Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Time Traveling (Poll)

DeadRightNowBoi

Time Travel  

24 users have voted

1. 1. If you ever had the chance to do so, would you time travel to any time period you choose?

• Hell yeah, let's get in the Delorean! :D
    • No, time traveling is too dangerous.
    • I mean like I guess...
  2. 2. Let's say you ended up in the 1950's. How would you feel?

• Wow! This is cool! (Amazed)
    • This has gotta be a dream ._. (I'm scared, I don't belong in this time period)
    • Where am I? (Confused and/or mixed feelings)
  3. 3. Would you change something from your past?

• Yeah, man. I hated when people laughed at my singing when I was 7 at my birthday party...
    • Nope. The past is the past. Leave it the way it is.
    • Meh, I don't really care.
  4. 4. What would be the worst way for you to die on your time traveling journey?

• Erased from Existance
    • Time traveling to a certain area where a nuclear bomb was dropped later in the future.
    • Time traveling to the point where Earth no longer existed.

I think it would be awesome! Potentially incredibly dangerous and irresponsible depending on how the heck time works, but awesome! I'd be more interested in shooting myself into the future and seeing what's to come. It would be a massive spoiler, but if there's anything to worry about, it would be nice to be able to prepare way ahead of time.

Also... yeah, time travelling before the earth existed sounds like something dumb I would do. I do stuff like that all the time when I'm programming, "I wonder how big of a number I can shove in this function before the program breaks..."

• Brohoof 2

For the last question, none of the answers seem that bad. >.> I wouldn't mind not existing anymore. I'm sure of it. :P Nuclear bomb? Quick and painless. Earth not existing anymore? That doesn't really kill me... Unless you mean traveling to the point where the sun has expanded and consumed the earth and arriving right IN the sun. But even that is quick and painless.

I would probably travel to the future cuz technology!

Edited by gyashaa

This is the 1 rule of time travel, do not fuck up the past because that will effect the future and I do NOT want that to happen so I wont take the risk. 

• Brohoof 1

Time travel is a concept that has always terrified me. By travelling to the past, there is no going back to the present you've been living in for all of your life due to your actions. On the other hand, you have no idea what the future will hold, so the possibilities of time travelling into a post-apocalyptic future is just as scary as travelling into the past.

I guess most of my fear of time travel also comes from the fact that I don't want to die young. Whenever I hear stuff like how an asteroid will hit our planet in the next 30 years, or even if I hear people listing scientific reasons about why the zombie apocalypse will happen, I will always remember those moments and stay in that state of panic. I am really tired of living in a state of fear, but that's another topic for another time.

Edited by Odyssey
  • Brohoof 1

Time travel to the past, Make a foturne, Live in the past up to the present, Be awesome, own everything i want..          OR   Travel to the future, Get immortality, Or at least a really long life, Travel to the past, Repeat first idea.

Screwing with time sounds like fun, just need to be careful not to screw my birth up, BUT...  If i did, I would not exsist right now, so i couldnt do all that stuff to mess with my birth in the first place,  SO>> In conclusion, I travel/ed back in time and didnt screw anything up, OR I have/will never travel.

One of the things that bothered me about the DeLorean time machine was the random speed over the Earth's surface. If speed was important relative to the earth's motion, 88mph is effectively no different from holding still in comparison to a measly celestial speed like the Earth's local axial rotation. Relative speeds get worse and worse the more general you get, until one factors in that the Milky way is moving away from other galaxies at a nominal fraction of the speed of light.

Which means unless the DeLorean had a magically giga-powerful supercomputer that could do finite-state n-body gravity simulation, teleporting to any point other than the present would result in tumbling off into space, watching the Earth arc away from you at a tremendous velocity. That, or arriving as if you teleported below the crust and mantle.

Edited by Blue

I've always been curious about what my hometown looked like in the past-- especially the '50s. For that reason, I'm always on the lookout for information and old photos of areas that I'm familiar with in the present. That might be a reason why I liked Back to the Future so much.

An actual time machine would probably be too dangerous even for a responsible person. What might be better is a pair of goggles that allowed a person to see into the past, but not have any affect on it. Of course, the goggles would have to be able to focus on whatever point in space the Earth was at at the time period you're observing, and that's where things get even more complicated.

Edited by Detritus

• 4 years later...

I just need to go back to the 1950-60, and get a couple of things, change a couple of things, etc. It would fix a few things in my life :awwthanks: Easier to collect the stuff I am collecting, if there were still around today.

53 minutes ago, Pastel Heart said:

I'd definitely make the world a better place! And then chill in 2000~

I wouldn't mind having you for a dictator. 2000 would be so much more 1980s :squee:

If you ever had the chance to do so, would you time travel to any time period you choose?
I kinda think it would be bad to travel past your birth date (Quantum Leap theory) so I'd go back to um, a year near my birfday so I can appreciate it with a grown up's understanding.
Let's say you ended up in the 1950's. How would you feel?

It would be like jumping into the movie Pleasantville, but worse because nostalgia painted the 50s in nice bright colors but it was a very dark time in social and technological terms, no thank you.
Would you change something from your past?
I would talk myself out of asking out my first eX, you dumb kid you!
What would be the worst way for you to die on your time traveling journey?
A car accident of me running into me causing a paradox and destroying the galaxy.