Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

private After Destiny

Chaton

Sapphire had left the room and sat down outside, she waved of the two guards when they were gone. "this is leadership business is rubbish, why did I do that? Now have gone and caused distrust between the most competent staff here and myself..." she started to cry at her very poor judgment. 

Solar looked down at her hooves, trying to assess the situation. They were all trapped on a faulty ship in space, with no way to return home. She bit her lip in her helmet.

"...if there's no way to get back," She finally spoke, "then we'll have to make the best of it here."

She shot over to Amber and gave her a gentle slap across the face.

"Get ahold of yourself, mare!" She yelled, "We're trapped, but we're not helpless! We can do something with this!"

She looked over to Scarlett. "How can we fix those scrubbers?"

"I can't fix it if I don't know what the problem is. If you can get a group together to search, I can guide you from here. We need to be as efficient as possible, and from what I can see we may only have hours left, so we'll need to do this quickly. I can guide you using the map here, I don't think I can access sensors if there are any but as long as you follow my instructions we should be able to find our way. And can someone go and get Sapphire, we need everyone."

"Well I mean its-." The mare who had been helping Flame left, Claiming to have others to deal with. "Oh well alright then." Flame said awkwardly. The pain in his wing was completely gone, "Wha-buh-huh? How did she DO THAT!? I'M COMPLETELY HEALED!" Flame said with glee, Lunging himself into the air multiple times. after his animated eruption of happiness Flame quickly flew off to find the mare who had healed him, Wanting to thank the mare among other things. He spotted the pony minutes later softly crying to herself, Flame not knowing what else to walked up to her.

@,

"Hey is everything alright? Why are you crying?"

@,

Sapphire looked up at the pegasi she had healed earlier, she tried to stop crying but could not quite manage it she sniffed and wiped away some of her tears. "I buggered it up there, um I don't know or remember you name there, I threatened to throw Scarlett of the ship because she trivialised my concerns, now everyone in there hates me and It's all my fault." Sapphire now started to sob she did not mean what she had done she simply got carried away. 

@

"Well, everybody is kind of on edge right now, considering what to the Icarus base. Those ponies are just overreacting, looking for something take out their frustrations on and you so happened to make a mistake." Flamestreak gave encouraging smile and helped the distraught unicorn wipe some of the tears from her face. "Besides" Flame started again. "Your a pretty good looking mare I doubt they can stay mad at you for long."

Edited by Fl@mstre@k1990

Amber trotted around the corner back into one of the many corridors the ship had. It hadn't taken her long to switch back into her standard uniform, complete with pistol and trinkets. She followed the low hum of the crowd, hoping to find Sapphire backtracking to the stargate room. She was in luck.

By the time Amber approached her, she spotted Flamestreak attending to her. The corners of her mouth lifted into a small grin and she took the last few steps to get to them.

"Hey, uh, Sapphire?" She put herself between the two, helping the shaken mare to her feet. "Turns out we're going to try and sort out the problem with the air filters on the ship. I know y'all parted ways in a bad fashion, but Scarlett specifically said we need everyone if we're going to have a chance of getting anything done efficiently."

She twisted around to Flamestreak and put a hoof on his shoulder. "That means you too, big guy. Time to get that wing working again!"

Making sure that both had acknowledge what she had said, she turned tail and breezed back into the room where Scarlett and the other pegasus sat.

Scarlett turned to Solar and said "Does your suit's loudspeaker still work? I think we brought walkie talkie's with us but they're back in the gateroom." She lit up her horn and adjusted her magic to match the frequency of the suit's communication array. "Can you hear me?"

Sapphire got up without saying anything she acknowledged Amber despite that though, Sapphire walked with her head down back into the engine room and the sat corner hoping not to be noticed at all she was so embarrassed and angry with her self for her stupid power trip.

Scarlett turned to Solar and said "Does your suit's loudspeaker still work? I think we brought walkie talkie's with us but they're back in the gateroom." She lit up her horn and adjusted her magic to match the frequency of the suit's communication array. "Can you hear me?"

