Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Can guys and girls be just friends?

20_cooler

136 users have voted

1. 1. Can guys and girls be just friends?

• Totally!
    • I think so
    • I don't think so
    • No, definately not!

I'm just saying, it doesn't take a genius to put two and two together using their brain only to discover,

that yes,

Girls and guys,

Guys and girls,

can in fact

be friends.

• Brohoof 3

It's absolutely possible for guys and girls to just be friends. There are many situations where you are friends with the opposite gender, but the relationship between the two of you is more like brother and sister and you could never imagine being anything more than good friends. These types of friendships can be very beneficial for members of both genders. Our first experience with neutral gender diversity is within our own family, but when we expand beyond ourselves and our family it gives us a healthy bit of perspective on what the other side is all about. This gives you beneficial experience with the opposite gender and it can be valuable later on when you are seeking romantic relationships because you won't just have a one dimensional view of the opposite gender.

• Brohoof 1

As long as boys and girls are called different things (why not young human?) some not. Im not saying no girl can be Friends with boys, but list girls as different than boys activates a natural team blue vs team red... thing. its a natural instinct honestly, competitive blood, us humans. They even made a vault in fallout to test this except it was red and blue. They got along well for a year or 2 until someone asked "who is better?" than instant civil war.

not always but overall

#logic at fallout 

• Brohoof 1

Yes. They can be friends. I grew up hanging around girl friends (picked up a few bad habits like hand gesturing and chattiness).

Unless they were a couple, in that case no. They can't. They can try but almost in every case, someone is going to suffer.

Edited by K1NG_NAZARA
  • Brohoof 1

• 4 years later...
(edited)

They can be friends sure but staying as friends you have to make it clear you only want to be friends. Which usually is drama as that's how it is people think of everyone as a romance possibility. Yet of course you can be friends, though you also cant control the other having feelings for you should therefore keep that in mind. While I've been friends with girls most of them do desire a relationship and whether it is you or they that have those feelings is random.  

I say you can but if they want to be more then friends be it you or the person you are friends with. Say the feeling is not mutual then that will most likely be the end of your friendship and relationship you would have had. Knowing a lot of girls they take rejection very strongly. 

Edited by Fluttershyfan94
  • Brohoof 2

I've always struggled with this unless I wasn't attracted to the guy at all, because otherwise it would just feel awkward for me. But everyone is different and for some people it's very easy to have friends of the opposite gender.

I always found girls to be more interesting than guys especially if they have an interest in stuff that guys would be interested in like games or sports. I also like seeing what their personality is like or where they come from because for some reason I have an interest in what my friends like rather than my own interests. :P 

• Brohoof 1

13 hours ago, Fluttershyfan94 said:

They can be friends sure but staying as friends you have to make it clear you only want to be friends. Which usually is drama as that's how it is people think of everyone as a romance possibility. Yet of course you can be friends, though you also cant control the other having feelings for you should therefore keep that in mind. While I've been friends with girls most of them do desire a relationship and whether it is you or they that have those feelings is random.  

I say you can but if they want to be more then friends be it you or the person you are friends with. Say the feeling is not mutual then that will most likely be the end of your friendship and relationship you would have had. Knowing a lot of girls they take rejection very strongly. 

That’s probably one of the advantages of being ugly. I am never gonna have to lose friends who are girls due to drama like you mentioned loool. 

For me personally. I’ve never been friends with a girl, but I would say that yes, boys and girls can be friends. There’s nothing wrong with it.

• Brohoof 1

3 minutes ago, Princess of Luck 🍀🔥 said:

That’s probably one of the advantages of being ugly. I am never gonna have to lose friends who are girls due to drama like you mentioned loool. 

For me personally. I’ve never been friends with a girl, but I would say that yes, boys and girls can be friends. There’s nothing wrong with it.

You're always beautiful to someone, and we could always be friends.

• Brohoof 2

On 5/30/2020 at 2:35 PM, Princess of Luck 🍀🔥 said:

You aren't missing anything. Girls are annoying and have cooties. :ph3ar:

(edited)

I dun get that. I mean what if ur bi does that mean u can't be friends with anyone loool

Or is it just that they are so different blah blah

Edited by flurry

Can boys and girls be just friends?

latest?cb=20190312045634

Yes, they can. It just deepens on how close friends they can be before you say they are in a relationship. Unless it is a blind date that some how works. Or love first sight somehow works.

(edited)

It honestly would be sexist to say that it isn't possible for "guys and girls" to be friends, and it goes against my own real life experiences. So yes, a male and a female can just be friends.

Edited by Dustlicious

Common sense tells me yes, my experiences and the majority of what I've witnessed tell me no. Bottom line, I think it just comes down to the people involved. Most people can be entirely platonic with someone of the opposite gender (or whatever gender they're attracted to), but there are definitely some who can't.

• Brohoof 1