1

Solar was heartbroken at seeing how... well, broken Scarlett looked. She wasn't crying, but she could tell she wanted to.

"Oh sweet Celestia...!" Amber barely had time to register that her marefriend had gone, scrambling about before giving chase down the hallway after her. Her hooves loudly clammered against the metal plates, and her panting echoed against the steel walls, but she pressed onwards, chasing after Solar. "So..is there...a...plan?" She tried to say through gasping breaths. It seemed coming off a drug addiction did little to help fitness.

"Oh sweet Celestia...!" Amber barely had time to register that her marefriend had gone, scrambling about before giving chase down the hallway after her. Her hooves loudly clammered against the metal plates, and her panting echoed against the steel walls, but she pressed onwards, chasing after Solar. "So..is there...a...plan?" She tried to say through gasping breaths. It seemed coming off a drug addiction did little to help fitness.

"Simple," Solar said, slowing down to allow Amber to keep up with her, "We look for a way to power up the ship below. Some kind of power box or terminal or something. If we don't find anything soon, we head back up to the shuttle."

She looked at her marefriend, who seemed tired already. "You wanna help everypony survive? This is our chance!"

I followed them straight past engineering, but quickly doubled back and went I to the room. I jumped up on the console and, upon finding where they were headed, closed all the doors in front of them and behind them, trapping them in a corridor. It was all I could do.

"Don't worry Solar, we'll save the ship. Save the ponies. And things'll turn out okay--" Before Amber could continue she was interrupted by the door directly in front of her slamming shut directly in her face. A worringly loud crack could be heard as her muzzle hit the door directly, as she had little chance to break as it suddenly appeared in front of her mid-gallop. She fell to the floor, clutching her muzzle in pain and groaning quietly to herself. 

"Don't worry Solar, we'll save the ship. Save the ponies. And things'll turn out okay--" Before Amber could continue she was interrupted by the door directly in front of her slamming shut directly in her face. A worringly loud crack could be heard as her muzzle hit the door directly, as she had little chance to break as it suddenly appeared in front of her mid-gallop. She fell to the floor, clutching her muzzle in pain and groaning quietly to herself. 

"Amber!" She yelped, lowering down to get eye-level with her marefriend, "Are you okay? Here, lemme get that." She smiled and planted a little kiss on her snout.

She got up and tapped the door, her good mood dropping ice cold as she realised they were trapped in the hallway. "No, no... oh no no NO!"

Mom, she must have done this...

"Oh Celestia..."

I followed them straight past engineering, but quickly doubled back and went I to the room. I jumped up on the console and, upon finding where they were headed, closed all the doors in front of them and behind them, trapping them in a corridor. It was all I could do.

A wild Selene uncloaks to your left, just... staring at you, like a creepy kid in a horror flick.

"... What are you doing with that console, Scarlett...?"

She's giving you the benefit of the doubt. Not immediately thinking that you'd be sabotaging an effort to save everyone, for whatever reason.

"Amber!" She yelped, lowering down to get eye-level with her marefriend, "Are you okay? Here, lemme get that." She smiled and planted a little kiss on her snout.

She got up and tapped the door, her good mood dropping ice cold as she realised they were trapped in the hallway. "No, no... oh no no NO!"

Mom, she must have done this...

"Oh Celestia..."

"I-I think my muzzles broken..." Amber whimpered, trying to regain her composure. She had no chance of getting up, her head dizzy and in pain from the collision with the heavy, metal door. She tried to take deep breaths which only came out as shaky as she tried to fight back tears from the pain. "Sweet Celestia..."

"W-was that your friggin' mom's doing?"

A wild Selene uncloaks to your left, just... staring at you, like a creepy kid in a horror flick.

"... What are you doing with that console, Scarlett...?"

She's giving you the benefit of the doubt. Not immediately thinking that you'd be sabotaging an effort to save everyone, for whatever reason.

I turned to face the Vashti, still keeping my calm appearance. "I'm trying to save eveyon. We have less than 10 minutes before were too close for the shuttle to escape the stars gravity, which means they need to go now." I realised the nearby radio was on, broadcasting to God knows who. I turned it off with my magic and Co to used to face the Vashti.

