Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Can guys and girls be just friends?

20_cooler

136 users have voted

1. 1. Can guys and girls be just friends?

• Totally!
    • I think so
    • I don't think so
    • No, definately not!

Hey guys!

So I have been wondering for a while now whether guys and girls can be just friends. I am a girl and I have quite a lot of guy friends, so I think they can, but obviously I have liked most of them at some point... Now we are just friends, a lot of them are in the same group. One of those guys has even become my best friend!

But some people say we can't be friends, and Youtube is full of video's "guys and girls can't be friends"... I think that's ridiculous, but people say that's because I'm a girl, and I think this is very offensife to guys. I'm sure guys and girls can be just friends, so I was wondering what your opinion is.

Can guys and girls be just friends? Why (not)? And please mention whether you are a guy or a girl!

Edited by 20_cooler
  • Brohoof 6

Pretty sure they can be. For example there was a girl in high school, actually a few girls at least, and I was friends with all of them. Nothing more, nothing less. We don't live in a world where guys and girls HAVE to be in love with each other, same with guys with guys and girls with girls, they can be friends.

• Brohoof 5

As everyone else is saying, yeah, of course. I'm friends with a few guys, mainly because they're my brother's friends, but eh.

However, I don't have any actual best friends that are male, not because of anything weird, it just happened that way. 

• Brohoof 3

I have a female friend. She has a boyfriend, but I don't give a damn about it much. We like each other very much as simple good friends because we have fun stuff in common, such as MLP:FIM, video games and geek stuff, and we like to share our opinions with each other about things we can learn about via each other.

• Brohoof 4

I'm a guy and I would say so, but I think if some girl looked at me; they would think I have ulterior motives. Granted I do want some friends who are girls. Heck, my OC's silly story line involves being friends with the Mane Six.

• Brohoof 3

I am a guy. Majority of my REAL friends are girls. I have very few friends who are guys. I'm not entirely sure why. I guess it's because I'm one of those guys that just keeps quiet and actually listens to girls when they talk. From my personal experience, girls appreciate that a lot. The only guy friends that I have are the ones I play video games with or are fellow bronies. :|

I have a female friend. She has a boyfriend, but I don't give a damn about it much. We like each other very much as simple good friends because we have fun stuff in common, such as MLP:FIM, video games and geek stuff, and we like to share our opinions with each other about things we can learn about via each other.

I've had some "girl-friends" who also had boyfriends that liked to have a simple conversation with me or even just a good laugh because for some stupid reason i make people laugh unintentionally. All i ever do is speak my mind and opinion to them and for some reason, everyone finds it hilarious. so, yeah, i had friends that were like that and i even became acquainted with their boyfriends who turned out to be more friendly than I anticipated. We all end up cracking up at about everything we tell each other and they both end up thanking me for giving them a good time. Not in that sense, get your mind out of the gutter.

• Brohoof 1

Yep. I have friends of all genders! I think it's a nice balance to have male and female friends, it'd be boring to have all girl friends or all boy friends. 

• Brohoof 1

I'm wondering about the people who told you guys and girls can't just be friends. It wouldn't make any sense if guys and girls can't be friends.

Life isn't just about relationships.

• Brohoof 2

Ofc they can. After all you need to be friends first before you can be more than friends... or have kids these days decided  to skip that phase entirely? XD

Edited by Malinter
  • Brohoof 1

I will use my sister as an example. :yay:

She has about 6 male friends at the moment, and they have all at some point confessed to her.

She's asexual.

Her "harem of friend-zoned guys" is bigger than her actual group of friends. :grin2:

So now she has a lot of good (male) friends, without any romancce going on. :D

• Brohoof 2

I qas readibg the other day that there had been a psychological research thing about boys and girls being friends and it saud that it cant be that they are just friends, allways one of them has at least ever thought of something more as a friendship.

• Brohoof 1

I qas readibg the other day that there had been a psychological research thing about boys and girls being friends and it saud that it cant be that they are just friends, allways one of them has at least ever thought of something more as a friendship.

Well yeah. I've had the occasional stray thought about that with my own friends. Its something the brain sometimes does as it processes your interactions with your friends. My friends would make terrible partners, I know this, my brain knows this but it still happens anyway. 

One can always choose to keep a friend as a friend. Until they choose to act otherwise or make more of it. 

• Brohoof 1

Of course, but it's normal that one would at some point at least find them attractive. I think it is in our nature to be on the lookout for suitable mates though that does not mean one can't just be friends with a girl or a man in your case.

Problem with being a manly man is you find that most girls are only trying to get into your pants. Though there are always some that want to be friends, so I wouldn't worry about it.

• Brohoof 1