Solar lifted her ankle and clicked on her PC screen, checking the loudspeaker status. Green light, meant it was working.

Her ears flicked as she heard Scarlett's voice in her helmet. "Loud and clear, sir. What's my first objective?" She smirked, trying to make the best of the situation with her natural sense of humour.

Solar lifted her ankle and clicked on her PC screen, checking the loudspeaker status. Green light, meant it was working.

Her ears flicked as she heard Scarlett's voice in her helmet. "Loud and clear, sir. What's my first objective?" She smirked, trying to make the best of the situation with her natural sense of humour.

Scarlett couldn't help but let out a small laugh. If they were going to survive together, they may as well keep their spirits up. "I need you and a few others to go and find one of the three scrubbers. I can direct you from here but I need you to report anything that you see of it."

Scarlett couldn't help but let out a small laugh. If they were going to survive together, they may as well keep their spirits up. "I need you and a few others to go and find one of the three scrubbers. I can direct you from here but I need you to report anything that you see of it."

"I'll go!" Amber slid over to Solar, putting a foreleg around her. "I'm sticking to you like candy on a candy-apple. I got your back." She winked at the mare and turned around to look for Sapphire. However, the room was empty bar the three of them, and Amber raised an eyebrow. "Wait, where's Sapphire? I thought she was right behind me?"

Solar nodded and gave a casual salute. "Okiedokie, what do these scrubbers look like exactly?"

"I'll go!" Amber slid over to Solar, putting a foreleg around her. "I'm sticking to you like candy on a candy-apple. I got your back." She winked at the mare and turned around to look for Sapphire. However, the room was empty bar the three of them, and Amber raised an eyebrow. "Wait, where's Sapphire? I thought she was right behind me?"

"And suddenly we got very close," Solar muttered, a bit surprised at Amber's sudden insistence to join her, "Seems I got my first teammate."

She looked around for Sapphire, and indeed, she wasn't there. "Yo, Blue! Where you at?"

"I'll go!" Amber slid over to Solar, putting a foreleg around her. "I'm sticking to you like candy on a candy-apple. I got your back." She winked at the mare and turned around to look for Sapphire. However, the room was empty bar the three of them, and Amber raised an eyebrow. "Wait, where's Sapphire? I thought she was right behind me?

"Well, some pony is fired up today. I like it! Though candy apples are rather...... weird choice of words, as for sapphire I'll go look for her she couldn't have gone too far." Flamestreak looked down to his previously injured wing shaking it around a little. "That was too close, I almost lost you out there. We got to look out for each other better if were gonna survive." The Pegasus started to softly nuzzle his wing silently whispering "It will be ok". Flame looked back up at his companions, mostly likely weirded out by his little "talk".

"Sorry I'm just really attached to my wings." After that he set of to Sapphire knowing he just made an absolute fool of himself. Flame scanned the surrounding area for a while before again spotting Sapphire in the engine room of all places.

@

"What are you doing? We need your help!"

Edited by Fl@mstre@k1990

"Well, some pony is fired up today. I like it! Though candy apples are rather...... weird choice of words, as for sapphire I'll go look for her she couldn't have gone too far." Flamestreak looked down to his previously injured wing shaking it around a little. "That was too close, I almost lost you out there. We got to look out for each other better if were gonna survive." The Pegasus started to softly nuzzle his wing silently whispering "It will be ok". Flame looked back up at his companions, mostly likely weirded out by his little "talk".

"Eh, family expression, I can't help it." Amber chuckled, checking over her gear in preparation for the task ahead. "Believe me, I don't even know why we have it. I haven't even eaten a candy-apple in my life! But a saying's a saying I suppose." She shrugged. "I'm just excited to finally be doing something other than standing around checking crates and deliveries." 

Scarlett brought up a map and tested the controls a little. She focused the view back on the room they were currently in and looked for the fastest route to the closest air filter. Finding it behind her, she said "All right ponies, I've found the nearest filter. Follow the corridor behind me and I'll guide you from there."

