Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

spoiler Is anybody else tired of the whole "villains reforming" concept?

Sazama Ichida

8 minutes ago, ExplosionMare said:

I’m so glad the villains turned to stone in s9 because it meant we didn’t have to force a reform on Chrysalis, Cozy, or Tirek. Cozy I understand but Chryssy’s reform would’ve felt super forced

Chrysalis reforming right there would be forced, but doing the reformation itself right(like over time) during some scenario can make it work.

2 hours ago, CypherHoof said:

Nightmare Moon - it depends on if you think something like the POS happened to her; I would put her in the Redeemed column though because I think it was actually Luna all along (and she knows it, hence all the self-punishment) - essentially a thousand-year temper tantrum.

I think of NM more like a separate personality, she is part of luna, but a second personality that the first personality can't really control. Something like Jekyll and hide, but luna is reformed herself for sure, she did decide to take over while still being herself just before turning into nightmare moon.

2 hours ago, CypherHoof said:

- Flim and Flam (is that two? lets count them as one). Definitely not reformed, still up to their grubby little tricks.

They did help fight the villains in the finale, I don't think they are "reformed", they are still jerks but they are clearly not evil.

You missed garble who was reformed, the daring do antagonists who also reformed, same goes to chancellor neighsay. Lightning dust and suri polomare who are not evil but clearly the antagonists of their episodes. 

It seems that they usually reformed pretty minor antagonists, the big ones usually stayed evil.  EG on the other hand...

1 hour ago, Rushing cash said:

I think of NM more like a separate personality, she is part of luna, but a second personality that the first personality can't really control. Something like Jekyll and hide, but luna is reformed herself for sure, she did decide to take over while still being herself just before turning into nightmare moon.

They did help fight the villains in the finale, I don't think they are "reformed", they are still jerks but they are clearly not evil.

You missed garble who was reformed, the daring do antagonists who also reformed, same goes to chancellor neighsay. Lightning dust and suri polomare who are not evil but clearly the antagonists of their episodes. 

It seems that they usually reformed pretty minor antagonists, the big ones usually stayed evil.  EG on the other hand...

Nightmare Moon has always strike to me as  a split personality that was spawned within Luna's heart/mind pretty much.

Wished the show touched more on that and maybe have Luna ending up communicating with her darker self and even getting her to help during certain crisis.