"I-I think my muzzles broken..." Amber whimpered, trying to regain her composure. She had no chance of getting up, her head dizzy and in pain from the collision with the heavy, metal door. She tried to take deep breaths which only came out as shaky as she tried to fight back tears from the pain. "Sweet Celestia..."

"W-was that your friggin' mom's doing?"

"I... I think so," Solar whimpered, a sharp pain clutching her chest as she zoomed to the doors and started wailing on them, "Mom! Let us out! We'll go back to the shuttle! I'm sorry! I just wanted to help everypony! Please, open the doors!"

Solar, you idiot. Why do you keep trying to help? You know nothing about the ship, what were you even thinking?!

I turned to face the Vashti, still keeping my calm appearance. "I'm trying to save eveyon. We have less than 10 minutes before were too close for the shuttle to escape the stars gravity, which means they need to go now." I realised the nearby radio was on, broadcasting to God knows who. I turned it off with my magic and Co to used to face the Vashti.

She just sort of stares for a moment, processing this...

"You're going to just... crush everyone's hopes? You'd rather save two extra people... than prevent dozens of others from dying a horrible death, with the last thing they experience being fear?..."

She just continues staring, her cold, unsympathetic glare seemingly going past your eyes, and just... directly into you.

She just sort of stares for a moment, processing this...

"You're going to just... crush everyone's hopes? You'd rather save two extra people... than prevent dozens of others from dying a horrible death, with the last thing they experience being fear?..."

She just continues staring, her cold, unsympathetic glare seemingly going past your eyes, and just... directly into you.

I snapped. All emotions I had been feeling were suddenly visible through my eyes. "Because one of those two ponies is my fucking daughter. Because the moment they stepped through that next door, they would have been burnt alive from the I side out. Because I k ow there is no way we can save this ship." I stepped towards here with a rage in my eyes that I had never exerted before "And I will not let you stop me. From saving my family."

In the background my magic has been I teaching with the console, opening up a direct route to the shuttle from the corridor Solar and amber were in.

In the background my magic has been I teaching with the console, opening up a direct route to the shuttle from the corridor Solar and amber were in.

Solar had slumped onto the ground, totally void of hope, until she heard the door back the way they came whirring open.

"Oh thank you mom! I'm so sorry!" She whined, and galloped back to Amber to help her up, "C'mon, we gotta get back to the others! We can't go this way!"

Solar had slumped onto the ground, totally void of hope, until she heard the door back the way they came whirring open.

"Oh thank you mom! I'm so sorry!" She whined, and galloped back to Amber to help her up, "C'mon, we gotta get back to the others! We can't go this way!"

Amber tried to get up with the help of her marefriend, but her hooves slipped out from underneath her and she fell flat to the floor again with a groan. Drips of blood splashed on the cool metal and it only aggravated Amber more. "S-Solar, I don't think I c-can move too easily..." She admitted, looking up at Solar with a terrified expression. "That smash really took it out of me."

Lightning had immediately followed Solar and Amber, and had been trapped alongside them. "The buck?" When he realized that it was Scarlett's idea, he was a bit raged to say the least. "Scarlett, you....you..... [grumble grumble]". He turned to Solar and Amber. "We should just head back. Nothing we can do now."

Amber tried to get up with the help of her marefriend, but her hooves slipped out from underneath her and she fell flat to the floor again with a groan. Drips of blood splashed on the cool metal and it only aggravated Amber more. "S-Solar, I don't think I c-can move too easily..." She admitted, looking up at Solar with a terrified expression. "That smash really took it out of me."

Lightning was worried when he saw Amber drop. "Amber, what's the problem? Where'd you get hit?"

I snapped. All emotions I had been feeling were suddenly visible through my eyes. "Because one of those two ponies is my fucking daughter. Because the moment they stepped through that next door, they would have been burnt alive from the I side out. Because I k ow there is no way we can save this ship." I stepped towards here with a rage in my eyes that I had never exerted before "And I will not let you stop me. From saving my family."