"Alright, I hear you," Solar confirmed, starting to walk to the corridor Scarlett mentioned, "You think we'll find ways to replace the gear up here?"

She had no idea if she could be any use, her ankle PC didn't seem like it could adapt to the technology on the ship.

Edited by Unicorncob

Amber took the small preparation phase to lift out her revolver and check it. The Hearthstone Steel had held perfectly even throughout all the recent events, the pistol still having a nice silver shine to it with all the engravings intact.

She placed it back in its holster, tightened her uniform and looked up at Scarlett. "Alright, I'm ready too."

Scarlett brought up a map and tested the controls a little. She focused the view back on the room they were currently in and looked for the fastest route to the closest air filter. Finding it behind her, she said "All right ponies, I've found the nearest filter. Follow the corridor behind me and I'll guide you from there."

"I have to say I'm a little impressed Scarlett. I didn't think that the system would so willingly give away a map of the entire ship. Seems like a major security oversight. And having it contain the exact locations of vital ship components, shortest routes, functionalities and the like, it all does seem logical in my mind.

Pay no mind to this, for it may just be my paranoid self talking, but the way I see it, we have four possibilities.

1, it's a design oversight. And a major risk to the safety of the ship.

2, This map is a fake. Designed to mislead trespassers of the lower intelligence who don't think about these possibilities.

3, This terminal was left unlocked by the last person who used it. A person that should be punished for such a mistake.

Or 4 and my personal favourite, You're familiar with this kind of tech and know how to access it. A near physical impossibility, but 'One percent is better than None percent.' As some people say."

Specter was started to think something was not as it seemed with Scarlett. He familiarity with the invisibility suit, which did look top of the line from his knowledge of available tech, yet she talked about it like it was an inferior model to something much more advance. He quick ability to easily use the terminals in order to find exactly what she needs semi instantaneous. It was just a bunch of little things so far, some of them could be summarised as common sense. Still it bugged him. This was someone he was most definitely going to be Ghosting for a long time to come.

Edited by Child Of Darkness

@,

Sapphire looked up at Flamestreak, "don't make me go, I don't think I could handle the embarrassment, anyway what do you need me for I'm just a soldier I can't do anything with air systems of what ever you are fixing now." Sapphire looked back down she really did not want to go.   

Sapphire looked up at Flamestreak, "don't make me go, I don't think I could handle the embarrassment, anyway what do you need me for I'm just a soldier I can't do anything with air systems of what ever you are fixing now." Sapphire looked back down she really did not want to go.   

Flamestreak sighed "Alright then if wanted stay all alone sulking over a simple mistake then by all means be my guest." Flame said curtly walking away from Sapphire before stopping briefly to add: "Of course if you actually want to be helpful then that greatly appreciated. Also thanks for healing my wings." With that he quickly trotted back the rest of group. 

@@1Bit,@@Unicorncob,@@Ethan Sawyer,

@@Child Of Darkness,

"I'm not too certain about sapphire but I am ready to go, What's the plan?"

Flamestreak sighed "Alright then if wanted stay all alone sulking over a simple mistake then by all means be my guest." Flame said curtly walking away from Sapphire before stopping briefly to add: "Of course if you actually want to be helpful then that greatly appreciated. Also thanks for healing my wings." With that he quickly trotted back the rest of group. 

@@1Bit,@@Unicorncob,@@Ethan Sawyer,

@@Child Of Darkness,

"I'm not too certain about sapphire but I am ready to go, What's the plan?"

"What do you mean 'not too certain'? If anything, she was one of the ponies taking up command when we got here! What could've changed so suddenly that she'll shy away from what needs to be done?" Amber frowned, bewildered. "No, no. I'm not having her sit this out just because of a small scuffle. We'll never get anything done if we let little things get to us. We've only been here for a few hours, for Celestia's sake!" The pegasus turned tail and exited the enclosed space, making for where Sapphire was last. While the corridor she was once in was now barren, silent sobs reached Amber's ears from nearby and it took little time to locate the mare.

"Look, Sapphire, I don't know what it was that Flamestreak said to you, but you really, really ought to come with us. We have no idea what secrets this ship holds or what we might face on the way, so we need to keep together and work as a team." Amber carefully knelt down and the edges of her mouth curled upwards. "Sure you had a little heated moment with Scarlett. But things like that are going to happen. We're in an alien environment, cut off from everypony else, with little to no organisation. You were braver than any of us to even try and take up that mantle of responsibility to lead all of us. Don't hide yourself away because your plans didn't work out in the end. Learn from those mistakes and work harder to better your efforts." She brushed her mane a little as she spoke, conscious of the dust that seemed to cling on to every fibre of her being. "If we aren't unified, then we've already fallen at the first hurdle."

She tried to lift Sapphire up from her solemn state. "Honestly, Scarlett isn't as offended as you may think she is. She's a smart pony, probably the smartest I've ever met, and a smart pony recognises when mistakes happen. If you come with me, we'll head straight to her, yeah?" She offered up an encouraging smile, gesturing to the signposted exit to the engine room that led out onto the ship corridors.

• Brohoof 3

Solar watched, jaw dropped slightly at Amber's speech. She used her ankle PC to flip her helmet's visor open, revealing her widened eyes.

"Wow," She muttered, almost to herself, her voice normal without the visor, "that was... wow."

She had to internally admit, with her sudden realisation that she might not provide much to the group compared to everypony else, she wouldn't mind a little pep talk like that, but Sapphire did deserve it more.

• Brohoof 1

@@1Bit,

Sapphire, was certainly feeling better because of the two separate ponies that had tried to raise her spirits. She stood and looked at her, "I'll come with you but...but I don't know if I can look her in the eyes, oh I'll feel so embarrassed I made a fool of myself, will you be there I can do it of you and the other pony you know the red one I don't even know his name Amber. But I will try I owe it to you for that moral raising speech maybe i'll put you in charge or moral on ship, that's if I'm even in charge." Sapphire stood ready to follow her.

Solar watched, jaw dropped slightly at Amber's speech. She used her ankle PC to flip her helmet's visor open, revealing her widened eyes.

"Wow," She muttered, almost to herself, her voice normal without the visor, "that was... wow."

She had to internally admit, with her sudden realisation that she might not provide much to the group compared to everypony else, she wouldn't mind a little pep talk like that, but Sapphire did deserve it more.

Amber was a little surprised hearing the voice behind her, but her expression softened again when she noticed it was Solar. Her fuzzy cheeks warmed up to a crimson red and she smiled.

"Oh don't worry, I'm sure I could fire one up for you too if you give me some time." She winked at Solar, laughing. "You know what? Yeah! We'll find a nice, quiet room, clean it up a little bit, and I'll set up my own little therapy clinic!" She strode up to the pegasus and craned her neck slightly. "Don't worry, I'm only kidding." Amber whispered, stifling a giggle.

@@1Bit,

Sapphire, was certainly feeling better because of the two separate ponies that had tried to raise her spirits. She stood and looked at her, "I'll come with you but...but I don't know if I can look her in the eyes, oh I'll feel so embarrassed I made a fool of myself, will you be there I can do it of you and the other pony you know the red one I don't even know his name Amber. But I will try I owe it to you for that moral raising speech maybe i'll put you in charge or moral on ship, that's if I'm even in charge." Sapphire stood ready to follow her.

"Well that's good enough for me! We'll head straight up there and get all this settled and out the way." She turned to the door but paused momentarily and looked back at Sapphire. "Oh and the red one's called Flamestreak by the way."

@@1Bit,

Sapphire followed Amber to where they were going, she was despite the pep talk very uneasy in seeing Scarlett again and so soon, she just had threatened to throw her into space and kill her she had totally lost the plot, she knew what she'd feel like if someone would have do than to her. "I'm still not sure this is a good idea."