Selene tilts her head quietly. She didn't know that Scarlett was related to one of the two ladies. Nor did she know that going outside would burn them.

In fact, at this point, the only thing that Selene knew was that she was tired. Very tired, in ways she hadn't known before. So tired that she didn't feel like... feeling, anything. She just wanted to sleep... and wake up back in Ponyville, where she belonged.

Selene walks back to the gate room... a heavy, unsteady walk, leaning against the wall as she slid along.

• Brohoof 1

"I am not leaving you behind!" Solar growled, nudging herself beneath Amber and hoisting her into her back, "There. This suit is making me a lot stronger than usual, so don't worry about that. Now c'mon, we've got a shuttle to catch."

She began a quick but careful walk, making sure Amber stayed balanced on her back.

• Brohoof 1

I sighed as the broken Vashti walked away. I felt awful. I had calmed down but there was more to do. I grabbed the radio that had been on earlier and broadcasted to every radio. "Those who were selected to go on the shuttle, please do so now. We have less than 20 mins uses before you can no longer escape."

• Brohoof 1

"I am not leaving you behind!" Solar growled, nudging herself beneath Amber and hoisting her into her back, "There. This suit is making me a lot stronger than usual, so don't worry about that. Now c'mon, we've got a shuttle to catch."

She began a quick but careful walk, making sure Amber stayed balanced on her back.

Everything was pretty much a blur at that stage to Amber. She could make out the drowned shouting from who she thought was Lightning, but the sudden movements and speed at which she was travelling, increased her dazed state tenfold. Her lips opened and closed in soundless sentences, muttering small inaudible phrases as a weak hoof held her muzzle. She could still feel the pain, but it had been dumbed down slightly as the minutes went by.

"Sweet Celestia...back in this s-situation again. Needing to be rescued..."

"I'll lead the way, 'kay?" Lightning drifted in front of Solar and used the map in his HUD to guide himself towards the docking bay.

I sighed as the broken Vashti walked away. I felt awful. I had calmed down but there was more to do. I grabbed the radio that had been on earlier and broadcasted to every radio. "Those who were selected to go on the shuttle, please do so now. We have less than 20 mins uses before you can no longer escape."

Lightning heard this and immediately spoke to Solar. "We need to pick up the pace, or none of us will live. Need a hand with Amber?"

Selene walks back to the gate room, groggily going back to the way the two ladies had gone... and simply lying down in front of it, curling up and closing her eyes in the middle of the floor. Easily stepped over, but easily noticed.

She breathes deeply and steadily, falling asleep rather quickly...

• Brohoof 1

Everything was pretty much a blur at that stage to Amber. She could make out the drowned shouting from who she thought was Lightning, but the sudden movements and speed at which she was travelling, increased her dazed state tenfold. Her lips opened and closed in soundless sentences, muttering small inaudible phrases as a weak hoof held her muzzle. She could still feel the pain, but it had been dumbed down slightly as the minutes went by.

"Sweet Celestia...back in this s-situation again. Needing to be rescued..."

"Hang on," Solar muttered to her marefriend, and instinctively unfurled her wings. She looked back to see if she was okay, and saw that the suit was outfitted with armoured wings and small jet thrusters!

...friggin' mom. Always thinks of everything.

She looked at Lightning and shook her head, engaging the jet thrusters. "I got this."

She sped up a bit, her steps becoming long hops, but made sure Amber stayed on her back.

• Brohoof 1

"Hang on," Solar muttered to her marefriend, and instinctively unfurled her wings. She looked back to see if she was okay, and saw that the suit was outfitted with armoured wings and small jet thrusters!

...friggin' mom. Always thinks of everything.

She looked at Lightning and shook her head, engaging the jet thrusters. "I got this."

She sped up a bit, her steps becoming long hops, but made sure Amber stayed on her back.

Lightning was surprised to see what had just happened. "No kidding!" His augmented body kept pace with Solar, occasionally flapping his wings for some extra speed. "We should be nearing the launch bay. Follow me." Lightning simultaneously checked his HUD while going through different corridors in order to get to the shuttle ASAP. He looked back to make sure Solar was following.

Edited by Mario3D13